• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic movie is a tie-in to upcoming game plus plot details leaked!

Unknown?

movie6.jpg

Looks like some details got leaked about the upcoming Sonic movie and future game! Some notable tidbits from the article:
The team at Paramount has decided to write our own unique story that hasn't been used before in the franchise. This helps to not impede on our artistic freedom. Fans may anticipate a traditional origin story where Sonic comes from his own world but Sonic was not transported into the human world, he was always a part of the human world
the game will use the same character model for Sonic that has been shown from the movie leaks.
frame-rate will be capped at a solid 30fps with only minor drops during levels with water. Schmortega claims that Sega is no longer targeting 60fps as gamers only are interested in eye candy according to their internal surveys.
https://www.sonichq.net/article/Sonic-movie-tie-in-to-upcoming-game-plot-details

Stuart360

'Schmortega claims that Sega is no longer targeting 60fps as gamers only are interested in eye candy according to their internal surveys.'

giphy.gif

Shifty

Whew, close one. I was on the edge of posting he_cant_keep_getting_away_with_it.gif until the framerate part.
I feel like that particular part of the devspeak zeitgeist has kinda passed.

Didn't get got just yet :messenger_sunglasses:

Last edited:

Daniel Thomas MacInnes

GAF's Resident Saturn Omnibus
So we can't even hit a steady 30fps in today's videogames? Really?

I feel like everybody owes Sega one hell of an apology for piling on the Saturn and ignoring the Dreamcast.

Top Bottom