• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So Target shipped someone an Xbox One already? [Update: console-banned until launch]

rjinaz

Hmm, if it's dev\press why would ki be so much higher for being free

Hmm maybe because KI is free to download right now, whereas you have to have the game disc/download code to have access to the other games which would mean more people would simply have access to KI compared to the other games over all.

Timu

11463e1b6ea51174213fa23577bef96e.png
There's like 1 ad in this pic.=O

Justin

The concept of these limited-time achievements is fine, but the application we are seeing here is kinda gross.

Those Madden ones are clearly there just to give achievements for buying the game at full price.

Are you suggesting that EA is doing something half-assed?

Cartman86

Banned
In response to if the Xbox One plays Xbox 360 games he said this

@ColtDoxt Arcade I believe, haven't seen anything just yet, but xbox 360 games no.

It's fascinating how confused the average public is. Even people who play a lot of games. Public confusion knows no bounds.

Doffen

So far i've seen that one State Farm ad in two places. The store areas for purchasing Movies and TV, and the App download area. I could live with that. Not being on the home screen or in your personal library is key to me.

Hopefully Microsoft will move ads from the UI to the free downloadable MS apps.

The concept of these limited-time achievements is fine, but the application we are seeing here is kinda gross.

Those Madden ones are clearly there just to give achievements for buying the game at full price.

I suppose that would be the idea, encourage those first week sales.
Can also work another way in maybe rejuvenating an online community that has dwindled or new DLC tied to challenges.

FroJay

Banned
Generally I don't like the w8 tiling UI but the Challenges and Top Games are great ideas from MS

Agreed. MS seems to know how to hook people in with these types of things. Sony has much to learn in that department, trophies are still boring to me. The question becomes will this build hype for the X1 or not?

I still believe its alarming that MS or a big company has a "kill switch" ready to engage at anyone they deem "illegitimate" for whatever reason at a press of a button.

Its not like he is hacking or playing a pirated copy. He has a retail copy that he bought. He played it early, woop dee do. Whats the issue again?

I hope this particular person DOESNT get his xbone console banned. Thats fucking $500 brick. Not even a temp ban should be placed on his account. All I would advice is to not stream gameplay on YT if he cares for that account as it can get flagged by Acti/IW. But this is MS we talking about.
Here's the picture that comes into focus the more you read those updates about the Halo 4 guy: the guy works at K-Mart or something or has a friend who does. One or the other stole it from stock. He doesn't have a real receipt. At best, he or his connection rung it up and bought it covertly, against company policy. Showing where it came from to MS, who obviously know his real name, is going to get someone fired.

SRTtoZ

Generally I don't like the w8 tiling UI but the Challenges and Top Games are great ideas from MS

Great ideas that no one knew about and wouldn't know about if this system didn't leak until today. Talk about fucked up messaging. This is the shit they need to show, I like those ideas.

I kept telling myself I wasn't going to get suckered into launch day hysteria, and even that I didn't really have interest in this thing.

But I really want Killer Instinct bad. :(

Someone give me five hundred dollars.

Great ideas that no one knew about and wouldn't know about if this system didn't leak until today. Talk about fucked up messaging. This is the shit they need to show, I like those ideas.

Totally agree, especially after MS trailered a 12 min guide video which hasn't shown 2 pretty interesting features or even talked about them in depth.

Yondy604

Banned
#1 Source 4 XBOX ONE ‏@Moonlightswami 6m

Front my tests Xbox 360 Controllers, headsets and disk games DO NOT WORK with Xbox One.

#1 Source 4 XBOX ONE ‏@Moonlightswami 4m

Console comes with a wired headset. No release date atm on any new headsets, most likely not available till 2014: Wireless, Turtle Beach etc

sith ewok

I'm sorry, but that UI is just freaking gorgeous.

Looking forward to seeing PS4's in action as well, but so far, X1's is looking pretty hard to beat.

These are optional activities that don't add to Gamerscore. Feel free to care or not care. There's nothing gross about any of it.

Apollo

Banned
So it's game reviewer sites that are trying to scare him from making a video? They want them hits first. Dude should just stream or make a video already instead of falling for ppls BS. Hell he will get crazy amount of views on youtube.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
There's nothing better than someone getting their hands on something early, unbounded by NDAs. Godspeed man.

wizzbang

Banned
I love how happy this dude is, he's giddy as hell.
There's hope yet for the Xbox, I was worried this thing is going to sell like crap. :(

#1 Source 4 XBOX ONE ‏@Moonlightswami 6m

Front my tests Xbox 360 Controllers, headsets and disk games DO NOT WORK with Xbox One.

#1 Source 4 XBOX ONE ‏@Moonlightswami 4m

Console comes with a wired headset. No release date atm on any new headsets, most likely not available till 2014: Wireless, Turtle Beach etc

The guy has an Xbox One already and yet most of us know more about what it does/doesn't do than he does? Why is he testing Xbox 360 controllers on it? We knew that already. And game discs? We know it's not BC.

BladeSinner

Neo Member
exactly how i feel.

Either that or MSFT are just trying to figure out if this error by Target works in their favor, or if they want to try and control the message a bit more and shut this guy down (by throwing money at him to give them the X1 back)...

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I kept telling myself I wasn't going to get suckered into launch day hysteria, and even that I didn't really have interest in this thing.

But I really want Killer Instinct bad. :(

Someone give me five hundred dollars.

Just get a loan dude. Financial responsibility is for suckers.

Top Bottom