• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So Who Has the Best Emoji's?

JaseMath

Did you know that there are multiple versions of Emoji...because I sure didn't.
I've only discover this because I've been using Pushbullet for Mac-to-Android SMS and use Emojipedia when I need to insert one.

screen.png
My personal fave is Google's blob design, but since they're completely revamping them in Android O, I'll give the nod to Twitter. iOS's aren't bad, but the the skeuomorphic design is starting to look kinda dated.

Stopdoor

Don't know why anyone likes Apple emoji, sucks Android is dropping blobs and going with ugly shading.

Twitter is next best then.

Velikost

Samsung, though I can't cosign that one you have in the OP.

I was shocked at how shitty my friends' emojis were on their iPhones

For the thinking emoji examples in the OP, I genuinely do love Samsung's.
I just find it hilarious whenever I see it on my S7.

For other emoji's, no major preference. I don't really use them much.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
You have to think of Emojis as just an extension of normal fonts. Everyone can have different looking ones because it’s just a font file. It’s the reason Apple, Google, Samsung etc all look different. It’s like if you had Helvetica, Garamond and Comic Sans. They’re all the same letters but they all look different. It’s also the same reason the web versions of Facebook and Twitter use their own. They just link to their own font file for them if only for assurance that everyone sees the same thing and no one gets weird empty boxes.

That said I still prefer Apples.

Microsoft’s are the worst though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
As much as I hate that super glossy look, it's Apple.

Google's always look deformed or like they don't quite get the emotion trying to be portrayed right.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
only vaguely related, but is there a good extension I can use to make emojis not look like ass in Chrome?

Katori

I like the iOS ones and the Android ones. It's a shame they're getting rid of the gumdrops.

The Messenger ones are okay too, I just hate how they can look super different from the iOS ones, but I guess that's bound to happen when there's room for interpretation.

the blobs had a ton of personality, but most importantly the ones meant to represent negative emotions looked like they were in genuine fucking mental anguish

Google blobs are the best.

But every once in a while one of the lesser sets has a winner. The Apple thinking face is great.

Top Bottom