• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So what are the cool, crazy or unique VR ideas you'd like to see?

• Thread starter Deleted member 10571
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I was just thinking about this, and had the idea of a VR board game collection. It would feature multiple classic and modern board games, and would be entirely social focused. Online, a fun and super-customizable but not "realistic" avatar system (similar to Nintendo's Miis I guess), various chat, emote and communication options and, of course, dice rolling via move controller.

Also I want it to have various Pen&Paper branded RPG DLCs.

Fuck now I want a Pen&Paper RPG sim like this.

Ran rp

super monkey ball vr lol

tumblr_nd8usp66hC1r7gvs2o1_250.gif

Bookoo

I just want a tabletop simulator with VR

I believe they are adding VR support to Tabletop Simulator.

Another thing that seemed really cool is Ubisoft Werewolf Within, which is basically just the party game Werewolf. I could see that being used for the all the bluff party games.

But for my idea was that I just recently moved over to the in the accounting dept at my company and thought education games that teach accounting (or really any subject) would be so cool. Come to find out....someone is planning to make VR Accounting, but I think it's more of a VR desktop for accountants.

A turret and Flight simulator similar to X-Wing Alliance. My dreams, make them come true. (This is also partly why I'm excited for Star Fox Zero ).

I think something like a multiplayer dungeon crawler where one player uses a device like a Wii U gamepad or a tablet could be really cool. The player using that device gets to design the dungeon and can use various themed templates, maybe some light scripting or such for AI, and then the other players can experience it in VR and play through the dungeon the player designed.

Anno

If someone can master a golf game somehow. Something better than a crap indoor simulator that I can play over the winter to keep the swing in shape.

Krejlooc

Banned
I was just thinking about this, and had the idea of a VR board game collection. It would feature multiple classic and modern board games, and would be entirely social focused. Online, a fun and super-customizable but not "realistic" avatar system (similar to Nintendo's Miis I guess), various chat, emote and communication options and, of course, dice rolling via move controller.

Also I want it to have various Pen&Paper branded RPG DLCs.

Fuck now I want a Pen&Paper RPG sim like this.

This exists. AltSpace has the wizards of the coast license. Their app is specifically set up for VR Dungeons & Dragons.

http://www.roadtovr.com/altspacevr-brings-official-dungeons-dragons-to-social-vr/

It's everything you just described.

jdstorm

Banned
VR LazerTag. /paintball. I'm more interested in the real world application of VR. IE putting on a suit and a warehouse full of foam props turns into a warship, or a COD map or a quiet village that is about to be over run by zombies

kyser73

A mechanism in 3rd person open world games where the player standing up increases the viewing/draw distance.

I also reckon stepped perspectives would work to solve the locomotion issue - first person for town/interior stuff, third person for travelling.

myca77

Just do Wipeout HD, they could leave it exactly as it is (keeping it 1080p 90fps of course) and I'd buy it again at any (within reason) price.

shaowebb

• Mirrors Edge style 1st person parkour over the rooftops of a city
  • Spiderman swinging, obstacle dodging, action title.
  • Build a landscape with wildlife, and trees and waterfalls, etc out of any room you view and then manage the life that spawns there Sim City style. In other words, A Kingdom for Keflings with heavy landscaping abilities so folks can wave there arms and see mountains grow and volcanoes erupt as an angry god or whatever
  • Virtual ON in first person except you throw your shots at the one another DBZ style.
  • GIant Mech or Giant Monster battle with the room you scanned covered in a city scape about ankle high. Godzilla, Gundam, Ultraman, Power Rangers...whatever. It works. Suppose you could always do the classic title Rampage like that in VR. Then you could throw bodies around and swat at the army for funsies.

I've said similar before:

Kinect + Hololens + Xbox live + hand controllers. Shared games with avatars taking your IK, force, appendages, movement, voice and controller inputs in real time regional multiplayer.

It seems like a total package tech to me. Cool for gaming, calls, roleplay, simulations, training, education etc.

I'd go a GTA style world.

comedian

Rock climbing or boxing in VR would be really cool.

I struggle to see how boxing would work. Unless you can add some kind of cheap "toy"(pic below) that would swing with your opposition to get that sensation of getting hit, it'll just be wild swinging.

423698150_347.jpg

KaiserBecks

I'd love to play "Red Alert" / "Command & Conquer" in VR. I know it doesn't sound that fancy but I think just looking down at a battlefield, watching your units etc could be really cool.

Introvese

Banned
MLB the Show (Road to the Show) is better suited than any other sports game.

But VR goalie & QB will be dope as hell too

And I know 2k could make VR work with 2k

So pretty much I want sports to used this

Mr.Fox

Since I`ll probably never use recreative hallucinogenic drugs in my life (or whatever drugs really, I don`t even drink alcohol), maybe VR could give me a glimpse? I'm a bit curious, just not curious enough to actually try those things.

I would like to travel the world, flying, like superman/Goku. In fact, the most appealing thing about VR for me is the possibility of visiting all kinds of places.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
realtime 360 webcams in various locations. So you can just go and stand somewhere else in the world and look around at what is happening right at that moment.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Came to post this. Would be incredible!

Yeah but we'll have to wait for NintendoVR. On Playstation it'll probably get a harpoon, a crappy storyline and underwater towers to climb to access new map icons.

>_>

Digby

Neo Member
A turret and Flight simulator similar to X-Wing Alliance. My dreams, make them come true. (This is also partly why I'm excited for Star Fox Zero ).

A Star Wars flight sim in some form is almost a sure thing at this point. VR works great with cockpit style games + desire for everything Star Wars right now means you won't wait long. That new battlefront VR thing perhaps?

paulogy

In-depth detective games where you have to scour every inch of a scene and pick out subtle nuances. In some cases timed, before a character returns to the scene, or in others they are in the scene already and you have to be as inconspicuous as possible.

So essentially Clue VR, but in much more detail.

Tregard

Soothsayer
I think a game that is for magic what Rock Band is to playing an instrument would work incredibly well in VR with motion controllers. Selecting various props, using particular mannerisms to misdirect your audience, constantly looking into the crowd to work the room.

Outrun

I want a VR game, where you could strap on a virtual VR set and have your avatar explore VR. This would be a subset of a larger game.

Matthew23

I'm mostly interested in seeing what can be done with the locomotion issue. How can we solve a limited play space whilst allowing the player to travel larger walking distances in the virtual world

Follow NASCAR's example, lots of left turns.

I want to see a survival/exploration game that starts you off on a raft floating in the ocean somewhere. Like Cast Away (Tom Hanks movie).

YaBish

A VR urban exploration game, exploring abandoned buildings, being able to climb them, puzzle solving to get to places you shouldn't be... Occasionally having to defend yourself against methheads squatting in the buildings (just joking).
I think this would be a fun way to explore in VR, similarly to The Climb but with an urban setting and greater variation.

dumbo

In-depth detective games where you have to scour every inch of a scene and pick out subtle nuances. In some cases timed, before a character returns to the scene, or in others they are in the scene already and you have to be as inconspicuous as possible.

Not sure on the precise mechanics, but it's certainly genre where room-scale could be good.

But, for seated, an obvious option is to be rather "literal".
- Picard/Kirk sitting in the captains chair on the bridge of the Enterprise.
- Commader Adama on the bridge of the BSG (in a chair, because [reasons]).
etc.

Planet

Roller coaster tycoon with VR ride mode, enjoying your own creations and every cool real world roller coaster. Also add in other theme park attractions just for the fun of it. If necessary, sell it in a bundle alongside a bucket. I'd still want it, enjoying every crazy ride between throw-up breaks.

Secondly, I'm in on the social table top games. Board game makers could utilize a framework of that to publish all their classic and new games real and virtual as DLC. Maybe bundle these?

Top Bottom