• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So I got cockblocked...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl2282

Well the short story, I was out at a party and this really cute girl walks up to me and says "hey i think your the cutest guy in here" of course i was drunk and first thing on my mind was "You lose a bet or something?" Needless to say i was kicking myself in the morning, and in fact have cock-blocked myself

a true player never gets cockblocked!

What I would have done in that situation if I where you.

dont know the bakground between you and this girl but if you just met her this day for the first time then I would have said something like this:

I would have said in a charming and sexy way to her friend,

" lissen girl I will take her home "

at this stage I would look at the girl I want to drive home and give her this sexy look, lick my lips and take her hand in mine and look in to her eyes and tell her that this will be a good way for us to get to know eachother a bit more and I would really like that baby.

thats how you do it man!

Peace!

oh for you virgins who wants to know WHY A WOMAN COCKBLOCKS, well its simple, they do not want her friend to get a guy as then she will be all alone and single, and it can also be because she is jelouse and she wants the guy herself so she tries her best to not let her friend get the guy.

trust me some women are bastards behind their friends back!

robertsan21 said:

dont know the bakground between you and this girl but if you just met her this day for the first time then I would have said something like this:

at this stage I would look at the girl I want to drive home and give her this sexy look, lick my lips and take her hand in mine and look in to her eyes and tell her that this will be a good way for us to get to know eachother a bit more and I would really like that baby.

thats how you do it man!

Peace!

Holy Shit!!! It's T-Bag from Prison Break!!! :lol

6194mi.jpg

Would you ask her to hold your pocket too???

bigfurb

So let me get this straight, you took a girl out on a "fun-filled" day of flying kites in the middle of the winter and you brought another girl along with you? I question your ability to close the deal even without the cockblockage

djkimothy

bigfurb said:
So let me get this straight, you took a girl out on a "fun-filled" day of flying kites in the middle of the winter and you brought another girl along with you? I question your ability to close the deal even without the cockblockage

No, this friend of mine wanted to know if I wanted to go kite flying, I said yes for some reason, she must have caught me when I was busy working cause I didn't think this through. Then I invited this other girl cause, why not? I mean ****, why would I go kite flying with girl1 in the middle of winter?

Anyways, that's the last time....

bigfurb

why would I go kite flying with girl1 in the middle of winter?

Why would you go kite flying with anyone in the middle of the winter? There ain't a movie showing or anything? What do your peoples do for a real good time, go cowtipping? And as questionable as that decision was, it pales in comparison to the decision to bring along a girl you're actually interested in and are trying to get with. I doubt that was her idea of a good time (unless she's as lame as your friend). Bad decisions all around my friend.

nitewulf said:
its the worst thing when you get cockblocked by a girl. its like...what the f*ck!!??
happened to me once in a club. i found this cute canadian chick and started dancing, she goes to get a drink and this other girl i know just slides in...and im not interested in this girl.
so the cutie comes back with the drink and sees that her spot is taken, so she walks away.
i was PISSED...it aint like i was gonna get p*ssy from the girl who slid in...she is totally not that type, she just did it to show some "territorial" sh*t, who knows what.
the f*ck.

That's not cockblocking, that's you just not standing your ground, you could have easily moved the girl out the way or at some point during the evening gone back to talking to the chick.

True cockblocking is when a bird is inviting you home with her or going back to your place, and then some friend comes over and starts telling her to not do it (whispering to her, usually because she has a boyfriend or her mate's jealous or some shit, and the cockblocker is trying to divert your attention with something.

That's annoying.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Girls will never love nor understand you as your consoles do. Maybe you should stop "cockblocking" them, eh?

Gio_CoD

Banned
Are the girls friends? There's a decent possibility that the one you were interested in went up to the other and was like, "Hey, please god do me a favor. When we get ready to leave, can you offer me a ride. This guy is creeping me out with his kite flying in the winter fetish, and I don't feel safe driving home with him."

storybook77 said:
Holy Shit!!! It's T-Bag from Prison Break!!! :lol

6194mi.jpg

Would you ask her to hold your pocket too???

:lol
you seriously dont know anything about a woman, they love to be touched like that!

thats actually a good tip for you, make contakt with a woman and dont be afraid of holding her hand while talking to her etc

example, you meet her for the first date, give her a hug when you meet her, gently slide your and to her hand andpull away from the hug and while you are pulling away slide your hand down and grab her hand, both of them works just as well.

look at her eyes and tell her what you have planed for the evening, or just ask her what she wants to do or you know whatever.

you will get a MUCH better connection with her like that then just asking her what she wants to do without holding her hand.

djkimothy

Haleon said:
Are the girls friends? There's a decent possibility that the one you were interested in went up to the other and was like, "Hey, please god do me a favor. When we get ready to leave, can you offer me a ride. This guy is creeping me out with his kite flying in the winter fetish, and I don't feel safe driving home with him."

No, they just know each other from class.

You were flying kites together. Wow.

It's hard to believe be we Canadians have an active life in the winter. Typically you'll see people kite surfing where we were but we don't have the right stuff for that nor was the wind strong enough. It's quite the view. However this night was pretty tame. :/

YakiSOBA

haha.. just call her up and tell her you had "fun" even though the day kinda sucked, and ask her out on a REAL date (just you two) next week or so.

robertsan21 said:
:lol
you seriously dont know anything about a woman, they love to be touched like that!

thats actually a good tip for you, make contakt with a woman and dont be afraid of holding her hand etc

I'm referring more to the whole licking the lips thing which T-Bag does when he's about to be especially evil.

I hold my wife's hand quite often thank you very much! :D

djkimothy

YakiSOBA said:
haha.. just call her up and tell her you had "fun" even though the day kinda sucked, and ask her out on a REAL date (just you two) next week or so.

LOL, I think she's dating someone else. And Thai's fury would be gaining the power of the cosmos by that time. :lol

storybook77 said:
I'm referring more to the whole licking the lips thing which T-Bag does when he's about to be especially evil.

I hold my wife's hand quite often thank you very much! :D

oh well licking lips does not have to be very obvious, you can just do it fast just so she sees it.

congratulations dude, you got a wife.

djkimothy said:
Anyone else has stories of being cockblocked?
Why yes, yes I do...

I know this girl Angie through a mutual friend, and after we started talking at a bar one night, we really hit it off. Whenever she leaves to get more beer, go to the bathroom, etc... her friends all tell me how horny she is for me. So I invite her to my frat's party the next weekend and she jumps at the chance.

Next weekend rolls around, and I'm stuck on beer duty when she gets there. I tell her I'll be about a half hour. Half an hour later, I go back up to my room to get my own beer while talking to her two friends that came with her. They're still all "oh yeah, she's really interested in you", but just as I'm about to go back downstairs to hook up with her, a female friend of mine stops by to give me a birthday present (not sexual) and Angie's two friends take off.

As I'm finally leaving to find Angie, I notice 10-15 guys hanging out in front of my best friend's door, giving crap about the girl he's trying to hook up with. Angie can wait, this I got to get in on. So as we're all singing, yelling, and joking about Matt finally getting laid, I start hearing some details about the chick he's got in there... short... blonde... cute... shoulder length straight hair... came in about a half hour ago with a couple of friends... "WHAT THE ****! MATT ARE YOU BANGING MY DATE!? GODDAMNIT, YOU DON'T EVEN ****ING KNOW HER NAME!" A couple of friends start to pry me away from the door... "I HOPE YOU'RE HAVING FUN IN THERE ANGIE!" I drown my anger in half a fifth of cheap tequilla. To this day, I can't drink that shit.

Next weekend I return the favor by showing up to a party Matt and Angie are at and guilting them into breaking up.

Next day as Matt and I are burying the hatchet over lunch, he tells me that I saved his ass. "What do you mean?" After the commotion, before he hopped back into bed with Angie, she stopped him. "What's my name?" she asked. "Duh, it's Angie." Before my outburst, he would've flunked that test.

I later set him up with the woman he married.

bigfurb

Squirrel Killer said:
Why yes, yes I do...

I know this girl Angie through a mutual friend, and after we started talking at a bar one night, we really hit it off. Whenever she leaves to get more beer, go to the bathroom, etc... her friends all tell me how horny she is for me. So I invite her to my frat's party the next weekend and she jumps at the chance.

Next weekend rolls around, and I'm stuck on beer duty when she gets there. I tell her I'll be about a half hour. Half an hour later, I go back up to my room to get my own beer while talking to her two friends that came with her. They're still all "oh yeah, she's really interested in you", but just as I'm about to go back downstairs to hook up with her, a female friend of mine stops by to give me a birthday present (not sexual) and Angie's two friends take off.

As I'm finally leaving to find Angie, I notice 10-15 guys hanging out in front of my best friend's door, giving crap about the girl he's trying to hook up with. Angie can wait, this I got to get in on. So as we're all singing, yelling, and joking about Matt finally getting laid, I start hearing some details about the chick he's got in there... short... blonde... cute... shoulder length straight hair... came in about a half hour ago with a couple of friends... "WHAT THE ****! MATT ARE YOU BANGING MY DATE!? GODDAMNIT, YOU DON'T EVEN ****ING KNOW HER NAME!" A couple of friends start to pry me away from the door... "I HOPE YOU'RE HAVING FUN IN THERE ANGIE!" I drown my anger in half a fifth of cheap tequilla. To this day, I can't drink that shit.

Next weekend I return the favor by showing up to a party Matt and Angie are at and guilting them into breaking up.

Next day as Matt and I are burying the hatchet over lunch, he tells me that I saved his ass. "What do you mean?" After the commotion, before he hopped back into bed with Angie, she stopped him. "What's my name?" she asked. "Duh, it's Angie." Before my outburst, he would've flunked that test.

:lol :lol :lol That's not cockblocking, that's your boy being quicker to the punch than you are. As the old adage goes "don't hate the player, hate the game"

Thai

Bane was better.
djkimothy said:
No, this friend of mine wanted to know if I wanted to go kite flying, I said yes for some reason, she must have caught me when I was busy working cause I didn't think this through. Then I invited this other girl cause, why not? I mean ****, why would I go kite flying with girl1 in the middle of winter?

Anyways, that's the last time....

A girl that suggests to go kite flying in the dead of winter is kinda cool, imo. Let me meet her! Also, if she invited you and you invited girl2, then I can see how there could sorta be a problem...

Patrick Klepek

furiously molesting tim burton
Squirrel Killer said:
Why yes, yes I do...

You got boned, but not cockblocked, sir.

Cauliflower of Love said:
A kite?

Kite.

A ****ing kite? what

kite?!
frankman3oi6.gif
Hey, now. What wrong with Kite? :D

But why does the kite-flying seem Holden Caufield-ish for some reason? Can't figure it out. Anyway, why aren't you playing hockey in the winter?

marsomega

djkimothy said:
So here I was, flying kites in the middle of winter in a farm field <does fake blow brains out with a gun gesture>. One with a friend and the other with a girl I invited. Honestly, flying kites in this weather is moronic, but I thought it would be a good opportunity to get talking with the other person. And I know it's a bad idea in the first place so let's just ignore that brain cramp for a moment...

The plan was to drive her back home in MY ****ING CAR. But the other girl insisted on taking her home cause she's "on the way". Which she stressed repeatedly. I don't care if I have to drain half my tank to drop her off home, that was the plan. There was an awkward pause between the girl and I before she said that I was going to drive her home. But noooo... The other girl was stubborn.

I was just stunned, I was speechless, I couldn't recover to insist that I would drive her back. What could I say? Who the hell cockblocks you in University? Aren't we mature enough to know this shit?

She better have found out some good info for me of her cause I'm pissed. >.<

Anyone else has stories of being cockblocked?

If she knew about your infatuation with her then she had an agenda. Though to be honest with her "insisting" I think you should have already known. In fact, I'd point you out to be quite the "sissy" for finding some kind of compromise with this perpetrator hence the bolded part of your post.

Example

“We were talking and then I got slapped hard in the face and told no from someone else. Hope when I speak to this person who struck me in the face next time, they tell me how their plan could be of any benefit to me.”

This person got their way because this girl gave in to this person flat out arguing with you. She probably went with her to avoid this confrontation and not make anymore of a scene. Put it simply, this girl is no friend of yours. Save maybe her having a crush on you (If envy or lesbian envy or some type of lesbian affair then in this situation she is a flat out enemy.)

Get a hold of this girl you like, invite her to some coffee and let her know you like her company “alone” and would of liked to drive her home wherever she lived that day. (Such a sweet gesture don't you think?) Pick up coffee at any local café and go for a drive. The bolded part is important because this “cock-blocker” would have to go through some extraneous measures to ruin that. Because then right there it would show you need to take some serious action (threaten her with harassment.)

If you develop this into a relationship, then come back so we can discuss ideas on revenge. In other words, ways to rub it in on what a great boyfriend you are. :)

djkimothy

Whoa, I think this is being blown out of proportion. I just wanted to drive her home. Nothing really but a passing fancy.

It's one of those things where, if something works out fine... If not, then no big deal.

Though, I like the reactions from this thread. :)

bluemax

Banned
Squirrel Killer said:
Why yes, yes I do...

There was your first mistake.

marsomega

djkimothy said:
Whoa, I think this is being blown out of proportion. I just wanted to drive her home. Nothing really but a passing fancy.

It's one of those things where, if something works out fine... If not, then no big deal.

Though, I like the reactions from this thread. :)

You wimp.

marsomega,

I remember reading somewhere that it is easy to come up with solutions to panic-inducing situations from the comfort of your desk, but that it is different when you are in the moment... :lol

Thai

Bane was better.
djkimothy said:
LOL. :lol

I'm actually enjoying being single now.

Besides, Thai would so kick my ass. We should settle it over a game of Cranium.

Naw, I dont really mind. It'd be weird if we all had to hang out together or whatever, but we'd all get over it. Probably.

marsomega

Count Dookkake said:
marsomega,

I remember reading somewhere that it is easy to come up with solutions to panic-inducing situations from the comfort of your desk, but that it is different when you are in the moment... :lol

This is different and I don't think it is even the same category unless he has social anxiety, then I would agree.

Then again no since I am not arguing what he should have done either. I'm suggesting a course of action :)

Papi

Tonight I was cockblocked.

I'm good friends with someone - We'll call her Chick 1. I like her close friend - We'll call her Chick 2.
Tonight, after work, I met up with both of them at a club. They had both been drinking. I think Chick 1 may have figured that I like Chick 2. I think Chick 1 likes me, so tonight she was all over me trying to kiss me and shit. Chick 1 is hot and all but I really wanted to chill with Chick 2 but I couldn't because Chick 1 was cockblocking me. I don't think it was intentional but it could've been.
It was so bloody awkward. I was sitting there enjoying my drink and Chick 1 is all over me... and wishing it was Chick 2 instead of Chick 1... and I'm trying to not pop a boner... and wondering if Chick 2 is jealous or pissed off cause she was just sitting there trying not to look in our direction... and... like... WTF?

And then there's Chick 3, who's completely obsessed with me. It's the wackest story ever and I don't believe it's even happening to me. If all three of them were drunk and in the same room as me, shit would be so damn messy.

Papi said:
And then there's Chick 3, who's completely obsessed with me. It's the wackest story ever and I don't believe it's even happening to me. If all three of them were drunk and in the same room as me, shit would be so damn glorious.

Fixed. :D

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
robertsan21 said:

thats how you do it man!

Peace!

oh for you virgins who wants to know WHY A WOMAN COCKBLOCKS, well its simple, they do not want her friend to get a guy as then she will be all alone and single, and it can also be because she is jelouse and she wants the guy herself so she tries her best to not let her friend get the guy.

trust me some women are bastards behind their friends back!
Somehow I imagine that shit wouldn't fly if you aren't really good looking.

ugly_man.jpg

"Listen gurl I'll take you home. It'll be a nice way for us to get to know
each other better. Now let me touch your booty in that way I know you
ladies like."

I get cockblocked from my own girlfriend by one of my friends every now and then, constantly making everyone stay out so late that everyone's too drunk or tired to do anything when we get back :( make up for it in the morning but still just because he can't get laid doesn't mean we all can't.

the same girlfriend almost got entire relationship cockblocked from me by her uber protective shitty friend. Long story but I won and they hate eachother now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom