• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So for us who didnt get a preorder in for PS5...

Rayderism

I still just plan to wait until I can walk into a store and buy one. When that will be, who knows, but that's my plan.

Im going to guess by late January that you can fairly easily find them online.

Ive been boned from multiple walmart restockings and Playstation direct restockings. I'm just about ready to throw in the towel until theyre readily available. Really the only "next gen" game that I'll wait to play on PS5 is Miles Morales. Theres not much else out there that interests me at the moment.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I swear to god getting into a website and ordering online is just not possible as a human. I should really look up how all of these scalpers are pulling this shit off.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sejan

I imagine that the people that are really looking for one will probably be able to get one by the end of December or January. I’d guess it’ll be April or may before your local Walmart or target is likely to have them on the shelves most of the time. Either way, each shipment leaves more satisfied customers and less people still looking to buy one. Every unit sold increases your odds of finding one.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
My complaints appear to have been heard by the gods!

I managed to get in an order of this bundle at GameStop.

Basically forced me to buy a headset I don't want, but otherwise I planned to buy everything included anyway, so I'm happy. Should show up some time next week.

Only sharing to let everyone here know that there is hope! You can F5 your way into an order.

NullZ3r0

Banned
Black Friday in the U.S. Retailers are intentionally hoarding PS5 stock until then to drive traffic to their sites.

Walmart said they were getting it in stock at 3pm est (now). It immediately says out of stock.
Wtf?
edit: nvm just went in stock but having trouble getting it into my cart.

Last edited:
Honestly the smartest thing Walmart could do is make it only order online for store pickup, not shipping.

This automatically prevents the bot nonsense and is how I got my Series S on Target for launch day.

I just don't give a fuck anymore. I'm now looking forward to CES 2021 to check out what new televisions will be hitting the market come spring. Why? Because at this point I won't be able to get my hands on PS5 till that timeframe. I also want to see if Sony makes the jump to mini-LED. If they replace the 900h with plenty zones of local dimming using mini-LED, than I'm on board.

Remember, Walmart is "America's Store", I am sure there were several millions upon millions of Americans online at the same time trying to purchase a PS5.

devilNprada

I swear to god getting into a website and ordering online is just not possible as a human. I should really look up how all of these scalpers are pulling this shit off.

They are using code to checkout.. The guys dealing shoes do it all the time leaving once every seven year console launch purchasers simply out matched...
Four of us just tried to get a friend one off Walmart... I think only 5% of people trying actually got one..

I miss the old days of camping out.... Then the dedicated get consoles, not the snakes...

Shakka43

I think is bullshit how these websites work, the stock should be tied to the cart for a certain amount so those that got one in can get an actual chance to check out. I got the "out of stock" message at the very last step of "place order".

Last edited:

devilNprada

They should have one of those show you are a real person things where you have pick all the pictures of street lights.

Stores don't care who buys it or what they do with it.. That feature is an inconvenience other than once every seven years for a console launch..

Kamina

Golden Boy
I think is bullshit how these websites work, the stock should be tied to the cart for a certain amount so those that got one in can get an actual chance to check out. I got the out stock message at the very last step of "place order".
Same here. It’s retarded. If someone stole stuff from my shopping basket in a supermarket they’d get to know my fist.

NullZ3r0

Banned
I think is bullshit how these websites work, the stock should be tied to the cart for a certain amount so those that got one in can get an actual chance to check out. I got the out stock message at the very last step of "place order".
Tell me about it. These websites are not a substitute for in-person shopping. Once I have the item in my cart, inventory needs to reflect that because checking out is usually a shit-show.

Gamerguy84

Just had one in the cart only to be ripped out at checkout. Happened at 3PM EST. All were gone before 3:01.

I'm still going to try for one but this is beyond ridiculous. The more money being made by these guys the more will jump on board. This could honestly end up the biggest shit show ever when it comes to these bitches.

NullZ3r0

Banned
Did anyone just experience the shit show that was Wal-Mart's ps5/SeX black Friday console availability?
Two times I had one in my cart and it crashed. The last time it crashed at "Place order" and then out of stock. I've been F5ing sine 2:30 EST.

Radical_3d

December 12th.
tumblr_inline_mjfqya0jJ51rp8tmf.jpg

Quantum253

Two times I had one in my cart and it crashed. The last time it crashed at "Place order" and then out of stock. I've been F5ing sine 2:30 EST.
My buddy and I couldn't get passed the Capcha. Had to keep clicking the not robot box. Eventually the boxes appeared but would go back to the check box. Never got 1 in the cart.

NullZ3r0

Banned
My buddy and I couldn't get passed the Capcha. Had to keep clicking the not robot box. Eventually the boxes appeared but would go back to the check box. Never got 1 in the cart.
Never had a capcha on mine. Probably because I've been on the page since yesterday.

Quantum253

Never had a capcha on mine. Probably because I've been on the page since yesterday.
Strange, I've had walmart, target and best buy opened on a separate browser for a few days know hoping a sale would be canceled and go be available. So far there was 1 out of box from Beat Buy and that went in seconds

Hairsplash

How long are we hedging bets on having to wait before being able to get our hands on one?
digital version or disc version... i want the digital version... so i hope February
, but if history repeats probably june 2021 for The GTAV “promo” for the digital version...

ah, history... back-in-the-day...
first sighting of a ps4 in RL on 2014, february... while that is the first one I saw,
the first ps4 i bought was the destiny white version after september 9, 2014. (probably in october... not sure)

Last edited:

Quantum253

If it’s any consolation, looks like I have a fucked PS5. Nothing is installing. As soon as I remove the disc, it wipes the game. Has done this for DS and Spider-Man.
No consolation, because having it, and being broken, sucks way more than not finding on yet.

Hairsplash

If it’s any consolation, looks like I have a fucked PS5. Nothing is installing. As soon as I remove the disc, it wipes the game. Has done this for DS and Spider-Man.
what happens with the digital version?... an expensive test, yes, and then you have a “useless” disc version (two copies) (sony does not refund digital versions right?)

Top Bottom