• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So I keep getting 'Sign-In Prevented' emails from a connected email..

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is, that this email is using my email as a recovery option(???) and I've gotten multiple emails regarding sign in attempts to this one...

At first I thought it was a bad phising attempt, but I've checked the links and the senders and they're all from yahoo warning me about sign in attempts. I'll just post the message I get-

Hi Talha,

Your account is currently not enabled to sign in from apps, that do not meet modern security standards (ex. Older versions of mail and calendar apps such as Outlook). As a result, we prevented a sign in to your Yahoo account (talhausmani89).

Date and Time: Thu, Feb 9, 2017 5:28 AM GMT

We strongly recommend that you switch to Yahoo's apps such as Yahoo Mail on desktop and mobile and remove your account from all other less secure apps.

If you still want to use an app that uses less secure sign in, go to <Yahoo link goes here> and turn on "Allow apps that use less secure sign in". This is not recommended and may leave your account more vulnerable to compromise. To learn more, please visit our help page: <Yahoo Link goes here>

Yahoo blocked this sign in attempt, but if it looks suspicious to you or it's not from an application that you're using, go to <yahoo Link goes here> and change the password for your account.

You are receiving this notification because *****@yahoo.com is listed as a recovery email for talhausmani89.

Sincerely,
Yahoo

I've went ahead and removed the links just in case, but would anyone know a way to un-pair that email to mine? Searching my mailbox history, the first email I got from this was in...2014, and that was about changing passwords due to recent events.

I'm worried about is if my account can be compromised because someone else linked to it through their email? Would anyone know how to unpair it?

Dr.Acula

Banned
no

I have no idea

I assume they misspelled the recovery option and put mine in :l

Yeah, they just for whatever reason put "BreezyLimbo@yahoo.com" as their email, and you're getting this stuff.

Usually there's an email verification when the link is created but maybe it's a really really old acct. before that practice was implemented.

You are 100% safe.

It could be a phishing scam where the "change your password link" is "yahoo.com" where one of the "o" is a weird character, and you end up going to some scam page that steals your email.

http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2016/11/fake-google-swaps-out-g-to-trick-users/

I would ignore this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom