• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

so is one able to get a wii instore yet?

without waiting in lines and crap? my brother wants one and i still haven't been able to find them, but maybe i'm not looking hard enough? have you guys seen them on shelves?

Gigglepoo

Patience is a virtue

Tell your brother to pick up that new Phoenix Wright game while he waits. Then he can get Hotel Dusk a week later and Diddy Kong Racing DS right after that. He'll forget all about the Wii.

fallout

yoopoo said:
Nintendo keeps undershipping to create artificial demand, so check back in March.
If that's what Nintendo's doing, then they're just creating artificial frustration. Good to see you've got a source on that, though.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
yoopoo said:
Nintendo keeps undershipping to create artificial demand, so check back in March.

What exactly is "artificial demand?"

Even if it is "created," is it not real? Do you mean artificial shortages?

Jeff-DSA

yoopoo said:

I hope you're being sarcastic. After the holidays there's no reason to maintain any illusion of a shortage.

I was in the Nintendo World Store on Monday and they said that they had just gone through a fairly large shipment that morning. The guy working there said that they get plenty of shipments but that they are just going really fast. I know that local stores around here are going through the same thing as well. People just want the Wii; is that so hard to understand?

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
In Spain there's still long pre-ordered lists in almost every shop, so I don't hope to see systems on selves for some time.

arne

Jeff-DSA said:
I hope you're being sarcastic. After the holidays there's no reason to maintain any illusion of a shortage.

Well, it worked for Micros... oh wait.

j/k

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Hydro_Alexis said:
We seem to have plently at work :lol
post pics. Its a lie without pics. (remember to hold up the day's newspaper)

Rushmore

Effulgence said:
They've been popping up in stores around me during the day since the kids are back in school.

Subtle, but I would have gone with "They've been popping up in stores around me during the day since Winter vacation ended." Stealth trolls are more effective when you have more dots to connect.

Gahiggidy said:
post pics. Its a lie without pics. (remember to hold up the day's newspaper)

:lol Well no need for pictures after i tell you the heart warming price what we sell them for only £295 :lol

SuperPac

I've still not seen any. But when I was in Best Buy about an hour ago the guy at the door told me they had PlayStation 3s and asked if I'd like to buy one.

Mifune

Mehmber
According to iTrackr, Wii availability nationwide is up to a whopping 7%; availability was at 2% yesterday. Maybe they are slowly (very slowly) coming back in stock.

By comparison, the PS3's availability is up around 80%.

Come on, Nintendo. Get those f'ers in stores.

santouras

really? I'm in australia and have never seen one on a shelf. My gaming source said he is selling out as soon as he gets (very small) shipments in.

seriously all joking aside I must get a Wii sometime this week, I really want to play Zelda

I may have won one for free from some crazy online contest sponsored by ubisoft but I rather go out and buy one and not having to wait any longer :(

Lobster

Banned
santouras said:
really? I'm in australia and have never seen one on a shelf. My gaming source said he is selling out as soon as he gets (very small) shipments in.

Really? Im in Sydney N.S.W in the Paramatta regions..and theres heaps. Especially Jb-Hi-hi..and the games are 79 dollars each!

santouras

BlindN-Fan said:
Really? Im in Sydney N.S.W in the Paramatta regions..and theres heaps. Especially Jb-Hi-hi..and the games are 79 dollars each!
interesting. Its pretty much sold out in perth

I feel like a jackass because I was one of theose people who said it would be easy to find one after launch (like the GC)

but I do believe Nintendo is creating an aritficial shortage, if Sony is able to do shippments as they manufacter PS3s as they go along, I dont understand why Nintendo is slowing down manufaturing.

I will go Wii hunitng when Wii Play and Sonic Secret Rings come out in the end February

SickBoy

cjelly said:
He said major.

Warioware is a major release! :) (actually, it really has been my most wanted Wii game since before launch)

As for availability, I stumbled onto an electronics case with about a dozen Wiis in it at a local Wal-Mart. It was just good timing, though, and everyone -- about three people -- in the department (except me) was buying one.

AniHawk

cjelly said:
He said major.

Wii Play is a game + a free controller (or a controller and a $10 game, depending how you look at it). It'll probably be big.

Sonic should be big with the kids though, like how Rayman and SMB:BB were.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
gutter_trash said:
but I do believe Nintendo is creating an aritficial shortage, if Sony is able to do shippments as they manufacter PS3s as they go along, I dont understand why Nintendo is slowing down manufaturing.

Yes, thats it. Nintendo is SLOWING DOWN manufacturing. I wonder how many more ridiculous scenarios people need to come up with.

thefro

Smiles and Cries said:
seriously all joking aside I must get a Wii sometime this week, I really want to play Zelda

I may have won one for free from some crazy online contest sponsored by ubisoft but I rather go out and buy one and not having to wait any longer :(

I broke down and rented the Cube version of Zelda to hold me over. :(

Christopher

I don't believe people go into stores and "count" how many units are avaliable of each console, truly a low point in this gen's "war".

Oh yeah I don't really know I went to Best Buy to get some BD movies, but I had a Wii and PS3 so I didn't bother to "check" on them.

Smiles and Cries said:

just get the GCN version, I actually enjoyed those controls better, plus the camera was better.

Top Bottom