• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So I watched Resident Evil Apocalypse...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teddman

It wasn't THAT bad. I thought it an enjoyable rental. Definitely an improvement on the first movie.

Of course, RE4 is better than them both.

I haven't seen either film, nor do I plan to do so, so could someone give me a spoilerific summary of the two films and how they attempt to tie into the games, that is, if they do?

It was easily a 5 or 6 out of 10.

About on the same level as the first. Has a few genuine moments but succumbs to far too much goofy flash and a ridiculous fighting sequence climax topped off by 2 endings that pretty well repeat each other.

snaildog

Anyone know a good site that gives spoilerific plot summaries of a lot of movies? When I search all I find is the vague sort that's to be read before you actually see a movie.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
VistraNorrez said:
It was not an improvement of the first one. The first atleast had some logic and point behind it's action sequences.

i feel the same way. i thought the first movie was a fun popcorn flick.. the second one was very meh.

The Faceless Master said:
OMG WTF?

Milla naked = -137 at least

that chick needs to keep her damn clothes on!

Ditto on that if you like that boneyard you might as well sit next to MJ in court becasue you both have an unhealthy fixation for young prepubecent boys. You need help. Think about it Denzel boned her and then figured it would be better to go back to jail.

peedi

Banned
Teddman said:
It wasn't THAT bad. I thought it an enjoyable rental. Definitely an improvement on the first movie.

Of course, RE4 is better than them both.

I thought it was MUCH worse than the first. I actually liked the first. The sequel, however, decided that non-stop violence would make up for the shoddy narrative.

Not.

Teddman

peedi said:
I thought it was MUCH worse than the first. I actually liked the first. The sequel, however, decided that non-stop violence would make up for the shoddy narrative.

Not.
They both had shoddy narratives. At least the second made an effort to be continually entertaining, rather than what passed for suspense in the first one.

The first film entirely took place on a tightly enclosed, crummy-looking set. Boring. The second one had multiple locations, action scenes that weren't crammed into a small room, a much bigger cast (more people to get killed), more zombies, Nemesis, Mike Epps saying "muthafucka" a lot, and it also ripped off Escape From New York. Made it better in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom