• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some Super Mario 3D World Speculation (possible spoilers, but mostly speculation)

Yoshi has a long history of being kept out of these games if Yoshis are not rideable here you are forced to buy NSMBU

also has his own game in the works

there is more proof of Rosalina in this thread zero Yoshi

Not in 64, playable in Sunshine.

Not in Galaxy, playable in Galaxy 2.

Will probably be in the next 3D Mario game.

Platy

I was able to pull off some detective work on my own. Turns out there's a lot of high-res stamp artwork in this background tile, so after shrinking it down and reconstructing those edge sprites, I spent the better part of the last two hours matching up what I could in Inkscape.

XIZaVl1.png

Congrats on your work !

Also, thanks for the link on the high res stamp artwork.

Love the old school artwork they are doing here =D

xandaca

Would be interesting if the Sprixie Kingdom were actually Rosalina's homeworld from her storybook.

(Oh god, I'm theorising about Mario lore. Somebody help!)

EulaCapra

I bet Rosalina would be just as slow as Peach but be able to float, has Luigi's slippery stop but able to jump higher, and her wand and star bits thing are just cosmetic for punching/kicking.

VinLAURiA

Banned
Addendum. Fixed a few errors and filled in a couple blanks. Still not sure about some of these, though.

MZUBD1n.png

I also still don't have a clue what that remaining ? could be.

I like the princess peach/ roselina theory and I am supporting it by saying that it is possible roselina has the power of the cosmos so that could be her special power. What if she could do all the spin moves and high jumps Mario could do in galaxy because she has a special luma under her crown?

Regiruler

Rosalina for 3D World
Rosalina for Smash 4
Rosalina for Mario Kart 8
Rosalina for Mario Strikers United

Heck, Rosalina for every Nintendo game.

Wait a minute. Cynthia has been put into every major pokemon game bar X and Y since DPPt. Rosalina has been added into many Mario-related games since MG1.

Rosalina is the immortal form of Cynthia

TrueBlue

This thread is giving me too much hope. Hope that will be crushed when it turns out Rosalina's powers are merely an excuse for the Gamepad usage, or when she's only playable in a mini-stage ala the Toad Captain.

PLEASE PLEASE BE FULLY PLAYABLE

VinLAURiA

Banned
Wait a minute. Cynthia has been put into every major pokemon game bar X and Y since DPPt. Rosalina has been added into many Mario-related games since MG1.

Rosalina is the immortal form of Cynthia
Y'know, you're one of only two other people I've ever seen acknowledge the resemblance. I bet they're cousins or something.

WELP (big Mario 3D World spoilers below)

Since Nintendo just decided to spill the beans on this in a Nintendo Direct this morning, I wanted to say that this was awesome detective work and totally right.

Anteo

So she basically plays Mario Galaxy while everyone else plays 3d land right? at least that is what it seems from the trailer

So she basically plays Mario Galaxy while everyone else plays 3d land right? at least that is what it seems from the trailer

Nah she just has the spin move from that game as her unique trait, it looks like it has shorter distance then Peach's float but works as an attack. She looked slower then the Bros/Toad

My only disappointment is that there's still no Daisy love outside of the Sports/Party/Racing games.
But another princess is better than just one, so welcome Rosalina.

If you'll excuse me I'll be doing the I was right dance!
ipm.gif

Addendum. Fixed a few errors and filled in a couple blanks. Still not sure about some of these, though.

MZUBD1n.png

I also still don't have a clue what that remaining ? could be.

But seriously VinLAURIA also deserves a good chunk of the credit for his impressive stamp work.

Top Bottom