• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So I watched Jungle Cruise tonight…

ManaByte

Gold Member
Fun movie. Rock/Blunt are great and will watch the sequel.

But the thing the blows my fucking mind is that the first “new” Metallica track in five years comes from a Disney movie.

That‘s not a cover. The four recorded it separately from their homes during COVID after the head of Disney Pictures asked them to do it.

sol_bad

Tis indeed a fun film and well made. And yes, there is surprisingly great chemistry between Blunt and the Rock, the brother was really funny as well.
:)

gradient

Resident Cheap Arse
Awful movie.

It's like the writers watched Pirates of the caribbean and then The Mummy back to back and then tried to hamfistedly combine them. All it showed is that when trying to play the same role The Rock isn't anywhere near as charismatic as Brendan Frasier, and that Disney is creatively bankrupt.

Drizzlehell

Banned
What a strange choice of music for what seems like a Disney family movie. I don't know anything about the film though so maybe it fits in the context or whatever.

Also, if they didn't use Jungle Boogie in the movie then it's a hugely wasted opportunity.

Last edited:

sol_bad

Awful movie.

It's like the writers watched Pirates of the caribbean and then The Mummy back to back and then tried to hamfistedly combine them. All it showed is that when trying to play the same role The Rock isn't anywhere near as charismatic as Brendan Frasier, and that Disney is creatively bankrupt.

Why do people keep saying this phrase? Disney are creatively bankrupt? They have been creatively bankrupt for decades. Hell, they started their business by being creatively bankrupt.
Snow White, Pinocchio, Dumbo, Bambi, Cinderella, Treasure Island, need I go on?

Last edited:

sinnergy

It was mediocre at best , it just barely felt like you didn’t throw away your precious time ..

emily blunt is hot tough ..

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Awful movie.

Disney doesn’t hear you and if they could they wouldn’t care

scrooge mcduck 80s GIF

Last edited:

Tuff McNutt

Fun movie. Rock/Blunt are great and will watch the sequel.

But the thing the blows my fucking mind is that the first “new” Metallica track in five years comes from a Disney movie.

That‘s not a cover. The four recorded it separately from their homes during COVID after the head of Disney Pictures asked them to do it.

Thanks for the link. That's a lot better than a lot of the awful cover/collaborations of the song from the Black album anniversary box set.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I liked the leads (especially the 'now not gay?' brother, whatever they did to his character probably was for the best) but the whole plot was beyond dumb. The villains were bottom barrel trash even if not-Matt Damon's brother was having fun. The other guys were just dumb versions of Davey Jones' crew.

But the whole look of the film, so much CGI, was offputting. We watched Jumanji after it and the stark difference in cinematography was astounding. I'm not sure anyone in Jungle Cruise even got wet, I think it was entirely greenscreen start to finish. And are we STILL writing "But, but, but, I'm a GIRL!!!" scripts? JFC.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I thought the movie was a fun adventure, but it wasn't a great movie. It was basically a Pirates of the Caribbean by a different name.

Last edited:

Bogeyman

Banned
it wasn’t good but I’m a sucker for adventure films so I watched the entire thing

This. Awful movie. And who in their right mind gave Jack Whitehall an acting role?!

But still, there's such a shortage of adventure movies i ended up watching it too.

Also, I'm probably the outlier here, but damn.. the rock isn't very likeable in movies. I mean, the movies he plays in are usually OK enough. But somehow he as a person/actor never comes across particularly charismatic.

Rival

Gold Member
It wasn’t great but I enjoyed it and will watch the sequel. I like the kid from Friday Night Lights in it. He’s a good actor.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I liked it. When the really weird shit started happening I was surprised, but it's all done in a sort of jaunty Disney ride kind of way that I ended up really liking it.

Top Bottom