• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, how difficult is it (usually) to claim a "delivered" UPS package as lost?

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodcow

Well, it seems to have finally happened. After hundreds of online order deliveries, something was apparently "delivered" to my house but uh... I don't have it. So I'm assuming they left it on the porch and somebody stole it.

How difficult is it (usually) to claim a package with a delivered status as lost/stolen/missing/NOT IN MY DAMN POSESSION?

Eh, but then again this is from Amazon, and I order from them almost once a week, so it probably shouldn't be a problem at all.

Miburou

Don't you have to sign on delivery? At least that's the case when I get something delivered by UPS here in Canada.

goodcow

Miburou said:
Don't you have to sign on delivery? At least that's the case when I get something delivered by UPS here in Canada.

Usually yes, unless the driver decides to leave it there and go away due to tight schedules.

Vlad

goodcow said:
Usually yes, unless the driver decides to leave it there and go away due to tight schedules.

Well, if you didn't sign for it then you should ideally be able to call up UPS and have them verify the signature. If there isn't one, or the driver just threw something on there that doesn't even come close to matching the signature of anybody in your household, you should theoretically have your foot in the door.

I've really noticed that package delivery has gone seriously downhill in quality lately. I remember when I used to get a box from UPS/USPS, they'd knock first, and if there wasn't anybody home they'd leave the little note instructing me to pick it up. Lately, though, it seems that they always just leave the box right on my front door if there's no car in the driveway, and don't even bother knocking if there is a car there.

ohamsie

Good luck on this, I had USPS lose a package of mine, and when I went to the post office to complain they basically just said tough shit, the deliverer scanned it as being delivered, and as far as they were concerned it was. Never did get the package back, assholes.

Wait a day or two. I've had UPS mark packages as being delivered to my doorstep, and then they deliver it a day or two later. Drivers know they won't have time to deliver it in the scheduled time and pull that shit so UPS doesn't have to give a refund. Funny thing is, I've been home most of the times they have said they delivered it. UPS sucks ass. I always go FedEx whenever possible. They always deliver it on time, and early in the morning. Not at 5pm, and a day late like UPS.

miyuru

I was home playing Nintendo, and the UPS guy left another note claiming 'Delivery Failed' because nobody was home.

I hate UPS. Canada Post all the way, they leave your package at the station, which for me is like a 2 minute walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom