• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Someone is streaming GTA V on PS4

RIP Stream

BTW was there any mention of what the official controls are in FPS mode. sprinting isn't tap X anymore right? hopefully?

I was wondering if there a way to play in first person without having to aim your gun first before firing ? What I mean is instead of your character holding the gun pointed up and you aiming to fire just having the gun pointed with an aiming cursor as well as being able to iron sight.

judging from the stream and videos im pretty sure there is 'hip-fire' if thats what your asking?

I'm not sold on the fps mechanics, it's obvious the game is designed around a third person combat model (a pretty mediocre one at that). I need to see a proper shootout with a large amount of enemies.

Alfebit

Banned
RIP Stream

BTW was there any mention of what the official controls are in FPS mode. sprinting isn't tap X anymore right? hopefully?

judging from the stream and videos im pretty sure there is 'hip-fire' if thats what your asking?

I believe I read the controls are customizable. I'm not 100% sure, let me see if I can find a source.

Shredderi

Oh DAMN that looked fucking good! Even though the quality is really low compared to watching it from my own tv you can tell it is a good looking game. FPS mode makes it feel so different in a good way. Talk about playing again with a fresh perspective :). I'm just going to have to bite my teeth and resist buying this next week for ps4 and wait for the pc version. I'll prolly get far cry 4 to help me.

Hopefully someone got some footage out of that.

Doing drive-bys in FPS looks so gooood.

Why is it capped at 720p?

because your streaming a video game live over the internet to the entire world!

edit: Sweeet. Thanks for quick responses! Glad they are taking full advantage of FPS mode

AmyS

Damn, that was a good solid 20 mins of footage at least :).

Yeah, I got to see over half of it. Got a good sense of what FPS mode will actually be like.

Also, the video quality of today's leaked footage, so much better than yesterdays.

HabeeNo

rsYlsBa.gif

BOOM

Ammogeddon

R.I.P. flamedragon323

pou_7153.png

Very good.

Enjoyed his steam while it lasted. Watching it has made my game purchase decisions much easier, no need to worry about FC4 just yet. GTA V and Dragon Age will be my purchases that will see me through to the new year.

Asgaro

Why is it that all the people that get games early and shit are horrible at them lol

Because controllers are mostly fine for controlling characters in third person, but for first person they are horrible.

I always cringe when people play with a controller in first person games.
It's like they are moving a robot since they always overshoot the direction they want to look at, turn at, or aim at...

Ammogeddon

Is there no cross hair for aiming in this game?

Couldn't reallly make it out in the stream. Hope there's at least an option, I can't aim for shit without them.

Because controllers are mostly fine for controlling characters in third person, but for first person they are horrible.

I always cringe when people play with a controller in first person games.
It's like they are moving a robot since they always overshoot the direction they want to look at, turn at, or aim at...

Is this 2001? Controllers will never give you the precision of a mouse but most first person games have been fine with controllers for a long time now.

apowhungo

did anyone save the streams? can you make a gif of flying thru windshield in FPV?

also, with achievements/trophies for online (since theyre all the same as last gen) if my lvl 100 character goes online for the first time will all the cheevos pop from my last gen activity (level 5, 25, 100 attained cheevos?)

eso76

You can't really appreciate graphical improvements in those streams; like, its very hard to even tell ps3 and 4 versions apart, but we know better..

Frame rate is pretty good indeed.

majik13

Couldn't reallly make it out in the stream. Hope there's at least an option, I can't aim for shit without them.

considering there is heavy autoaim/lock on(even shown in the streams) I think you will be fine.

considering there is heavy autoaim/lock on(even shown in the streams) I think you will be fine.

You can customize that from full lock on, to slight auto aim, to free aim.

I'm not sold on the fps mechanics, it's obvious the game is designed around a third person combat model (a pretty mediocre one at that). I need to see a proper shootout with a large amount of enemies.

I mean....It's still GTAV.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
RIP Stream

Yeah it's more the way the character aims before shooting, even when hip firing. For example look at some of the gifs above me, the way he aims before he fires even though it's hip firing. Just wondering if you can just have a cross hair and not have to 'aim' as shown in the gifs.

Ateron

The guy is clearly using aim-assist, so I will dock points on this performance.

Never rolled with aim-assist or lock on bs, never will. My only concern about the multiplayer (It might have separate lobbies, I didn't play more than two times), since RDR was annoying as fuck. Seeing so many XXXX casually killed YYYY made me cringe.

They should make for separate lobbies, those who play with aim-assist on and those who don't use it. I don't remember seeing it on RDR, I usually went with expert control type and would do relatively well, but was constantly getting sniped by low level repeaters from 500yds away while on a horse. Played a few sessions of GTAO and it felt the same, people hitting me up with uzis like they were ninja assassins from the government. I just wanted to buy a pair of pants, ffs.

I'm joking, of course. Anyone can play the way they want, at least SP. But I feel it messes with the competitive aspect of the game.

Never rolled with aim-assist or lock on bs, never will. My only concern about the multiplayer (It might have separate lobbies, I didn't play more than two times), since RDR was annoying as fuck. Seeing so many XXXX casually killed YYYY made me cringe.

They should make for separate lobbies, those who play with aim-assist on and those who don't use it. I don't remember seeing it on RDR, I usually went with expert control type and would do relatively well, but was constantly getting sniped by low level repeaters from 500yds away while on a horse. Played a few sessions of GTAO and it felt the same, people hitting me up with uzis like they were ninja assassins from the government. I just wanted to buy a pair of pants, ffs.

I'm joking, of course. Anyone can play the way they want, at least SP. But I feel it messes with the competitive aspect of the game.
Huh? If you select free aim from the SP menu you'll get placed in said lobbies.

If anyone knows of any streams still active I'd appreciate a PM with a link!

who knows 'they' might be monitoring this thread for links lol

Ateron

Huh? If you select free aim from the SP menu you'll get placed in said lobbies.

So gta v has that? I'm glad on one hand, on the other I feel bad. So they really were ninjas. I was riding a fast bike and this motherfucker snipes me with an uzi like he was locking on to me, it was practically impossible to shoot me down that fast, especially on a moving target going so fast. I guess he was that good then.

But on RDR there was no distinction. I remember clearly being able to select different aiming options on the fly if I wanted. At the very least, made free roam a bit annoying. You had to yell FRIENDLY and still would get sniped from across the map. The game would let you know if you died to someone using casual or expert control schemes. Most people would roll with casual, and I can see why. It puts you at a massive disadvantage.

Cc23830

Auto aim less lobbies will be available

As others said, there are different aim assists.

But there are also 2 crosshair options: default is just the dot that is hard to see because auto-aim is also default (so the bigger crosshairs are not needed). But there's a bigger crosshairs too (that's dynamic to adjust for recoil) that's usually what people use for manual aim.

Ateron

...first person changes everything

This actually makes it a bit disturbing. It doesn't affect me,per se, but I would never let a kid play the game like this. It's still the same content, but playing in third person makes things more cartoony, like there's an added layer between you and the acts your committing. I've let my 12 year old cousin play gta V in the past, and was surprised that he prefered the driving aspect of the game, and using the forklift to lift cars, jump against moving trucks on the highway, and the like. Just messing around with the physics and making stunt jumps with quad bikes

But I wouldn't let him play this game like this. It's a lot more personal, even though he isn't the kind of player to go and kill innocent people on the game (he liked to get into fist fights more often than not, though). I know it's a fucking game and a bit hypocritical of me, but I didn't have any qualms on killing the fucker who missed a red light and scratched my fully upgraded zantorno, but I couldn't bring myself to kill a store clerk, even if they're on equal grounds, neither deserves to be killed.

I'm overthinking this. It's just a game. But it seems more brutal in first person, no doubt.

Auto aim less lobbies will be available

That will be awesome. That's the way I plan to play it :)

Top Bottom