• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Someone is streaming GTA V on PS4

Didn't you know first person was patched in PS3 version?

M5HYoVU.jpg

Blind fire is super useful in this game if you're playing with free aim. It's a lot more fun than with the lock on.
yeah I play almost exclusively with the basic SMGs and assault rifles, and I'm always sitting in cover and using blind-fire instead of run-n-gunning with 'nade launchers -- more Michael Mann-ish and less Michael Bay-ish

NastyBook

DOOM - TBA (CONFIRMED)
Fuuuuuuuuuck, yeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssss.

If it's new, I hope it's Ello Guvnor. If it's old, Red and Gold, Rhinestone Cowboy, Operation Doomsday, the list goes on and on.

Just realized you can have first person while riding in a helicopter as a passenger. I missed the over-the-shoulder view while aiming from a chopper in GTAIV. Made crashes awesome, though you could never hit anything

I suspect that it only has high traffic density at certain periods of the day like Rush Hour.
That one stream (the one mirroed on Rutube or whatever) was basically at morning rush hour (8am to 930am) and that location he began at was basically the end of the freeway in first night gif... if you follow that main freeway into the city, that's where you hit your first street lights -- where that player was hanging out (it splits into another freeway and also connects to the freeway in the 2nd gif too). Usually even on PS3 it's close to bumper the bumper though. On the PS3 usually you only saw that much traffic if you start out of the city on the freeway and follow the 'dense traffic' off the freeway into the city -- but if you just sit at the end of the freeway, new traffic never spawns that dense. So maybe it's the same way... if you're on the right location on the freeway, it'll spawn. But if you wait down the road where aforementioned traffic would drive toward, you'll never see it spawn that sense. (Not sure if that makes sense.)

In general the traffic even downtown LS didn't seem that dense... I've seen it more dense on the PS3 version. To the extent that I noticed zero difference and I almost wonder if it's toned down and waiting for the day 1 optimization patch? Seems an odd last minute change but I really have not seen any evidence yet up significantly denser traffic. There's been maybe 1 or 2 leaks where it was dense for a minute but even the PS3 can rarely do that. In general it seems similar. I've watched that first KCfire stream, the one just posted on this page and all 3 of them seem very similar density to PS3.

I haven't noticed better car damage yet either. Car variety (which I've said a few times) is clearly way better though.

doofy102

Downtown Los Santos can be a pretty empty place on the PS3 version. I'm playing now in midday and there's never more than 4 cars on screen. Ever street I turn onto usually has one car on it, maybe two. Closer to the beach is a different story.

Latest soundtrack leaks courtesy of GTA Forums. Some may be repeats.
So far...

Radio Los Santos:
Chuck Inglish feat. Ab-Soul & Mac Miller - Came Thru/Easily (2013) (CONFIRMED)
Danny Brown & Action Bronson - Bad News (2014) (CONFIRMED)
Freddie Gibbs - TBA (CONFIRMED)
Gangrene - TBA (CONFIRMED)
Skeme - Millions (2013) (CONFIRMED)
Space 103.2:
Teena Marie - Lovergirl (1984) (CONFIRMED)
The Fatback Band - Gotta Get My Hands On Some (Money) (1980) (CONFIRMED)
West Coast Classics:
2Pac - So Many Tears (1995) (CONFIRMED)
South Central Cartel - Servin' 'Em Heat (1993) (CONFIRMED)
The Conscious Daughters - We Roll Deep (1993) (CONFIRMED)
Los Santos Rock Radio:
Eddie Money - Take Me Home Tonight (1986) (CONFIRMED)
Genesis - Land of Confusion (1986) (CONFIRMED)
Golden Earring - Radar Love (1973) (CONFIRMED)*
Huey Lewis & The News - Hip To Be Square (1986) (CONFIRMED)
Joan Armatrading - TBA (CONFIRMED)
Kenny Loggins - Danger Zone (1986) (CONFIRMED)
Pat Benatar - Shadows of the Night (1982) (CONFIRMED)
The Lowdown 91.1:
Johnny "Guitar" Watson - Superman Lover (1976) (CONFIRMED)*
Smokey Robinson - Will You Love Me Tomorrow? (1973) (CONFIRMED?)
Non-Stop-Pop FM:
Backstreet Boys - I Want It That Way (1999) (CONFIRMED)
Bronski Beat - Smalltown Boy (1984) (CONFIRMED)
Jermaine Stewart - We Don't Have to Take Our Clothes Off (1986) (CONFIRMED)
Mike Posner - Cooler Than Me (Single Mix) (2010) (CONFIRMED)*
Sly Fox - Let's Go All the Way (1985) (CONFIRMED) *I think it's on this station*
WorldWide FM:
Smokey Robinson - Why You Wanna See My Bad Side? (1978) (CONFIRMED)
Channel X:
Alice In Chains - Social Parasite (1988) (CONFIRMED)
Radio Mirror Park:
Dom - Living In America (2010) (CONFIRMED)
Vinewood Boulevard Radio:
Nobunny - Gone For Good (2010) (CONFIRMED)
Soulwax FM:
Brain 21 - Something For Your Mind (1996) (CONFIRMED)
Zombie Nation - TBA (CONFIRMED)
FlyLo FM:
DOOM - TBA (CONFIRMED)
Flying Lotus feat. Krayzie Bone - Medication Medication (2014) (CONFIRMED)
Flying Lotus - TBA (CONFIRMED)

Dammit. Where's my Rebel Radio?

Watching that "PS3" video and totally forgot about helmets . They even have it so it looks good in first person.

Playing this game as an fps is going to feel like a whole new game.

AmyS

I have had the PS3 version for a just few weeks, and indeed, under certain conditions at night on the freeway as you're driving with or against traffic there is actually quite a lot of traffic density. Not as much as in the E3 PS4 trailer of course but I was surprised at how much was there on PS3.

I shouldn't speculate about the PS4 version. but if Rockstar has increased the draw distance by more than double and the number of light sources by a factor of three, then you would like to think they have also increased the traffic density by some amount too. But as with the PS3 version, a large amount of traffic present on-screen is triggered by certain conditions as Kyan tried to explain above.

Valnen

InferiorOddballDiamondbackrattlesnake.gif

Man, Rockstar needs to start doing first person more often.

That settles it. I'm buying the PC version and a rift for this. My only complaint is that there seem to be three separate aiming modes. Why not just have iron sights and hip fire only?

ufo8mycat

I actually prefer the traffic density the way it is

Theres actually enough traffic in certain times and areas, where you have to bop and weave inbetween traffic while still keeping the fun in going full speed down the streets.

If they added a realistic traffic density, that fun speeding down the streets would be gone, because there would be cars everywhere.

I really don't want to play a traffic simulator.

I like the balance of both. The way it is now.

Maybe maybe a llittle bit more wouldn't hurt and thats what the PS4 version will do.

Downtown Los Santos can be a pretty empty place on the PS3 version. I'm playing now in midday and there's never more than 4 cars on screen. Ever street I turn onto usually has one car on it, maybe two. Closer to the beach is a different story.
It depends. I'm messing around same area too right now just to compare (though I actually play almost every day still; just wanted to be sure) and yeah often between blocks when I go down new streets, usually 4-5 cars... the hospital usually has 4-7 cars on screen entering/exiting the freeway. But at least during the day, almost every intersection around there has 10-15 cars on screen. If you're right at the end of a yellow light where both sides are stopped for a moment, it hits 20 cars if you can see all 4 lanes of the intersection. 10-15 cars is pretty common. All of which seems pretty similar to the leaked streams.

I actually prefer the traffic density the way it is

Theres actually enough traffic in certain times and areas, where you have to bop and weave inbetween traffic while still keeping the fun in going full speed down the streets.

If they added a realistic traffic density, that fun speeding down the streets would be gone, because there would be cars everywhere.

I really don't want to play a traffic simulator.

I like the balance of both. The way it is now.

Maybe maybe a llittle bit more wouldn't hurt and thats what the PS4 version will do.
Exactly. Now pedestrian traffic is something I'd definitely like to see more of, but actually having a lot more cars on the road would start to make driving a chore rather than the enjoyable activity it is in the previous gen versions of GTA V.

Dr.Acula

Banned
It's sooooo siiiiick looking.

I just hope controller+kbm play well together. I much prefer a controller for driving.

I wonder how cover works in first-person mode.

NAPK1NS

GUYS. I never got a chance to play GTAV on last gen hardware. How should I temper my excitement for the PS4 version? Super hype or mild desire?

These guys just made the most interesting-looking FPS since forever, and the shooting doesnt even look that good from first person. but the immersion. goddamn. the way it looks on the motorcycle, when your getting into a car.

its such a mindfuck because there has never been done a FPS on this scale!

You will get that density if you put the slider on the PC version to 100. And it will be close to unplayable like in IV. (Not framerate but gameplay wise)

GUYS. I never got a chance to play GTAV on last gen hardware. How should I temper my excitement for the PS4 version? Super hype or mild desire?

There's no reason to temper your expectations if you're a GTA fan. V is a great example of a developer listening to what fans wanted. They pretty much fixed every complaint that fans had about IV while also remembering what people loved about San Andreas.

As I said in another thread, and I know this is PS4 streaming, but Far Cry 4 PS360 copies have leaked so you'll also most likely be seeing those up on streaming sites. I would imagine DA:I will leak by the weekend so that's another game to look out for if you're the slightest bit interested.

sir_jachn

Neo Member
The framerate seems a bit choppy in places in that particular video. Does anyone know if it's because of the stream or if it's really dipping like that?

there was never any doubt in my mind this game was gonna get released quickly on nextgen/pc, even when people were calling me delusional for thinking so.

pc version will be mine as usual.

The framerate seems a bit choppy in places in that particular video. Does anyone know if it's because of the stream or if it's really dipping like that?
i think its the stream, the framerate is pretty consistent and smooth from what i've seen.

NAPK1NS

There's no reason to temper your expectations if you're a GTA fan. V is a great example of a developer listening to what fans wanted. They pretty much fixed every complaint that fans had about IV while also remembering what people loved about San Andreas.
Full speed ahead then. Thanks fellas. :)

Top Bottom