• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Someone post pictures of CliffyB at Universal Citywalk

I need to know how many 360 owners/ cliffyb fans turned out for the big event. Mods before you lock this is it okay to have three concurrent Gears of Wars discussions or will it cause a rift in the neogaf space time continuum?

Andonuts

is it too late to reply to this topic or is it already locked?

here is a hotlinked photo of cliffyb:

picture-24.gif

bumpkin

Is this guy a 30-something trying to act young and hip, or really some kid in his early 20's that got hooked up with a job by his older brother or a cousin? :lol

Seriously... I don't see him being any of the real talent behind Gears. He strikes me as Epic's J Allard. I could be wrong though.

Defcon

Banned
bumpkin said:
Is this guy a 30-something trying to act young and hip, or really some kid in his early 20's that got hooked up with a job by his older brother or a cousin? :lol

Seriously... I don't see him being any of the real talent behind Gears. He strikes me as Epic's J Allard. I could be wrong though.

He's a pretty good level designer. A few of his maps in the UT series are amongst my favorites. I think he's been in the business long enough to be a good game designer, although he aimed low with Gears.

bumpkin said:

I got the impression he had alot to do with the game.

he was the one that thought of the name gears of war in the first place.. ( I heard this in one of his many interviews)

When ms wanted to make a game, Ed fries asked him Personaly

I also thought that cliffy was responsible for the overall feel of the game and what direction to take it etc..

although like you I could be wrong.

You guys aren't serious right? Cliff Is the Lead Designer of the game. He Is responsible for every aspect of it, beyond producers he is the final word on what goes where, there's nothing in the game that he hasn't made prior approval to be there.

He sold the original concept to Epic, he also told the crew what art direction to go in, he made final decisions on the single and multi-player aspects of the game. By what I know the games his baby, pre-engineered by Cliff and helped along by his crew.

So yeah, I'd say he knows what he's doing, Gears of War is a pretty damn fantastic game.

element

Is this guy a 30-something trying to act young and hip, or really some kid in his early 20's that got hooked up with a job by his older brother or a cousin?
Cliff is almost 30. but he has been working on game professionally since he was 17.

Cliff is the lead designer or design director for gears. everything goes through him. Epic has amazingly talented people, but Gears is Cliff's baby.

Defcon said:
He's a pretty good level designer. A few of his maps in the UT series are amongst my favorites. I think he's been in the business long enough to be a good game designer, although he aimed low with Gears.
In what sense did he aim low?

Top Bottom