• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Someone is streaming GTA V on PS4

Doolz

Banned
What's up with the aiming in first-person? Is there no way to line up the gun perfectly with your eyes? It seems to be offset in the footage I've seen.
The gameplay R* posted of first person showed Michael aiming the stun gun directly in front of his face, as well as Franklin looking directly through a dot sight when shooting a Balla.

Derpyduck

Banned
French user on Ustream via the PS4 streaming someone's stream via Playroom. Bad quality again for obvious reasons. User alizii95.

viveks86

LMAO! Wiping out in first person is never gonna get old! I'm going to spend a lot of time doing that! :D

I think utilising the new hatchet on the man would be acceptable.

youre-a-monster.gif

doofy102

A great quality link is gone. I just don't understand how R* can even demand a website take it down. .

Their marketing is trying to make us only see what's new about GTAV, when the reality of seeing raw gameplay footage is that there's still a whole bunch of old stuff, too. It can break the illusion to see it.

Cc23830

Their marketing is trying to make us only see what's new about GTAV, when the reality of seeing raw gameplay footage is that it's still a whole bunch of old stuff, too.

But I don't care! I just want to hop on my entity, and cruise around in glorious ps4 power

doofy102

But I don't care! I just want to hop on my entity, and cruise around in glorious ps4 power

It's more a thing done for the less assured customers. Reselling the same game to the same person requires more of a marketing leash than just selling it first-time does.

-griffy-

Banned
PS4 streaming has some issues with notifications. It can be disabled in the settings, but these guys haven't. I suspect it's that at least.

It's not an issue, it blocks certain things on purpose so personal information doesn't get put on the stream on accident.

doofy102

Actually, looking at the original FPS trailer, it seems there are three perspectives.

Each are attributable to the types of gun wielding in third person. One is just holding the gun without aiming or making any attempt to shoot. One is the "free aiming" where you hold R2 and can still shoot and jog, which is conveniently able to be set up by "non aiming" presentation. The other is holding L2 to iron scope, which slows down your movement pace.

leadbelly

Banned
Each are attributable to the types of gun wielding in third person. One is just holding the gun without aiming. One is the "free aiming" where you hold R2 and can still shoot and jog. The other is holding L2 to iron scope, which slows down your movement pace.

Yeah. It could directly correlate to third person. I haven't played GTA 5 yet, so I wouldn't know. Either way, I guess this confirms you can look directly down the iron sights.

MMaRsu

Banned
Guys take this with a grain of salt because I dont know how reliable this journalist is, but someone who works at a dutch videogame website called Gamekings saw the game and has played it hemself as well.

He mentioned there is an FOV slider as well!!!!!

Guys take this with a grain of salt because I dont know how reliable this journalist is, but someone who works at a dutch videogame website called Gamekings saw the game and has played it hemself as well.

He mentioned there is an FOV slider as well!!!!!

It does have a FOV slider, confirmed by the CVG guys. They also explained the different aiming options.

majik13

Yes, sorry for the delay. Only had free fraps running when he got sent flying through the windshield. OBS for the rest of the stream, but nothing worth uploading tbh.

InferiorOddballDiamondbackrattlesnake.gif

Too bad about the window blocking the view in the stream, but you get the gist of it at least.

EDIT: cropped gif to make it easier to see.

fuk, this would be scary in VR...Im guessing.

Sirim

I'm not sold on the fps mechanics, it's obvious the game is designed around a third person combat model (a pretty mediocre one at that). I need to see a proper shootout with a large amount of enemies.
It's not an FPS mechanic, it's an FP mechanic, as in First Person.

As in, every insane thing you do in GTA will be in first person. You have to think of it that way.

Shooting was never GTA's strong suit and won't be in first person either. Everything else will be fucking nuts.

Sirim

To be honest, I really can't see how it could be anything but improved from that perspective.
It'll definitely be much more fun to shoot dudes in first person, I agree with you there. I just meant to that poster not to expect it to suddenly rival big name FPSs in terms of shooting mechanics. But honestly from the streams, it seems completely serviceable enough to fit seamlessly into the grand scheme of things in the game.

Especially since the game doesn't just consist of "shoot out - to -shootout - to -shootout" like a modern day FPS. The shooting just being a small piece of the grand GTA puzzle will make the shooting really mesh well I think.

doofy102

To be honest, I really can't see how it could be anything but improved from that perspective.

Yeah, watching the brief shootouts on the First Person trailer already showed that it's a less clunky, quicker experience. Getting a better view of the enemy's body-feedback is really great for the presentation too.

Not gonna lie, I'm awfully tempted to grab this explicitly to play golf in first person.

It really is crazy thinking about all the activities now for FP, if they all work decently (such as golf), this really is gonna be the ultimate sandbox experience. Can't wait to scale Chilead on a bicycle in first person and watch the sun set, or ya know roll around CJ's hood on a bike and cap fools. It's gonna be glorious.

leadbelly

Banned
It'll definitely be much more fun to shoot dudes in first person, I agree with you there. I just meant to that poster not to expect it to suddenly rival big name FPSs in terms of shooting mechanics. But honestly from the streams, it seems completely serviceable enough to fit seamlessly into the grand scheme of things in the game.

Especially since the game doesn't just consist of "shoot out - to -shootout - to -shootout" like a modern day FPS. The shooting just being a small piece of the grand GTA puzzle will make the shooting really mesh well I think.

Yeah. It may not rival a modern FPS, but of course, it was never designed to be one in the first place. Anything that improves the shooting mechanics is always going to be a plus though.

anyone who talks grass and doesn't put Flower on top is messed in the head

iElFKQNXeBuCk.png

001_55.jpg

You can even see the wind currents in the grass as the wind blows. Its so relaxing to watch

Sure not much traffic downtown LS...

that hospital is basically where one of the main freeways enter LS. on PS3 often you seem more cars than this stream showed, even. It was morning, too, about 8-9am and traffic is usually pretty busy around then.

I was expecting more traffic density.

Traffic variety is really improved though, I'm seeing so many more cars than I'm used to seeing... Not only much more variety but certain car types that I never ever see spawn in these locations. Just such a small improvement either; seems significantly better.

Top Bottom