• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed |OT| Everybody's Super Sonic Racing

Do you just need certain characters/vehicles to beat certain challenges? I just could NOT beat the Joe Musashi time trial thing with Sonic on medium, no matter how perfectly I did the route. Then again, maybe the fact that I was on pretty much the same route as the CPU means my approach was wrong in the first place?

You don't *have* to be specific characters. Some are just better than others for certain things. Though don't forget you can also use mods.

ArjanN

What's the latest on that poll? I swear, if Segata doesn't make it, I'll be upset :(

(it's blocked at work, otherwise I'd check it myself)

Here's a live updated poll numbers page created by a Shenmue fansite:

http://teamyu.net/race/

1) SEGATA SANSHIRO - 2182
2) HATSUNE MIKU - 1963
3) RYO HAZUKI - 1954
4) Vectorman - 826
5) Ristar - 738
6) Bayonetta - 734
7) ToeJam & Earl - 542
8) Billy Hatcher - 435
9) Blaze Fielding - 356
10) Axel Stone - 352
11) Phantom R - 319
12) Alis Landale - 291
13) Sakura Shinguji - 251
14) Arle Nadja - 240
15) Selvaria - 236
16) Opa-Opa - 231
17) Ash - 224
18) Welkin - 207
19) Kazuma Kiryu - 179
20) The Chu Chus - 173
21) Space Harrier - 172
22) Sketch Turner - 160
23) Bonanza Bros - 159
24) Amitie - 125
25) Rag Rappy - 92
26) Jacky Bryant - 68

Bayonetta has almost caught up to Ristar.

I really should do an update here. It's fixed here at SUMO and we dropped this down with SEGA. They're making sure it's OK and doing a full playthrough to make sure it's all fully sorted and then the plan is to get the revised update live as soon as possible.

I've not got an ETA, but we really want this into everyones hands as soon as we can. As soon as I've got info on when it will be live I will share it. We're hoping we can get it out to you all this week ideally.

More when I get it.

---
S0L
---

Is there anyway you guys can patch voice chat compatibility in this game, like the PS3/360 versions? Please consider if possible, it means so much to us owners, and will make it equal to the PS3/360 versions!!

Kokonoe

Banned
Ahh...I'm playing SEGA Superstars Tennis right now and I miss this style of SUMO games already. It's the same style the first game had.

Also, was Tennis ever ported to PC? I found out it recently was for Mac or something.

inAWabZrZLwvM.png

Shaneus

Here's a live updated poll numbers page created by a Shenmue fansite:

http://teamyu.net/race/
Awesome. I can actually view that at work :) (even though I can't vote).

Can anyone tell me when that poll ends? Want to make sure I have my say.

Edit: Wait, Hatsune Miku is the star of some Japanese singing/rhythm game? I must say I'm impressed that someone/thing as (I guess) relatively unknown as Segata is actually ahead in the polls. I'm pretty sure I'll cry if he wins.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Ahh...I'm playing SEGA Superstars Tennis right now and I miss this style of SUMO games already. It's the same style the first game had.

Also, was Tennis ever ported to PC? I found out it recently was for Mac or something.

No PC version. And the Mac version isn't out yet. The first Sonic Racing game is coming soon to Mac, too.

Kokonoe

Banned
No PC version. And the Mac version isn't out yet. The first Sonic Racing game is coming soon to Mac, too.

Ah, that's a downer. Would certainly like to get Tennis on the PC as well.

Also, racing coming to Mac? They should port it to the Wii-U eventually as a budget title.

Smilax

Is there any news about a patch to fix the boost challenge and the party games? Tried playing the party games today, it was pretty hilarious watching my brother and I fall down all the time.

Kokonoe

Banned
Is there any news about a patch to fix the boost challenge and the party games? Tried playing the party games today, it was pretty hilarious watching my brother and I fall down all the time.

It should be out soon, it's going through Nintendo right now. If you want to get past the boost obstacles for the time being, lose 4 times on "Easy" setting and it'll give you the option to skip.

Smilax

It should be out soon, it's going through Nintendo right now. If you want to get past the boost obstacles for the time being, lose 4 times on "Easy" setting and it'll give you the option to skip.

You just blew my mind. I didn't think this game would have a skip option like that. Thanks for the tip! Now I can unlock more characters. :D Thank you very much!

Backflip

I just noticed that there is an achievement problem on my copy of the game. The most basic achievements haven't unlocked even though I have unlocked the stickers that go with them and have now unlocked far more complicated achievements. Is there a plan to fix this issue?

Backflip

So, I just won a public game and the achievement didn't unlock. I think that's the fifth achievement that hasn't unlocked properly.

Tizoc

So, I just won a public game and the achievement didn't unlock. I think that's the fifth achievement that hasn't unlocked properly.

Did you get an update for the game on 360? There was a patch released for the PS3 ver. that fixes Trophy issues.

Speaking of which, how do you get the 'Do 10 Stunt combos in one race' Trophy/Ach.?

Backflip

Did you get an update for the game on 360? There was a patch released for the PS3 ver. that fixes Trophy issues.

Speaking of which, how do you get the 'Do 10 Stunt combos in one race' Trophy/Ach.?

I got an update on launch day but that was before I played my first game.

A tip for anybody struggling with Expert races; if you get an All-Star move, hang onto it until the second half of the last lap. Because there's rubberbanding AI, if you use it to build a large lead in the first or second lap, the AI will have plenty of time to catch up. I tend to hold onto it, and just do as well as I can; I find that the AI rarely gets so far ahead that an All-Star won't let me catch up on the last lap.

soultron

Banned
Just watched GT review and this actually looks really great. I may or may not be saying that just because Beat is in the game. c:

Berordn

Any time you do more than one stunt in midair, that's a stunt combo. A track like Seasonal Shrines or Samba Studios works well for that.

Shit...I didn't know about the bug with the game update. I already updated my game. Surely there's a fix in the works, right?

S0L posted a bit back that it's already at Nintendo, so presumably they're just waiting for them to roll it out.

Boogiepop

Since it seems unlikely the patch will go live today at this point: what exactly is broken on the WiiU version, multiplayer-wise? Having some people over today and we'll likely play some of this.

Berordn

Since it seems unlikely the patch will go live today at this point: what exactly is broken on the WiiU version, multiplayer-wise? Having some people over today and we'll likely play some of this.

The Wii U exclusive minigames have a bug where the gamepad player wins immediately after the game starts. World Tour can be played splitscreen, so the boost challenge bug still applies there too, though the "fail four times on C rank" bypass will still let you move on.

Boogiepop

Also... I just passed the Golden Axe Boost challenge on easy. Is it patched, or was that one never broken? It was pretty tight (took a bit over one lap around the course and I only had a few seconds left), but it was actually doable.

haikira

Hey guys. About to head out and try and grab a copy. Would you guys recommend 360 or PS3? Or is it just down to which controller i prefer?

Kokonoe

Banned
Hey guys. About to head out and try and grab a copy. Would you guys recommend 360 or PS3? Or is it just down to which controller i prefer?

360 might have more players but I don't really know that myself. I know the first game in the series was most popular on 360.

I'd suggest getting the one which lets you use the controller you prefer.

Tizoc

Any time you do more than one stunt in midair, that's a stunt combo. A track like Seasonal Shrines or Samba Studios works well for that.

Hmm do I also have to not fail any of the Stuns? As in it has to be 10 stunt combos in a row?
Because I tried doing this in the NiGHTS stage at the last water section but it didn't pop up.
Speaking of which, I can't seem to get the NiGHTS/Reala trophy to pop up and I've tried a few times always going through the rings.

B-Dex

Hmm do I also have to not fail any of the Stuns? As in it has to be 10 stunt combos in a row?
Because I tried doing this in the NiGHTS stage at the last water section but it didn't pop up.
Speaking of which, I can't seem to get the NiGHTS/Reala trophy to pop up and I've tried a few times always going through the rings.

Samba Studios TT. Lots of jumps/ramps and you can leave after you unlock the sticker.

iavi

Wtf Sega. Give us some info on the PC version. All this fun being had in here is killing me cause I want to buy the game but can't.

The idea that its supposedly finished but being sat on only makes it worse.

Anybody else having problems with the rumble on 360? It's been several times now that the vibration actually locked in the controller, I had to plug out and in the controller again to make it stop.

Anybody else having problems with the rumble on 360? It's been several times now that the vibration actually locked in the controller, I had to plug out and in the controller again to make it stop.

Yes, it happened to my friend before. Dunno why. I normally don't have my rumble on but I'll have to see if it happens to me too.

Picked this up today and can't stop playing :D
Really having a great time. I was a bit disappointed in the demo but the full game is soooo much better. It just keeps on giving.

Sydle

Despite the Billy Hatcher course I love this game. Looking forward to DLC and Sumo continuing the series into next gen.

Kokonoe

Banned

Other people (including me) have been having this issue on the 360 version. It happened to me after a race, it appears to be an issue with the game.

Backflip

I've encountered a number of bugs in the 360 version of the game: controller that doesn't stop vibrating, achievements that don't unlock, character that doesn't appear on the screen at the start of a race, and more...

I've encountered a number of bugs in the 360 version of the game: controller that doesn't stop vibrating, achievements that don't unlock, character that doesn't appear on the screen at the start of a race, and more...

I thought that controller vibration thing was just my pad... it did it around 4 times last night in the couple of hours I played. It vibrates from when you end the race until you start the next one. :S

On the backside of the box it says: '25 ongelofelijke circuits' ( 25 awesome tracks that is...in Dutch :D ). But in the OT it says 20 tracks? Is there something I've missed ?

hm. on wii u. the game started to mess up. the local party games spawn are broke the banana heist doesn't work., then the wii u shut down by itself twice.

Top Bottom