• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So... I'm playing Mafia: Definitive Edition and I'm impressed so far

Title says it all.
I know the original game came out 20 years ago and the remake in 2020 or something...but I'm loving this shit.

Only played 5 or 6 chapters so far but the environment, the simple mechanics, the plot keeps you interested in what's coming, soundtrack is great, driving around the 30s is also a nice change of pace.

Found it on PlayStation Plus and thought "why not?". Glad I did! This deserved to be bigger...or I was living under a rock in 2020.

Are the other games as good? I remember Mafia 3 having some problems when it came out...are they sorted now?

I may just play all 3 of them tbh.

Wait until you hit some of the shadows while driving and the geometry sticks to your vehicle. It’s a trip.

There are some glaring technical issues present, but the creative angle is great, IMO (played this in March/April this year).

Ozzie666

Original back when it came out was a great experience and so well done. With the exception of the racing level. Great story, some good missions and a game of the time. But the ending payoff and the end credits was something I've never forgotten, the song still rings in my head. Great experience. I can't bring myself to play the remake to ruin the memory in my head.

Top Bottom