• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SOCOM Fire Team Bravo 2 - IGN review

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://psp.ign.com/articles/744/744652p1.html

7.0 Presentation
The storyline still feels disconnected, and the inability to look at weapon stats is very curious. Cutscene and mission debriefings are very well done, however.
8.0 Graphics
Nice detail everywhere and a great draw distance make this game feel giant in scope and generally lively.
8.0 Sound
Great weapon effects and nice voice work. Great theme music returns.
8.0 Gameplay
The aiming mechanism isn't perfect and the level design can feel linear at times, but everything else is great. Online is fantastic fun when it's not laggy.
9.0 Lasting Appeal
Single-player campaign is reasonably lengthy and the online could last you quite a while.
Impressive OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

Matix

Wario64 said:
http://psp.ign.com/articles/744/744652p1.html

7.0 Presentation
The storyline still feels disconnected, and the inability to look at weapon stats is very curious. Cutscene and mission debriefings are very well done, however.
8.0 Graphics
Nice detail everywhere and a great draw distance make this game feel giant in scope and generally lively.
8.0 Sound
Great weapon effects and nice voice work. Great theme music returns.
8.0 Gameplay
The aiming mechanism isn't perfect and the level design can feel linear at times, but everything else is great. Online is fantastic fun when it's not laggy.
9.0 Lasting Appeal
Single-player campaign is reasonably lengthy and the online could last you quite a while.
Impressive OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

I loved FTB-1, and this sounds about right (probably will pick it up this weekend).

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Damn you PSP, and your massive list of awesome releases I need stacked in my work bag!

Seriously, the first one was awesome. I don't remember much lag, and it was just really incredible to be playing something like that online on a handheld. I don't care as much about single player and I'm no longer interested in the PS2 versions, so I must have it :(

madmook

typhonsentra said:
Will this be the first decent PSP purchase for the year?
WTF?!?!? Of all the PSP games to want, you choose SOCOM FTB2?!?!?!? The game is a dumbed-down, console-shoehorned-into-portable, lock-on auto-aiming noobfest and THIS is what you call a decent PSP game??!?!?

Top Bottom