• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So What Software Will Switch Have Until Holiday 2024??

If the leaks and rumors are true, and Switch 2 won’t release until Holiday 2024, what games will Nintendo release on the original Switch until then? Or will it be barren?

We have Luigi’s Mansion 2 and the Princess Peach game announced so far.

There have been rumors for a long time about F Zero , Metroid Prime 2 & 3, Wind Waker HD , Twilight Princess HD, and Paper Mario 1000 Year Door. (Which seems more plausible now)

That can’t be it though, can it? Then again Nintendo will be busy working on Switch 2 games. What do you guys think? Any other games we can realistically get on Switch before Switch 2 releases?

I think ports and remakes will be fair game and most likely. My wishlist would be:
Ocarina Of Time & Majoras Mask 3DS HD
Kid Icarus Uprising HD

daclynk

Lets wait till Nintendo announce stuff before we think i wont have games next year.Same as people thought Zelda was the only game they would release this year. But here we are now, with them having more games released this year than the competition.

Last edited:
We have Luigi’s Mansion 2 and the Princess Peach game announced so far.

There have been rumors for a long time about F Zero , Metroid Prime 2 & 3, Wind Waker HD , Twilight Princess HD, and Paper Mario 1000 Year Door. (Which seems more plausible now)
Wow, pretty awesome lineup. Especially since it only need to last 2/3rds of next year. And you don't even count this holiday with two Mario games coming.

That can’t be it though, can it?
Wat?

Jinzo Prime

Wow, pretty awesome lineup. Especially since it only need to last 2/3rds of next year. And you don't even count this holiday with two Mario games coming.

Wat?
100% agree. Here's an easy list of games they can pad out 2024 with:

• Paper Mario TTYD Remake
  • Untitled Peach game
  • Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons Remake
  • Detective Pikachu 2
  • Warriors game
  • Splatoon 3 DLC
  • Indies and third party titles

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
I can’t wait for this damn thing to release to stop seeing rumor and leak threads about it…it’s literally been almost 3 years of the heavy “my Uncle works at Nintendo and I know for sure” leak/rumors. I swear it’s like everyone just guesses and calls it a leak, and that it’s going to release in a certain quarter soon, knowing at some point in the future, it will indeed happen. Then whatever dumb outlet that’s guessing can say “I told you so” and try to garner BS clicks. The whole thing is tired at this point. And it’s not even just Nintendo, it’s happening with the PS5 slim and pro the last year or so too. It’s fucking sad really if I’m being honest.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
I really don't think Nintendo needs to do much more beyond the games we know about, which are Luigi Mansion 2 and Princess Peach. They'll keep selling late 2023 releases and TOTK. They'll offer some TOTK DLC for sure. I *really* doubt they are going to release 10 different remakes of games that overlap with stuff they already have out or with each other. Sorry guys, they're not releasing six Zelda remakes in 8 months, lol, or two Paper Mario remakes immediately after the SMRPG remake, etc.

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
I can’t wait for this damn thing to release to stop seeing rumor and leak threads about it…it’s literally been almost 3 years of the heavy “my Uncle works at Nintendo and I know for sure” leak/rumors. I swear it’s like everyone just guesses and calls it a leak, and that it’s going to release in a certain quarter soon, knowing at some point in the future, it will indeed happen. Then whatever dumb outlet that’s guessing can say “I told you so” and try to garner BS clicks. The whole thing is tired at this point. And it’s not even just Nintendo, it’s happening with the PS5 slim and pro the last year or so too. It’s fucking sad really if I’m being honest.
Maybe for once videogame companies should be less secretive about their new projects and just unveil a timeline of all the hardware they will release at the start of the gen so that they can shut down all these dumbass rumors. Maybe Nintendo should just let their fans know what the hell they're making.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Probably sequels and rehashes. They will always have reasonable quality but if another Switch MAY BE coming, I can't see nothing but the same stuff like Mario Kart. Mario, Splatoon, RPG, Pikmin, etc.

I doubt they'll release any big titles or sequels when they can save them for a new platform. Need to entice hardcore gamers with something when you release a new device. The Switch will likely still be supported for a while like the 3DS was, with cross-gen games and other smaller titles and ports.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Maybe for once videogame companies should be less secretive about their new projects and just unveil a timeline of all the hardware they will release at the start of the gen so that they can shut down all these dumbass rumors. Maybe Nintendo should just let their fans know what the hell they're making.
But I think it’s because things change in development. Component changes, the market changes, etc. plus the idea that they are a business.

As an example. Say I’m thinking about buying a Switch OLED, but I already know the next gen Switch is releasing in a year and a half. Why would I waste my money, if I can just buy the next gen version in the next year and a half or so?

Keeping new hardware close to the chest is a business decision for companies, and it’s necessary to stay relevant and profitable…plus I think, they don’t want their competitors know what they are up to.

Last edited:
TOTK was the last big title.

Makes sense for them at this point to hold stuff back for Switch 2.

The Switch is winding down now. There are still some interesting games to come but we aren't getting another major Zelda, Mario, or probably even Pokémon.

KXVXII9X

Level 5 games alone will be a perfect closeout of the console personally with DecaPolice, Professor Layton World of Steam, and Fantasy Life 2.

There are also a collection of strong Indie and AA titles. For those who care, there is a new Dragon Quest Monster's game, Sea of Stars, Bomb Rush Cyberfunk, FaeFarm, Disgaea 7, The Plucky Squire, Hollow Knight Silksong, Mina the Hollower, Suikoden Remake and Eiyuden Chronicles, and so much more.

There are also more mainstream stuff like Super Mario RPG Remake, Super Mario Wonder, A new Princess peach Game, Metroid 4, WarioWare, Detective Pickachu Returns, Sonic Superstars, and upcoming Pokémon news. I know there is a lot of Mario and Pokémon hasn't really been exciting.

Nintendo usually announced games closer to release, so they usually have surprises. But the Switch is winding down and it has had a really strong year so far.

Dr.brain64

70$ ports.

actor-pedro-pascal-funny-crying-meme-9e58jk8p6hv2nbct.webp

Last edited:
Level 5 games alone will be a perfect closeout of the console personally with DecaPolice, Professor Layton World of Steam, and Fantasy Life 2.

There are also a collection of strong Indie and AA titles. For those who care, there is a new Dragon Quest Monster's game, Sea of Stars, Bomb Rush Cyberfunk, FaeFarm, Disgaea 7, The Plucky Squire, Hollow Knight Silksong, Mina the Hollower, Suikoden Remake and Eiyuden Chronicles, and so much more.

There are also more mainstream stuff like Super Mario RPG Remake, Super Mario Wonder, A new Princess peach Game, Metroid 4, WarioWare, Detective Pickachu Returns, Sonic Superstars, and upcoming Pokémon news. I know there is a lot of Mario and Pokémon hasn't really been exciting.

Nintendo usually announced games closer to release, so they usually have surprises. But the Switch is winding down and it has had a really strong year so far.

Don't forget Yokai Watch 4

Kataploom

Gold Member
Nintendo rarely announce games 1 year or so in advance, they can do from "right after the presentation" to 6 months later max

Kerotan

I mean Nintendo roll out the same shit every other year so I'm gonna guess a Mario and Pokémon game?

Robb

Gold Member
I wouldn’t expect many heavy hitters. Some more remakes sound plausible, maybe something more Pokemon.

I do think Metroid Prime 4 will be a cross-gen game though, so that might be the last big title to hit the Switch.

Last edited:

Mr Branding

If they drop Prime 2&3 and Wind waker I’m all good. My wishlist is still massive. Also hoping Grime gets a Switch release because I want to experience it on the Oled.

Chastten

Banned
When people complain about ports, I always wonder how much time they spend on this hobby. I mean, I'm a big Nintendo-nerd but there are so many games in their history that I've never played (or sometimes never finished) but would love to.

Just a few examples of games that have released or are rumoured that I never played/finished: Metroid Prime (got it on GameCube but never got far as I had too many other games at the time), Pikmin 2 (Never played), Baten Kaitos 2 (Never released in Europe), Super Mario RPG (Never released in Europe) and Kid Icarus Uprising (just never got around to it). I could go on and on, but all of these are new games for me if/when they release on Switch.

If all of that is old news for you, I really feel like you need an extra hobby to keep you occupied. Can't be healthy to play absolutely everything all the time.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
00:14 – The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero for Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet
04:25 – Sonic Superstars
05:37 – Palia
06:36 – Persona 5 Tactica
07:55 – MythForce
08:52 – Splatoon 3 Splatfest July 2023
10:03 – Detective Pikachu Returns
11:47 – Super Mario RPG
14:19 – Princess Peach game for Nintendo Switch
14:55 – Visually enhanced version of Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon for Nintendo Switch
15:36 – Batman: Arkham Trilogy
17:10 – Gloomhaven
18:10 – JUST DANCE 2024 EDITION
19:18 – Silent Hope
20:48 – Fae Farm
21:23 – HOT WHEELS UNLEASHED 2 - TURBOCHARGED
21:57 – Manic Mechanics
22:27 – Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope DLC 2: The Last Spark Hunter
23:04 – DRAGON QUEST MONSTERS: The Dark Prince
24:57 – Pikmin 4
29:44 – METAL GEAR SOLID: MASTER COLLECTION Vol.1
31:11 – Vampire Survivors
32:09 – Headbangers Rhythm Royale
33:06 – Penny's Big Breakaway
34:09 – Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass Wave 5
35:11 – STAR OCEAN THE SECOND STORY R
36:44 – WarioWare: Move it!
40:02 – Super Mario Bros. Wonder

It’s interesting that if the rumors are true & Switch 2 is not OLED but just lcd, Im kind of happy about that because I recently had bought the oled zelda switch so it gives that system a longer lifespan to me, even if Switch 2 is backwards compatible.

Realistically, all I need to get me through all of next year is Wind Waker and/or Ocarina of Time HD release on the Switch. I will replay those games infinitely. Just like I do Super Metroid, Link to the Past, Mario Odyssey, Metroid Dread, and probably Tears of The Kingdom etc.

00:14 – The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero for Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet
04:25 – Sonic Superstars
05:37 – Palia
06:36 – Persona 5 Tactica
07:55 – MythForce
08:52 – Splatoon 3 Splatfest July 2023
10:03 – Detective Pikachu Returns
11:47 – Super Mario RPG
14:19 – Princess Peach game for Nintendo Switch
14:55 – Visually enhanced version of Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon for Nintendo Switch
15:36 – Batman: Arkham Trilogy
17:10 – Gloomhaven
18:10 – JUST DANCE 2024 EDITION
19:18 – Silent Hope
20:48 – Fae Farm
21:23 – HOT WHEELS UNLEASHED 2 - TURBOCHARGED
21:57 – Manic Mechanics
22:27 – Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope DLC 2: The Last Spark Hunter
23:04 – DRAGON QUEST MONSTERS: The Dark Prince
24:57 – Pikmin 4
29:44 – METAL GEAR SOLID: MASTER COLLECTION Vol.1
31:11 – Vampire Survivors
32:09 – Headbangers Rhythm Royale
33:06 – Penny's Big Breakaway
34:09 – Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass Wave 5
35:11 – STAR OCEAN THE SECOND STORY R
36:44 – WarioWare: Move it!
40:02 – Super Mario Bros. Wonder
I was specifically talking about Nintendo releases next year. That why I said “We have Luigi’s Mansion 2 and the Princess Peach game announced so far.” in my original post.

Marvel14

Banned
I’d be quite happy with Wind Waker. I wish they’d just release it.
Not sure they will..think there's a philosophy at Nintendo that keeping some popular games exclusive to one generation discourages consumers from sitting out that generation.

Hope I'm wrong.

Marvel14

Banned
I’d be quite happy with Wind Waker. I wish they’d just release it.
Not sure they will..think there's a philosophy at Nintendo that keeping some popular games exclusive to one generation discourages consumers from sitting out that generation. And it rewards adopters.

Wii U owners will have Wind Waker HD bragging rights.

Hope I'm wrong

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Hopefully a goddamn Yoshi's Wooly World port. I've been waiting for yeeeeaaaaaarrrs. The game is too good to be trapped on the WiiU.

Also hoping that the Metroid Prime 2 remaster is a real thing. And that Wind Waker and Twilight Princess HD get ported.

Ports ports ports ports. It's all old shit that I've bought multiple times before in some cases, and I'll do it again.

Zuzu

Not sure they will..think there's a philosophy at Nintendo that keeping some popular games exclusive to one generation discourages consumers from sitting out that generation. And it rewards adopters.

Wii U owners will have Wind Waker HD bragging rights.

Hope I'm wrong

Hopefully it'll at least be rereleased for Switch 2 🤞

Zelda. (Either Oracle remakes or a Wind Waker HD port)

Metroid Prime 4

Pokemon-something. DLC or an unannounced minor game.

Something small to help fill out the calendar. Like a remaster/ definitive edition of Star Fox Zero without motion controls, or something like that.

And then something semi-major Q1 for Switch as a big last hurrah before March 2025 and Switch 2. I assume Pokemon Legends is same day/cross-gen like BotW, so that’s probably gonna be used as a tentpole launch title.

Last edited:
Top Bottom