• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, was "No-Refresh Threads" what slowed GAF down last week? Because...

CamHostage

...it's pretty awesome work!

I've not seen NeoGAF inject content automatically into threads as your reading it, maybe that's a special feature GAF has during live events and I just hadn't seen it before? But either new or just uncommonly used, kudos on that the work that went into building that feature. Also, I just got a Push Notification Pop-Up on the bottom of my browser... that's new too, eh?

(*I'm just guessing that the slowdown for a short while last week was connected to a deploy or test; it could also just have been a random fartbubble in the internet working against the site for a second. Wasn't a big deal, but when I saw that feature, I thought, "Ah, maybe it came to a crawl so that it could run even faster...")

It’s a feature of gaf gold

Ah, got it.

Kudos all the same then. Cool feature, a nice perk worth upgrading for to keep up during big events.

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
...it's pretty awesome work!

I've not seen NeoGAF inject content automatically into threads as your reading it, maybe that's a special feature GAF has during live events and I just hadn't seen it before? But either new or just uncommonly used, kudos on that the work that went into building that feature. Also, I just got a Push Notification Pop-Up on the bottom of my browser... that's new too, eh?

(*I'm just guessing that the slowdown for a short while last week was connected to a deploy or test; it could also just have been a random fartbubble in the internet working against the site for a second. Wasn't a big deal, but when I saw that feature, I thought, "Ah, maybe it came to a crawl so that it could run even faster...")
It’s a feature of gaf gold

Top Bottom