• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So..... tried to create a Black guy in Xenoblade Chronicles X....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man... only one negro? and the only good hair design was Asap Rocky braids... =/ they couldn't atleast give me a flattop? It's already bad enough that I have to accept that SSJ3 Goku brow.

12307424_462647223937629_1524735914545776999_o.jpg

Kirye

wait, the characters are pre-made and u just choose them? u cant make a character and then edit their skin colour?

You can but I assume it doesn't go too far into black skin territory. Didn't check though.

Also this thread is gonna go places.

Warxard

Banned
It's nice to know where the melanin levels are in certain posters when they ignore the rest of the thread for one word.

Xenoblade X's char creation in hair and clothing styles sucks. A real blemish on a fantastic game.

the face options are all disappointing but you have the option of changing the skin color on each of them.

Making them black is not a problem. The problem is lack of ethnic hairstyles and features. Yes I know its a japanese game.. All games do it tho. Cept 2K lol

shit Monster Hunter does it

Cipherr

Yeah these games crack me up with that. Letting me set my skin to a dark tone, but I still have to have the completely straight anime goku hair.
KuGsj.gif

Jokes.

Heroman

Banned
Rule 1 in making a black character, never tried to make black characters in Japanese games, they always look werid.

Spinluck

Japanese character creations are absolute brutal towards anyone not white or lighter skinned.

Black people get the worst of it, it's like they refuse to take the time to get our looks down.

lmao man, negro/black/etc. I can't even say my own ethnicity now? lol

Nope. Dead serious. If you can help me out lemme know.

I'm half black and rican myself. Didn't immediately take it in a negative connotation. Never knew it was so offensive, then again, I usually just say "black".

Is part of the problem how stylized it is? The desire for racially diverse facial features is stumped by a game that doesn't have realistic faces.

Hair issues are real tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom