• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Boom Street Date (and fans' hearts) Broken

Nanashrew

Banned
What was even the point of this re-imagining?
The game looks like garbage, the animated series was screwed by Cartoon Network (6 in the morning? Are you kidding?), I just don't get it.

Yeah, 6am is a terrible slot but Cartoon Network is like the only place left for Saturday morning cartoons so the schedule is swamped.

eojoko

Not the Wii U game, but I liked the demo on 3DS. And the Sonic Boom TV show was funny enough.

I think Sonic games being bad is a self-fulfilling prophecy. If only everyone could just forget the last 20 or so years of what Sonic has become and just see it with no preconceptions. Who knows though, maybe it really is bad.

Betty

Banned
Oh god they don't shut up, ever, there's not a single lull in the dialogue while playing, that would irritate the hell out of me if I actually felt sad enough to buy this.

Peff

UqBPLu9.png

dot dot dot

Zero²

Doesnt seem that bad... I feel this game would do really better without the Sonic name attached to it, but it might be just me...

Neff

I know it shouldn't, but it's going to sting when this sells better than Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101 and Tropical Freeze put together.

JordanN

Banned
The only positive is they made Amy a strong female character.

In the past games, she always felt useless or too dependent on Sonic.

Tagg9

Not sure why anyone would care about this game. If you thought Sonic Lost World was bad, prepare for a new level of mediocrity.

Anion

I was thinking of buying this for my sister since she is a huge sonic fan. Although I'm still buying it no matter what cause it will make her happy nonetheless lol, I hope it actually is good

Remember one of Giantbomb crew mentioned how shit it was at the trade show and the OP just confirmed it. Look like abusolute waste of resource.

Nanashrew

Banned
Knuckles is my favorite character but I have no problem with the changes to his personality. He was always naive of the world and very gullible. This game just takes them to extremes and this also doesn't even take place in the same world or dimension of the other Sonic games.

Well, the sonic cycle continues I see.

There was never a point where this looked promising though.
Aww, I thought GAF would know my stance on Lost World's design by now.

TL;DR: Excellent game potential, horribly lacking execution; needs a second take like what Colors was to Unleashed.
It definitely had potential but it seemed like they were trying to channel Mario Galaxy and failed horribly.

Canucked

Ugh, the guys playing this game are painful to listen to. Yeah...nipples are super funny...

Game looks like a generic character action game.

PaulloDEC

Something that's always bothered me about 3D Sonic games: why is it so common for racing games to deliver smooth control at high speed, while the Sonic games always seem like a twitchy, hair-trigger mess in the same circumstances?

Top Bottom