• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Forces |OT|- Nothin personnel, kid

I don’t know if I should cancel my preorder I loved every sonic game expect for heroes and unleashed...

Edit: oh and shadow but no one likes that!

MarcelDG88

Neo Member

My first post on gaf :)
Why was the footage of the switch version full of compression artifacts? You are not going to tell me that they just ripped some youtube vids and did a comparison (i hope)

Even the hud text is noticeably blurrier than even the xbox one version(also runs in 720p), that especially noticeable in the screens posted on the digital foundry section of the eurogamer site.

Blam

My first post on gaf :)
Why was the footage of the switch version full of compression artifacts? You are not going to tell me that they just ripped some youtube vids and did a comparison (i hope)

Even the hud text is noticeably blurrier that even the xbox one version(also runs in 720p), that especially noticeable in the screens posted on the digital foundry section of the eurogamer site.

I wanna say their capture is fucked up, my switch version is coming in today so I can hopefully debunk it being that buggy

GeekyDad

As long as people are interested in Sonic games yeah. But that also surprises me since Sonic hasn't seen anything new since Adventures. Correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't really been up to date on the Sonic releases for the assumption I just made.

Seems like people are really interested in the good ol' Sonic and that's why people like Mania. So my guess is that a Super Mario Maker kind of game would be the golden ticket for the Sonic Team.

That would actually interest me in Sonic a lot more than I ever have been in the past.

That being said, I think younger audiences are still finding these 3D adventure Sonics a lot of fun. I think back to my kids playing Sonic Heroes on GCN. My kids were ages 5-9 at the time, and they seemed to really enjoy that game. My youngest, especially, would spend hours with it and was really good at it.

My point is, I think from our vantage it's easy to underestimate and overlook the power of the very young audience and the power their persuasion has over Walmart-shopping parents. That's a viewpoint a lot of us probably don't notice a lot of the time. But I'm sure Sega does.

Ristifer

How many times are we going to have to go through games with these pathetic one-liners dominating the dialogue? It honestly gets on my nerves.

"Something something to you, Eggman!"
"Only if we team up to something something!"
"Oh no! We can't let Eggman something something, Sonic!"
"Then we'll fight back with all of our something something!"

From the TSS review:
07-11-2017_03-57-20-1024x576.png

Even kids must cringe at this shit over and over and over again.

cireza

How many times are we going to have to go through games with these pathetic one-liners dominating the dialogue? It honestly gets on my nerves.

"Something something to you, Eggman!"
"Only if we team up to something something!"
"Oh no! We can't let Eggman something something, Sonic!"
"Then we'll fight back with all of our something something!"

From the TSS review:
07-11-2017_03-57-20-1024x576.png

Even kids must cringe at this shit over and over and over again.
Options -> Radio -> Off.

Unknown?

Meager Xbox x improvements? Aisde from the 1080p stages, it runs at 1800p while the pro is 1080p at the highest.. same as vanilla ps4.. DF said the 1080 stage(s) on the X are probably a bug
Not many run at 1800p though and it’s not even resolution as it has other problems. Obviously they didn’t spend much of any time optimizing either console. The Pro could easily handle 1440p or 1800c. Heck I bet it could do 2160c if optimized properly.

Top Bottom