• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So Sony did not give Jahtzee (Zero Punctuation) a review copy of Ratchet & Clank because they don't like his style.

Mr Moose

Nothing is close to as embarrassing as what you and some of your "friends" try to make of it.

Or the people foaming why is he getting free shit I am not getting free shit, I deserve free shit, so as long as I don't get free shit with my 10 viewers on twitch, nobody else does.

Or the laughable who? guys, about a guy who has several Wikipedia entries. Something the who? guys people will never ever get in their whole "why is he getting free shit" life.

Or the guy who says "no he was not the origin of glorious PC master race" and when you present sources for it other people try to derail the whole thing.

That would be embarrasing.
Wait a minute... *pulls off mask* YO, THIS MOTHER FUCKER IS JAHTZEE!

Lupingosei

Banned
Just for ha ha's since this forum has great searching tools.

I did a search for GLORIOUS PC MASTER RACE.... and well, I can set dates as to when. I pulled "before October 2009" out of a hat, and there are a plethora of posts using it. Two years before normies tried giving this dude credit because they never heard of the internet prior to the smart phone generations.
However, there is a tiny problem, just a tiny little thing. His review was uploaded 2008-1-23, so your example is a year after the review.

And even in the Wikipedia article I posted they wrote 2008.

So waiting for the who gives a shit gifs again.

Last edited:
Just for ha ha's since this forum has great searching tools.

I did a search for GLORIOUS PC MASTER RACE.... and well, I can set dates as to when. I pulled "before October 2009" out of a hat, and there are a plethora of posts using it. Two years before normies tried giving this dude credit because they never heard of the internet prior to the smart phone

That was just one post out of HUNDREDS prior to Oct '09. I am sure I can dig some even further back than that 2011 "review." He didn't invent shit.

Youtube Meme GIF

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I see, that is why people are like that.

Youtubers still make people salty and envious.

What in that sarcasm laden pseudo-paragraph led you to believe I was jealous of anything? Furthermore, we're under the veil of anonymity. For all you know about me, I could *be* a youtuber with 6 million subscribers banging H3H3's wife while he makes tourettes faces in the corner and typing out transcripts for my patreon exclusive discord server.

Fuck being jealous of all of that, dude. That's too much work for something I enjoy. They always say never make a career out of something you love. I want my work to never cross the line of passably tolerable.

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
However, there is a tiny problem, just a tiny little thing. His review was uploaded 2008-1-23, so your example is a year after the review.

And even in the Wikipedia article, I posted they wrote 2008.

rhos GIF by Real Housewives of Sydney

Kev Kev

his reviews were the only ones i would watch for a while. i remember them being funny and telling me all the bad things in an equally honest and hilarious way. i dunno i thought he was alright, but i didnt follow him very closely or for very long

rubhen925

Publishers can decide who to give a code or not. Their game their choice. It might feel unfair but that's just the way of life.

But straight up saying that to him is a bit of a shitty move. They could have just said sorry, no codes smh.

Rubik8

So? That guy’s style is to shit on everything, even things he likes. I’m surprised he gets any advanced copies of anything.
Just to be clear, I’ve liked Yahtzee’s content for years. But he’s not a serious game reviewer, and I almost always disagree with him.

Lanrutcon

They'd get more negative publicity not giving him a code than giving him a code and letting him run his schtick.

Nobody treats his content as a serious review...apart from Sony, apparently. Little out of touch there, lads.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

And even in the Wikipedia article I posted they wrote 2008.

So waiting for the who gives a shit gifs again.
White Goodman Reaction GIF

Lupingosei

Banned
Being 'the best internet video game reviewer in the business' is like being 'best child molester in the business'. I mean, everyone likes to win first prize and everything, but most of the time you're just some creep who makes everyone in civilized society uncomfortable.
Like you are doing now?

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
Like you are doing now?
Am I? By suggesting that your autistic obsession with whether or not an internet video game reviewer gets free stuff from Sony and can claim to have invented a catchphrase that 99% of planet earth don't care about is both bizarre and fucking hilarious?

I guess you're right. I'm sorry for being so outrageous. Your behaviour is totally normal and mature, and I feel bad for questioning it.

Xenon

Damn poster went back in time 2 minutes just to own your ass.

Being 'the best internet video game reviewer in the business' is like being 'best child molester in the business'. I mean, everyone likes to win first prize and everything, but most of the time you're just some creep who makes everyone in civilized society uncomfortable.

Or being the best at making the worst analogies.

Xenon

Tell you what. If you're so upset about Sony's cruelty towards Yahtzee, why don't you buy him a copy of the game? That seems fair, considering all of the hours of free entertainment he's provided you.

Personally I never considered him a classical reviewer and I'm surprised he ever got reviewed copies. But if Sony was giving him review copies and stopped because they didn't like how he reviewed a previous game then screw Sony.. But not in the good way like you would like to.

Last edited:

Lupingosei

Banned
Just some little jokes, lad. The difference between us is that I'm doing this because it's amusing, you're actually serious.
Of course, any mature person is coming up with forced sterilization or child molestation, when they are joking around.

It is such a common thing. I am pretty sure everybody uses forced sterilization on a daily basis when they are joking around with their pals.

G Boaty

Banned
Nothing is close to as embarrassing as what you and some of your "friends" try to make of it.

Or the people foaming why is he getting free shit I am not getting free shit, I deserve free shit, so as long as I don't get free shit with my 10 viewers on twitch, nobody else does.

Or the laughable who? guys, about a guy who has several Wikipedia entries. Something the who? guys people will never ever get in their whole "why is he getting free shit" life.

Or the guy who says "no he was not the origin of glorious PC master race" and when you present sources for it other people try to derail the whole thing.

That would be embarrasing.
I’m kind of on your side here. I like Yahtzee, and it sucks for him as someone who has built a career in doing these reviews, having received plenty of codes from Sony in the past, to be suddenly cut off because Sony just decided after years that “actually we don’t like how you do things”.

I 100% why he’s annoyed, but this really isn’t a big deal. You’re taking it way too seriously and by devolving into nonsense gif wars you’re just giving folks ammo against you.

Again, as a fan of Yahtzee, He’ll be fine, this isn’t gonna ruin him. I understand that you’re passionate about this but you’re not representing yourself very well. I’m even rolling my eyes at some of your posts.

Take a break, evaluate if this is actually worth arguing here (spoiler it probably isn’t, there are some arguments you just can’t win) and just maybe let it go. Yahtzee himself wouldn’t get this bothered by it.

feel free to DM me if you want or vent or whatever.

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Of course, any mature person is coming up with forced sterilization or child molestation, when they are joking around.

It is such a common thing. I am pretty sure everybody uses forced sterilization on a daily basis when they are joking around with their pals.

Yeah....don't they? ....don't they?!

Edit: Who the fuck is Jahtzee?

Last edited:

Mr Moose

Guess we know how they get bragging right for all those metacritic scores.
121 reviews, all paid off by Sony.
All it took was to give away games for free.

Lupingosei

Banned
I’m kind of on your side here. I like Yahtzee, and it sucks for him as someone who has built a career in doing these reviews, having received plenty of codes from Sony in the past, to be suddenly cut off because Sony just decided after years that “actually we don’t like how you do things”.

I 100% why he’s annoyed, but this really isn’t a big deal. You’re taking it way too seriously and by devolving into nonsense gif wars you’re just giving folks ammo against you.

Again, as a fan of Yahtzee, He’ll be fine, this isn’t gonna ruin him. I understand that you’re passionate about this but you’re not representing yourself very well. I’m even rolling my eyes at some of your posts.

Take a break, evaluate if this is actually worth arguing here (spoiler it probably isn’t, there are some arguments you just can’t win) and just maybe let it go. Yahtzee himself wouldn’t get this bothered by it.

feel free to DM me if you want or vent or whatever.

I don't mind that much. If I post I can not control how it goes and I live with it.

Yes, I got a little annoyed by the lack of gaming knowledge of some people and they even wear their ignorance as some kind of badge of honor.

Sony became such a shit company in the last few years. Their approach to gaming, indies, censorship, and now their lack of self-awareness. And yes I am happy that I did not buy a PS5, because all of this is just too much.

If this is seen as a Sony bashing thread I probably can not help it. For me, it is just another clear sign of how much Sony has moved away from the company they used to be.

But whatever it does not really matter anyway.

How far up their own ass are Sony nowadays. Holy shit.

Censoring Japanese games, not giving reviewers copies, because they don't like their style?

I am very happy, that I did not buy a PS5.
So? Buy the game. Imagine a job where your supplies, raw material or whatever you wanna call it are giving to you for free. These people don't even work much and they want things for free? Fuck off.

Lupingosei

Banned
Buy your own damn copy if you are just going to turn around and profit from it, regardless of it being positive or negative.
It used to be, those gaming companies were also profiting from people like Yahtzee or Angry Joe, because of their coverage. That is why they gave them the copies in the first place.

I guess this is not the case anymore somehow.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I don't mind that much. If I post I can not control how it goes and I live with it.

Yes, I got a little annoyed by the lack of gaming knowledge of some people and they even wear their ignorance as some kind of badge of honor.

Sony became such a shit company in the last few years. Their approach to gaming, indies, censorship, and now their lack of self-awareness. And yes I am happy that I did not buy a PS5, because all of this is just too much.

If this is seen as a Sony bashing thread I probably can not help it. For me, it is just another clear sign of how much Sony has moved away from the company they used to be.

But whatever it does not really matter anyway.

I think everyone who hasn't drive by shit posted here (I like to park to do it) hasn't been ignorant of gaming, dude. It's just...dude is past his prime as an internet personality, his gimmick is tired, and most importantly, he's *not* a reviewer. If people based their purchases around exclusively his "opinion," (in quotes, because it's clearly a character he's putting on) then that person wouldn't game. Because he parodies and slams every component in every genre.

That's like being upset that the gun shop won't give you free guns when you buy them specifically to shoot gun shop owners.

Last edited:

laynelane

121 reviews, all paid off by Sony.
All it took was to give away games for free.

And to think all it took was not giving out one review code to blow the lid off of Sony's entire scheme.

tpLvz3h.jpg

Lupingosei

Banned
That's like being upset that the gun shop won't give you free guns when you buy them specifically to shoot gun shop owners.
As if people did not buy the games he made fun of. Actually, they probably did buy the games, because he made fun of them.

As if this was a one-way street. Somebody at Sony probably got butthurt, especially after the Last of Us 2 review and now they don't like his style anymore.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
As if people did not buy the games he made fun of. Actually, they probably did buy the games, because he made fun of them.

As if this was a one-way street. Somebody at Sony probably got butthurt, especially after the Last of Us 2 review and now they don't like his style anymore.

I mean, I think if Sony got butthurt over TLOU2 reviews, the only people still getting review copies would be Alanah Pierce and IGN.

Top Bottom