• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So how bad is the Switch stock situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreoleo

So I had an extra Switch pre order at Walmart in case Best Buy fell through. I wasn't even planning on picking it up so I'd just get refunded, but I receved an email that the Switch had been picked up on March 7th. I went to the store that day and asked what the hell was going on and why I got charged the $300 (not pending, and it's still there).

They couldn't figure it out, said they'd review the tapes and call me back.

Manager calls me back at 10pm that night and says it was a mix up and someone else get my Switch by accident. I say whatever, just give me a refund, but he insisted that he would get another one on Tuesday March 14th and give me a call.

No call yesterday. Charge is still there. Pick up manager guy isn't working today and the other workers had no idea about this incident.

What the fuck mane

That makes no sense (Not to imply I don't believe you). Some dude was just able to walk in and get someone else's preorder without showing ID or the CC used to make the purchase? So he got a Switch for free, basically? That's a staggering amount of ineptitude, even for Wal-Mart.

Z..

Is the drought over or did it just not hit everywhere?

Local best buy equivalent had about 30 on display shelves and have only sold 12 units since launch according to a friend who I spotted working there.

Local best buy equivalent had about 30 on display shelves and have only sold 12 units since launch according to a friend who I spotted working there.

What store is your local Best Buy equivalent?

Iorv3th

So I had an extra Switch pre order at Walmart in case Best Buy fell through. I wasn't even planning on picking it up so I'd just get refunded, but I receved an email that the Switch had been picked up on March 7th. I went to the store that day and asked what the hell was going on and why I got charged the $300 (not pending, and it's still there).

They couldn't figure it out, said they'd review the tapes and call me back.

Manager calls me back at 10pm that night and says it was a mix up and someone else get my Switch by accident. I say whatever, just give me a refund, but he insisted that he would get another one on Tuesday March 14th and give me a call.

No call yesterday. Charge is still there. Pick up manager guy isn't working today and the other workers had no idea about this incident.

What the fuck mane

Ask to see the tapes. Maybe that manager will be seen walking off with a switch.... Pretty sure you have to bring your order confirmation in to do in store pickup.

I assume you're not in the US? They're sold out pretty much everywhere here, but outside the US people have reported tons of available stock.

First of all, all replies are apprecated and duly noted. Thanks for the tips everyone!

That makes no sense (Not to imply I don't believe you). Some dude was just able to walk in and get someone else's preorder without showing ID or the CC used to make the purchase? So he got a Switch for free, basically? That's a staggering amount of ineptitude, even for Wal-Mart.
I should have clarified when I said someone else got it. The manager said that the order number was mixed up with another customer's order number, so that customer went home with the wrong item. Which honestly I think is bullshit.

I'll be going in there tomorrow and wont leave until I get a refund.

First of all, all replies are apprecated and duly noted. Thanks for the tips everyone!

I should have clarified when I said someone else got it. The manager said that the order number was mixed up with another customer's order number, so that customer went home with the wrong item. Which honestly I think is bullshit.

I'll be going in there tomorrow and wont leave until I get a refund.

Call you credit card company , and let them deal with Walmart. They will give you the refund right away and they will fight Walmart for you.

I'm always surprised by the amount of banned accounts. I'm not sure I'll ever feel safe starting a thread.

I don't think they have been banning people far less than they use to and I do think they use to be ban way too quickly. Sometimes you have to realize that people are going to be a little different or make a mistake. I think less perms are def right,as you are forcing too much into people for "who" they are. Even if we or some don't like somes words we should try to give them a bit of a chance to be friendly or respecting to others or we will never grow anyways.

I've been going to Target early in the morning ever 2-3 days, and still haven't seen any in stock. I'm getting sick of hunting one down. May just give up and try again this summer.

Bummer.

I've been going to Target early in the morning ever 2-3 days, and still haven't seen any in stock. I'm getting sick of hunting one down. May just give up and try again this summer.

Bummer.

Yeah that's why I've just been skipping out on Target entirely. I'm now only checking up on Walmart through inventory checkers, and using the zoolert online tracker. I've established those are the two best ways to get a Switch. Walmart's inventory is accurate in my area. If you see Switches still in stock but the employee says there aren't any, then that means those Switches are either preorders or the employee has no clue what they're talking about and you should ask to speak to a manager. I've found out that Walmart is keeping preordered Switches for 30 days, and then they go back on the floor.

The reason I still don't have one is because after seeing a shipment come to my Walmart (through the inventory checkers) earlier this week, I hesitated for a few hours because I was scared of getting rejected. When I actually went later that day, the employee there told me there was in fact a new shipment that morning and that they had all been sold. And then with the zoolert online tracker, I was busy when Target had the Neon up several times on Monday and when Walmart had it up Tuesday (looks like Walmart's aren't actually going through?).

I'm not giving up. It's gonna happen this weekend, I can feel it! Stay strong, people!
And I already bought my copy of Zelda and a Pro Controller so yeah :')

Tonyx

It has not hit everywhere.

Here in Italy it's never been sold out (but you will have an hard time finding a Zelda).

NYCrooner

I work a couple blocks from Nintendo World Store and they haven't had any in stock for days. I neglected picking one up initially but after that Zelda review, I feel obligated. I just can't keep spending time stalking NWS for it. If I happen to see one on the wild, I'll pick it up, otherwise I'm taking a chill.

DR2K

Banned
Just wish Nintendo were effective at crushing scalpers as they were destroying young youtubers dreams or fans making games to celebrate their legacy.

Just wish Nintendo were effective at crushing scalpers as they were destroying young youtubers dreams or fans making games to celebrate their legacy.

Tinfoil hat. Nintendo sells the console to make money unlike Sony and Microsoft who take losses initially, right? What if Nintendo is paying the scalpers and double dipping, selling consoles at double the price for more profit? #WakeUpSheeple

Update: I did not eat my copy of Zelda.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I work a couple blocks from Nintendo World Store and they haven't had any in stock for days. I neglected picking one up initially but after that Zelda review, I feel obligated. I just can't keep spending time stalking NWS for it. If I happen to see one on the wild, I'll pick it up, otherwise I'm taking a chill.
p

Almost 3 weeks since launch and no restock in any store, absolutely killing my spring break :(

DR2K

Banned
Tinfoil hat. Nintendo sells the console to make money unlike Sony and Microsoft who take losses initially, right? What if Nintendo is paying the scalpers and double dipping, selling consoles at double the price for more profit? #WakeUpSheeple

Update: I did not eat my copy of Zelda.

I mean even retailers are staring to force bundles on consumers. That's absolutely vile

DESTROYA

So in general when can we expect more shipments?
NINTENDO needs to ramp up production.
I'm stupid, had a chance to get when on launch day but didn't think I'd take this long to find one later.

Glix

ALERT - BOTW Special edition in stock NYC AMAZON PRIME NOW.

Edit - also have 1-2 Switch and Just Dance at slight discounts.

UPDATE - BOTW gone now. Hope a gaffer got it!

Hari Seldon

I'm stupid, had a chance to get when on launch day but didn't think I'd take this long to find one later.

According to the reddit thread posted here they will be arriving next week. Target allegedly will hold the stock until Sunday the 26th in order to advertise them in their weekly ad.

I had a pre-order, but sold it to someone in my office because certain life things hit the week before. Turns out I didn't need to be reactionary, but with so many reports of shelves being stocked 2-3 days after I didn't think it'd be an issue. Kind of regret giving it up, but whatever, it's a console.

Yeah and there was some issue with some of them possibly getting their orders cancelled. Not sure if there was any update on that stuff.

Mine has not been cancelled yet, but most likey will be. According to WM their system will look for one across all distribution centers for about 10 days, then cancel if nothing is found. I'm going to call cancel before next Sunday day (26th) and try for Target...

Seik

Banned
Still didn't receive my Orzly tempered glass, but the moment I get it I'll be looking to get one.

Had a Switch at launch but got it scratched and sold it, didn't lose a cent though. :(

BDrummer1606

Neo Member
Finally found a pro controller a few towns over from mine and picked it up while I was out of town. Crazy that it was sold out everywhere within an hour, but happy I found it!

Got my tracking number from Amazon.es, looks like it's going to be here Monday.

It's going to be a loooooooong weekend.

I haven't received an update yet on Amazon.es other than "we received your order, Pending shipping" from a few days ago. When did you order yours?

I haven't received an update yet on Amazon.es other than "we received your order" from a few days ago. When did you order yours?
I ordered last Saturday, the 11th. At the time I ordered, they still said "expected back in stock on March 17." The original delivery estimate on my order email was March 22-23, so I'm actually getting it a little earlier than expected.

So is the only issue here that you just need to buy a US plug, or is their a voltage issue to worry about too?
Just the plug. The included adapter accepts 110-240v, so a converter isn't necessary.

The warranty situation is still not entirely clear to me. I've heard people claim that NoA won't service a foreign-purchased device, but others have said they've had luck getting it done. But it's something I'm willing to risk, especially since Spain has a 2-year warranty vs. the US 1-year.

According to the reddit thread posted here they will be arriving next week. Target allegedly will hold the stock until Sunday the 26th in order to advertise them in their weekly ad.
Adding a data point, someone in the nowinstock thread relayed that a Walmart employee claimed they would be getting a huge shipment by early April. Like a few hundred units.

ParityBit

Yes it is. I've ordered it before I've found a Switch as well.

Any other accessories which I would need outside of that? I figure I get the crap and let it rot so I am not running around later looking for stuff.

I know I need a memory card (suggestions/max size?)
Network hookup for the dock of some sort?
Anything else?

I assume everyone's neon order from walmart is all stuck on order created and undefined?

Posted this a few pages back:

"Talked to a WM rep via their chat:

"At this time, it appears that Nintendo Switch Gaming Console with Neon Blue and Neon Red Joy-Con is on backorder.This means that the shipping center nearest you does not have that item. Rest assured, the system is checking other centers for the item so that we can fulfill it for you."

He advised it can take 3-10 business days for their system to find one and either ship it or cancel the order."

Has anyone ever seen a Switch on Prime Now?

I'm in NYC and only see the Pro controller. Have never encountered a Switch. Curious to see if anyone here has seen a Switch on Amazon Prime Now?

(i keep exploring my options lol)

I've seen them show up on Prime Now in Seattle a couple times but they're gone in seconds.

I kind of feel bad for you people actively trying to find one. Mine's just been sitting with Zelda in it and gathering dust. Even have a Pro controller. Maybe I'll try and get some playtime in today finally.

I kind of feel bad for you people actively trying to find one. Mine's just been sitting with Zelda in it and gathering dust. Even have a Pro controller. Maybe I'll try and get some playtime in today finally.

Was that a stealth brag in a thread full of people desperate for finding a switch? Shame on you man. You've got people in here driving way too many miles to count trying to just get a glimpse of one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom