• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Someone is streaming GTA V on PS4

antitrop

I've let my 12 year old cousin play gta V in the past, and was surprised that he prefered the driving aspect of the game, and using the forklift to lift cars, jump against moving trucks on the highway, and the like. Just messing around with the physics and making stunt jumps with quad bikes

lmfao, get your cousin a Dreamcast and Shenmue and let him go to town!

Fisty

If FPS mode is smooth, has customizable controls, and sensitivity sliders, this will be my first GTA since Vice City. Always felt like R* had the same shitty controls and UI since PS2

Tigress

This actually makes it a bit disturbing. It doesn't affect me,per se, but I would never let a kid play the game like this.

I'm overthinking this. It's just a game. But it seems more brutal in first person, no doubt.

Honestly, I wouldn't let a kid play this game even in third person until they were at least 12 and showed maturity. For example I want to lecture the parents who were letting their kids play GTA who were going around joking that they were going to rape me and rape that and rape rape rape. Those kids if they were mine, hell no they wouldn't be playing GTA (and I'd be getting advice on how to get them to realize why raping things isn't "cool"/funny). On the other hand I've played with plenty of kids who if they were mine I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Kids minds are developing and they are forming their opinions of what is ok and what is not. I don't really think it's a good idea for them to be playing constantly a game that they are rping a psychopath/criminal at best, especially if they haven't shown they really know right from wrong yet (if they have that's a different story). To me it's not the graphicness that has me not think it's a good game for kids, it's just the fact of the kind of character you play.

And no, that doesn't mean I want to see GTA go away, I love GTA V.

dreamlock

The hero Los Santos deserves
did anyone save the streams? can you make a gif of flying thru windshield in FPV?

also, with achievements/trophies for online (since theyre all the same as last gen) if my lvl 100 character goes online for the first time will all the cheevos pop from my last gen activity (level 5, 25, 100 attained cheevos?)

Yes, sorry for the delay. Only had free fraps running when he got sent flying through the windshield. OBS for the rest of the stream, but nothing worth uploading tbh.

InferiorOddballDiamondbackrattlesnake.gif

Too bad about the window blocking the view in the stream, but you get the gist of it at least.

EDIT: cropped gif to make it easier to see.

waypoetic

Banned
That gif is gonna be on FOX tomorrow, accompanied by people yelling about video game violence.

EDIT: the robbery gif, not the one above this post.

satori

My god....that was intense O-o. Whelp looks like the family will not be around watching me play this game lol. Definitely not my son. My wife normally likes to watch me game but I can totally see her being unnerved by something like this.

Crazy how the first person mode changes the scope of this game. I was going to wait for the PC but naaaah. DA and GTA with some LP3 to help balance it all out for me lol...

Yes, sorry for the delay. Only had free fraps running when he got sent flying through the windshield. OBS for the rest of the stream, but nothing worth uploading tbh.

TerrificEnragedEarwig.gif

Too bad about the window blocking the view in the stream, but you get the gist of it at least.
Yup. Definitely going to be motionsick for the first few hours playing.

Doolz

Banned
I can't get over how unnerving this is compared to doing it in third-person.
I don't see what's so disturbing about it. The brief screen flash as the clerk is killed totally disrupts the moment. This was there in the old versions and has unfortunately made a return.

I can't stand contrivances like this in games like GTAV, where the developers are clearly attempting to portray some semblance of believability in the game world. Artificiality like this feels out of place and unnecessary.

Maybe I'm just weird, but it annoys me.

It's weird. I am normally not too bothered by scenes like that in games. Perhaps seeing it in gif form on repeat adds to the effect, I don't know.
Plus the fact that he looks directly at you and he's an innocent civilian. I dont think that andom enemies won be as unnerving.

The reactions to that gif are a little weird to me. Kills in Rockstar's RAGE engine games, particularly to innocents, have all been that cold and sadistic looking. 1st or 3rd person doesn't make a difference, it's all been more intense and realistic since they moved to Euphoria.

ironcreed

Banned
Plus the fact that he looks directly at you and he's an innocent civilian. I dont think that andom enemies won be as unnerving.

Absolutely. And then the going behind the counter and seeing the way he is slumped over with the blood pooling out of his head. It's messed up, no other way to describe it.

I don't see what's so disturbing about it. The brief screen flash as the clerk is killed totally disrupts the moment. This was there in the old versions and has unfortunately made a return.

I can't stand contrivances like this in games like GTAV, where the developers are clearly attempting to portray some semblance of believability in the game world. Artificiality like this feels out of place and unnecessary.

Maybe I'm just weird, but it annoys me.

It drives me nuts too, i'm hoping they'll include an option to turn the effect off but i doubt it.

Wil348

Oooooh I actually felt that. Damn, the immersion.

Holy shit

Piggus

If FPS mode is smooth, has customizable controls, and sensitivity sliders, this will be my first GTA since Vice City. Always felt like R* had the same shitty controls and UI since PS2

Wat... GTAV's controls are miles beyond any of the PS2 GTAs. They've evolved A LOT. Not sure what videos you watched, but third person GTAV controls more like a traditional third person shooter than anything else.

The UI is nothing like the PS2 GTAs either. So I'm sure where you're getting that from.

ironcreed

Banned
The reactions to that gif are a little weird to me. Kills in Rockstar's RAGE engine games, particularly to innocents, have all been that cold and sadistic looking. 1st or 3rd person doesn't make a difference, it's all been more intense and realistic since they moved to Euphoria.

Oh, I am not offended or anything and will still love the game all over again. It's just a pretty brutal scene seeing it like that in first person. It kind of caught me off guard is all.

Big Chungus

Is your money shared between all your online characters?

I still have some saved up on my first character...but hes ugly as hell...

Oh, I am not offended or anything and will still love the game all over again. It's just a pretty brutal scene seeing it like that in first person. It kind of caught me off guard is all.

I get that 1st person makes it feel a bit more intense, but that that awkward moment of pause because "That was kinda brutal" has been there since GTAIV.IMO, regardless of perspective.

i thought it would just be sort of gimmicky but this new perspective is kind of a game changer for GTA

it's more unsettling due to how even more immersive it's made it.

ironcreed

Banned
I get that 1st person makes it feel a bit more intense, but that that awkward moment of pause because "That was kinda brutal" has been there since GTAIV.IMO, regardless of perspective.

No doubt and it has never bothered me before. I'm just saying that scene in first person did. Don't know what else to say, lol. Can't wait to play it again all the same!

I love new foliage, even small grass adds so much to the atmosphere and how more alive world feels:

6S7wgXq.jpg

u9FRO78.jpg

Man, if there's one thing I love about this gen it's the increase foliage. It's such a small thing but it makes so much difference.

I gotta disagree with you there. Seeing up close like that, as you would if you were the one actually doing it, makes it much more shocking/unnerving to see for me and many others. Sure, the actual kill animation and gore is the same as it would be in third-person, but it just looks so much more brutal in first-person. I've shot countless cashiers in GTA V on PS3, and not once did I ever think "holy shit!" like I the first time I saw that GIF.

And I'd also like to say that I'm not offended by that GIF at all, it's a videogame, and I'll more than likely do the same countless times when I play it myself. Lol.

UrbanRats

The fuck is that black window in PS4 streams, btw?

Didnt play GTAV last gen as was hoping they would bring it too the PS4, And the fact its now first person is just insane and will defo be my goto view.

viveks86

I'm glad that people are having this reaction to the GIF. Maybe we all will finally stop shooting store clerks in the face! 1st person or 3rd person, that shit is messed up. Sure "it's just a game", but that's a lazy excuse to justify anything. I think the game now does a good job of implicitly conveying the gravity of your action so that you can't just escape it without a modicum of remorse.

"What about the children who don't know any better?"

You know what. If you let your kids play GTA, it's your problem.

I'm glad that people are having this reaction to the GIF. Maybe we all will finally stop shooting store clerks in the face! 1st person or 3rd person, that shit is messed up. Sure "it's just a game", but that's a lazy excuse to justify anything. I think the game now does a good job of implicitly conveying the gravity of your action so that you can't just escape it without a modicum of remorse.

But what if he pulls a shotgun out on me as I run out of the store with my loot? I'm going to have to shoot him! :p

Derpyduck

Banned

I'll be shooting them. Makes robbing them go faster, and it gets me out of the store and back into my chopper before the cops arrive. If Rockstar didn't want me to do that, they wouldn't make everything in the Online portion cost so damn much.

viveks86

I'll be shooting them. Makes robbing them go faster, and it gets me out of the store and back into my chopper before the cops arrive.

Tch tch tch. I don't think R* wants to dictate anything. They've left it up to you to decide what's acceptable. I'll definitely try not to do it as I'm in no hurry to beat the game. Let's see how long I can last :D

Warablo

I always found manual aim matches to be rather empty and hard to find :(

Especially in free roam, everyone uses auto aim.

Its because the damn story mode is built around auto aim. I hope Rockstar fine tunes their shooting and doesn't build around auto aim next time.

Why are streams getting banned and taken down. . it's a game we all played.

How do you even have a legal agreement to not release pictures or videos of a game that has already been released on other consoles. I don't see how any arguments would hold up.

Tch tch tch. I don't think R* wants to dictate anything. They've left it up to you to decide what's acceptable. I'll definitely try not to do it as I'm in no hurry to beat the game. Let's see how long I can last :D

I think utilising the new hatchet on the man would be acceptable.

What's up with the aiming in first-person? Is there no way to line up the gun perfectly with your eyes? It seems to be offset in the footage I've seen.

Top Bottom