• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So I’m buying a new ps5

TheMan

So long story I’m in the market for a new ps5 after licking out and getting one around launch when I preordered on a whim.

Plenty available on Facebook but half the listings are scams, and I’ll be damned if I pay 100 over retail to the other guys.

Anywho I hear they’re getting easier to pick up new. Tips?

Last edited:

Goon_Bong

Whatever local ‘PS5StockAlert’ Twitter handle will help - it’s how I got mine. Buying direct from Sony in a bunduru will net you a higher chance of scoring one also.

I subscribed to Walmart+ for their last holiday PS5 drop. I was lucky enough to be home when it happened and was ready to join the online cart line in advance on my laptop and on phone.

Got stuck in the queue on my laptop but was able to get through and place the PS5 into my cart on my phone and bought it at retail price right away. Unsubbed from Walmart+ a short while after my purchase with no issues.

supernova8

Banned
Depends where you are in the world. Some markets (like Japan where I am) are getting absolutely shafted in terms of PS5 stock.

Also
Plenty available on Facebook but half the listings are scams, and I’ll be damned if I pay 100 over retail to the other guys.
Respect.
Handshake Bros GIF

only 100 over! You should count yourself lucky. Won't even tell you the silly scalper prices still at play in Japan.

TheMan

When the PlayStation direct store lists something as coming soon, does that usually mean hours or days? Just wondering

Topher

Gold Member
I used this site:

and the HotStock App

And then I followed this man's advice...

Motivate Shia Labeouf GIF
Do It Reaction GIF
Do It GIF

Last edited:

EDMIX

Sony Direct.

I jumped on that COD MW2 bundle and just bit the bullet and now seeing how its sold out, I'm happy I did.

I'm just going to sell COD MW2 or trade it in or something and move on with life lol

I tried using Amazon's invite thing and didn't get a chance to get one literally since 2020. So I was taking no chances when I saw those COD MW2 bundles still up on Sony's store.

Chronicle

So long story I’m in the market for a new ps5 after licking out and getting one around launch when I preordered on a whim.

Anywho I hear they’re getting easier to pick up new. Tips?
Go in to a shop and pick it up off the shelf.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Console buying isn’t about “integrity” it’s about getting the console or not having the console I think scalpers are wrong yes we got factories being made in china to get consoles out quickly to make it capable at buying a console off store shelves without shoving someone.

Foilz

Banned
I just bought my 14th ps5. I got a digital on Sunday from Amazon. I bought it because I sold my personal one and wanted to play GOW when it's released but now I'm gonna resell this one and get a.new.gpu for my PC. I'll play GOW on my PC in a yr. Ps5's are very easy to get if you know where to look

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
I just bought my 14th ps5. I got a digital on Sunday from Amazon. I bought it because I sold my personal one and wanted to play GOW when it's released but now I'm gonna resell this one and get a.new.gpu for my PC. I'll play GOW on my PC in a yr. Ps5's are very easy to get if you know where to look
So what did you do with the other 12?

Roxkis_ii

I used a stock tracking app.

Hotstock is what I used if you have an android phone.

I found out Walmart + did a drop and I got mines in February after a week and a half of searching. I hope its easier for you now. Good luck.

Last edited:

Foilz

Banned
So what did you do with the other 12?
The plan was to resell them for profit but they ended up being sold at Cost to family and coworkers (all but 3, 1 was for me the other 2 we're trades for a switch plus 2 boxes of Pokemon cards for my nephew and the other was for a Nvidia 3060ti).
Ps5's are super easy to get as long as you follow the right people on Twitter. The digital that's being delivered tomorrow I was gonna keep for myself since I ended up selling my other disc version to buy a second series X (,my wife took mine over as hers) but now I'm gonna resell it or trade it for 3080ti or a amd 5800x3d

Last edited:
Top Bottom