• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some Japanese magazine news

AniHawk said:
The correct answer is, no, they don't want. They just want to empty every fan wallet :lol

Sure tales is being milked, but just like every other (semi-smart) company does when a series sells good. And well, tales isnt FF or DQ, but it has some really stable numbers, and this gen its the biggest namco franchise in Japan.

I just noticed the DBZ Sparking score is wrong...should be 29 if 8876 :lolU

Also wow at Gundam on Dengeki...

jarosh

Jonnyram said:
PS3 | Gran Turismo: HD
- update next year will add car damage
- updates will improve AI
next up:

heavenly.jpg

duckroll

Symytry said:
Is this a completely new game or a remake of the GBA OG?

It's a total remake of OG1 and OG2 into a continuous game with completely new systems and a brand new engine. It looks better than any SRW game ever made so far, even the upcoming Xbox360 game (which of course is just a lame port of the GC one...). :D

Symytry said:
Is this a completely new game or a remake of the GBA OG?
I think its a remake of the 2 OG for GBA...and I suppose it will have some more content. Not a new entry anyway.

edit: seems i'm a slow today :)u

RaijinFY

Another port, genius...

Anyway, cant believe the rip-off mr. Yamauchi is preparing right now. GTHD. Yeah, I would loved the sony prophet got it wrong on that one though.

neo2046 said:
not official, but it seems more Square Enix game coming
Itadaki Street for DS

Holy shit! :lol I remember the game coming out for the PSP, but, while I've never played it, I do think the game would work out on the DS better.

I really hope they keep the fantastic chibi art from the PSP version. If it's real, that is. I honestly think the PSP game had the best chibi promo art ever.

loosus

Banned
Sony needs to stop pussy-footing and do what we all know it wants to do: make human control a microtransaction. It's coming!

mj1108

loosus said:
Sony needs to stop pussy-footing and do what we all know it wants to do: make human control a microtransaction. It's coming!

Pressing start to begin the game will soon become a microtransaction.

mutsu

There's nothing wrong with Itadaki Street. In fact it's one of my favourite games on SNES and PS2.

You got to give S-E a break with all the big franchises. They need to make some money from these lesser ones too!

jarrod

Banned
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Haha, sounds like Tales went from one-each-year to one-each-month :lol

ToP 7 Sep
ToT 26 Oct
ToD 23 Nov
ToW 21 Dec

Well, at least they meet the dates they gave in the tales event. 2007 ToD2 PSP next...
Don't forget SOL.

neo2046 said:
not official, but it seems more Square Enix game coming
Itadaki Street for DS
Yow... I wonder how long until we get Valkyrie Profile DS and a FFVII DS game now? ;)

jarrod

Banned
Chris Michael said:
Basically Enix's version of Monopoly from what I hear. The PS2 and PSP versions feature FF and DQ characters.
Actually, just the 2nd PS2 Itadaki Street had FF/DQ characters... and the PSP version was a port of that game. The series is notable for being Yuji Hori and Armor Project's 2nd biggest franchise (after Dragon Quest)... list!

Itadaki Street: Watashi no Oten Niyottete (FC) Armor Project/Loginsoft 1991
Itadaki Street 2: Neon Sign wa Bara Iro ni (SFC) Armor Project/??? 1994
Itadaki Street: Gorgeous King (PS) Armor Project/??? 1998
Itadaki Street 3 (PS2) Armor Project/Tamsoft 2002
Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy in Itadaki Street Special (PS2) Armor Project/TOSE 2004
Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy in Itadaki Street Portable (PSP) Armor Project/TOSE 2006
New Itadaki Street (DS) Armor Project/tba 2007

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
jarrod said:
Don't forget SOL.

Yow... I wonder how long until we get Valkyrie Profile DS and a FFVII DS game now? ;)
If that trend continue, im sure that in 2007, S-E will publish minimum 2 DS games EACH MONTHS
[/exaggeration]

ant1532

Banned
Drakken said:
What is this? Re-releases of Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus but with new content?
The Dirge of Cerberus game is for japanese foma cell phones. The advent children is for blu ray

ferricide

Jonnyram said:
The actual title is Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix+
I guess they added the + because it includes Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories.
Wait, I think I just made that up. I'm not sure, but I read the + somewhere. Not sure if it's official or not.
actually it's like this: the package is called Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix+. it's 2 discs and one disc has Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix and the other has KH: Re:Chain of Memories.

confusing? yes! irrelevant? yes! japanese? yes!

ant1532 said:
The Dirge of Cerberus game is for japanese foma cell phones. The advent children is for blu ray
actually we got it in the US first, on amp'd mobile.
http://www.square-enix.com/na/company/press/2006/0601/

Top Bottom