• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

so great... the 360 i bought last week is dead.... i wonder what to do

llTll

Banned
i was playing PGR3 trying to get the Ferrari car [ the most expensive one] and all the sudden it went black and ring of death on 360. turned it off and on . let it rest. all kinda of crap and its the same thing. i called the store and he said i can return it back but i have to wait to get another 360 or spend the money on something else.

now aside from playing and loving LIVE. the game wasnt very intresting single player. and i didnt buy RR6 and i am not buying one now thanks to RR7 on ps3.

i wonder if i should just spend the money on ps3 pre-order or get another 360 later.

this is pissing me off.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
get another one. You should at least give it a chance, and you liked live. Almost certainly there is a Forza 2 in the wings.

Heck if you don't like it after a few more weeks, you can always smother it with a pillow - guaranteed to overheat.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
:lol :lol

previous "I just bought the 360!" thread = the setup
current "my 360 just died, time to order ps3!" thread = the execution.

well played.

llTll

Banned
open_mouth_ said:

well played.

you are stupid. :lol check my gamer tag on the other thread in xbox live web page. its the same nick name i am using here . moron :lol

beside, if it was a game, i would be having more fun at least trying to bash the 360 i have before i sell it :lol

man i am pissed :(

SantaC

open_mouth_ said:

well played.

or maybe, just maybe his Xbox 360 died? It's not like it hasnt happend before.

llTll

Banned
mrklaw said:
get another one. You should at least give it a chance, and you liked live. Almost certainly there is a Forza 2 in the wings.

Heck if you don't like it after a few more weeks, you can always smother it with a pillow - guaranteed to overheat.

thats what i am thinking. i really love Live. i never played a game as much i am playing now since PSO on DC. i am loving Live. but i cant accept the idea of getting a new 360 and set on the edge worried it will break down or not. and start praying and shit c`mon

llTll

Banned
Azih said:
18004myxbox already

dude

1- i am not in US
2- why call a number to replace my 360 when i can get a NEW 360 when the new shipment comes ??

m problem is whatever

1- fuck 360, wait for PS3 [ who i will buy whatever i have 360 or not ]
2- wait till new shipment arrive and get another 360 next week.
3- wait till MS fix the problem of their machines, then i will get one

llTll

Banned
ColdBlooded33 said:

:lol

on the other hand i wanted to hold the console and throw it. but then the devil within me went back to sleep after some playstation 2 kisses and some ace combat zero playin.

Azih

Whichever country you're in will have a MS repair process set up. I got excellent service in Canada. Dead boxes are hell but MS has made recitifying the problem as painless as they could which almost absolves them in my book.

bitwise

Banned
hahah, how funny someone in his other thread predicted we would get one of these "its now dead" thread within two weeks. Get a new schtick

open_mouth_ said:

well played.

You forgot about the one asking about how widespread the defect problem was. Not to mention his countless X360 trolls.

I demand proof that he ever even bought a 360. :lol

raYne

:lol this thread is hilarious.

Anyway, if PGR was the only thing on the system you were/are interested in you'd be better off not getting it replaced. Spend the money on something else.

pestul

Definately sucks when it happens to you.. but does anyone think that PS3 will have less problems? It's the same thing with all the new PC hardware that creates more heat... more failures.

raYne

Tony HoTT said:
:lol

Oneself said:
Was it a Hitachi or Samsung? Just curious..
Here we go...

pestul said:
Definately sucks when it happens to you.. but does anyone think that PS3 will have less problems? It's the same thing with all the new PC hardware that creates more heat... more failures.
Sony systems never fail.. whoever told you that was lying.
lawl

llTll

Banned
DopeyFish said:
just curious... were you signed into xbox live when it happened?

nope dopyfish. i wasnt. i wanted to play single player so i can get the car. it just frigging happend by it self

llTll

Banned
Oneself said:
Was it a Hitachi or Samsung? Just curious..

it was samsung. but this is not drive failer dude. its just the system.

as for the drives, i think they both the same.

llTll

Banned
pestul said:

i expect the ps3 to be worst. blue ray... god help us all

llTll

Banned
raYne said:
He means signed onto Live, not playing on Live.

well uh.. i dont know. all i know that when i turn the console on. turn the game on, it tells my my profile has signed on. but whatever me signing into live or not. i dont know. but i dont think so. because usually i have to conenct to live manually

madara

My friend had same problem with his last week. Just flat out returned it and is going to wait out the better production runs then first gen ones now.

you get a free replacement, just have it replaced..

if that breaks you can have that one replaced. You're losing nothing but the time it takes you to go to the store.

bill0527

open_mouth_ said:

well played.

Haha, I was just thinking the same thing from knowing what I do about his post history.

Mifune

Mehmber
That sucks. But it's not like you're out the money or anything. Just send it back to Microsoft and get it replaced. These things happen.

llTll

Banned
Mifune said:
That sucks. But it's not like you're out the money or anything. Just send it back to Microsoft and get it replaced. These things happen.

exactly. thats why i am not really red right now. other wise i would be dead by now. its 400$ man.. :lol

newsguy

What are the odds that you create the pre-purchase thread where 98% of the replies are "working fine since day 1" and getting a 360 which actually dies. Play whatever form of lottery is offered in your country right now.

Top Bottom