• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, has MS offcially announced "Shadowrun"?

I'm kinda curious as I was in B&N earlier today and saw this:

0451460588.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Its the first book in a trilogy. It came out in November and the second one arrives in January I think (I'm pretty sure that's what the inside of the book said).

There wasn't anything Xbox related on the inside like there was with the Halo novels. But, I was thinking that they could be doing the backstory for the game with the novels. Maybe I'm wrong and they're just part of the D&D Shadowrun type paper role playing game. I don't know.

Anyway, I just thought it was interesting and I thought I would bring it up here........

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Huh.

Nope, far as I know there's been official talk about it. Most I've heard is buzz from tradeshows and that artist at FASA Studios who let slip he was working on it during an interview.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
It still has a decent sized fanbase for the rpg, which I think was re-released with revised rules again recently. So that probably explains the novel tie-in.

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
M$ owns FASA
M$ owns Shadowrun name
FASA looking for staff to make an MMO
I QnA'd Shane Kim a few GDCs back and asked him straight out about Shadowrun. He beamed a knowing smile and told me jack shit

That's all I got to go on, but I have a baseless hunch that it's happening now.

White Man

You know that Shadowrun has been around, and independent of MS, for many, many years, right?

The 4th edition of the PnP RPG recently came out, and I believe Shadowrun novels have been coming out for the better part of a decade.

It still has a decent sized fanbase for the rpg, which I think was re-released with revised rules again recently. So that probably explains the novel tie-in.

Outside of normal D&D, it's probably the most popular RPG in my area, not counting miniature-based games.

Kobold

half-wit retard monkey's ass
element said:
it was never said to be an MMO, the term used was 'multiplayer'.
Indeed.

And people, as you know, you need people to work on multiplayer if you want cooperative missions in your game or even simple adverserial gameplay. Thusly, multiplayer is not MMO in de definition of the word or how it was phrased persé at FASA's job posting.

MrSingh

I met one of the guys who worked on Shadowrun Xbox 360.

But he said Xbox 1.5 is not powerful enough so it will be released on PS3 instead.

* one of the quotes above is not true

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
The artist who let slip he was working on it said it was an FPS.

God help you if it's Perfect Dark Zero with a Shadowrun skin, FASA. God help you.

Not that I wouldn't buy it anyway.

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
Servizio said:

God help you if it's Perfect Dark Zero with a Shadowrun skin, FASA. God help you.

Not that I wouldn't buy it anyway.

MMO FPS. That's 'the new black' donchano

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Servizio said:

maybe more like deus ex?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
YellowAce said:
I met one of the guys who worked on Shadowrun Xbox 360.

But he said Xbox 1.5 is not powerful enough so it will be released on PS3 instead.

* one of the quotes above is not true

it wasn't a guy was it??

Blackace

White Man said:
You know that Shadowrun has been around, and independent of MS, for many, many years, right?

The 4th edition of the PnP RPG recently came out, and I believe Shadowrun novels have been coming out for the better part of a decade.

Outside of normal D&D, it's probably the most popular RPG in my area, not counting miniature-based games.

well it is based in Seattle... I liked the OG rules better anyways.. the d20 crap is for the birds... give me a dice pool of 25 d6 anyday

ram

it was based in seattle. since fanpro (german paper and pen publisher) bought the rights from the defunc fasa studios, they changed to more german cities and landscapes. afterall, shadowrun is now even more european than it was before.

Blackace

ram said:
it was based in seattle. since fanpro (german paper and pen publisher) bought the rights from the defunc fasa studios, they changed to more german cities and landscapes. afterall, shadowrun is now even more european than it was before.

well that's no good... :lol

Kasra

Banned
I hope they show this at E3.

Or better yet! They should make the original Shadowrun games available for download on Live Arcade!

Blackace

Kasra said:
I hope they show this at E3.

Or better yet! They should make the original Shadowrun games available for download on Live Arcade!

and and I'd like a free pony

Top Bottom