• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 - Wii/PS3/360; downloadable episodic release - [Update: $15?]

Kulock said:
The number of boxes on the site isn't equal to the number of badniks in the game. The site doesn't list some of the ones we know about, and they just add a new box each time they put a new countdown up.
There used to be nine boxes.

Speed’s My Game
Clear SPLASH HILL ZONE ACT 1 in less than a minute. (35)
I like the achievement title :D

Anth0ny

Loving those achievements. Super Sonic confirmed is great!

But I still stand by my statement of "this isn't going to top Sonic 1 Megamix".

Meh, Super Sonic can be as game breaking as they like. That's kind of the point. My first run through the game will be done without getting all the emeralds, intentionally. Then my second run it'll be time to explore and get those emeralds and break the game with Super Sonic. I can't wait.

Playing as super sonic was the only real reason I ever had for flying through a stage in a Sonic game because of the ring counter. I remember trying to fly through the Metropolis and Flying Fortress zones in Sonic 2 for the long sequences where you can't collect rings but had to beat a boss.

Zen

Banned
Scullibundo said:
Can't wait for the meltdown when they reveal Super Sonic has Rush's speed burst move.

As long as it was only Super Sonic, that wouldn't be so bad, actually. :lol I mean, fuck, Super Sonic can already freaking fly according to Sonic 3. :lol

Now if Super Sonic was a mandatory character play through as part of the main game and NOT a reward for obtaining all of the emeralds+ Necessary rings, that would be a problem.

I'm glad there are more than 4 levels per episode now. Sounds like it's gonna be a full game after all. Maybe there are actually some original levels.

Upsidedown Fuji said:
Neogaf you so funny!

The mood here changes like the daily tides.

I expect the nitpicking of the achievements to begin shortly. :D

GRR ARGH CLEAR SPLASH HILL ZONE IN ONLY ONE MINUTE? THE GAME'S A SONIC RUSH SPEEDFEST

CLEAR E.G.G. STATION WITHOUT GETTING HIT? OH MAN ALL THE CHEAP HITS FROM SONIC ADVANCE 2 AND 3 ARE BACK

WHAT THE HELL THIS IS THE WORST GAME EVER

Sega never gave their old megadrive sonic re-releases any hard achievements but that list doesn't sound too shabby, watch as most sonic fans will net them in 1 to 2 days. I also like how it confirms super sonic in all stages.

I will not mind if super sonic has the boost since you got to get into super mode to use it, plus in sonic 2 and 3 he was pretty quick anyway for those kind of levels especially emerald hill where he could run across both acts in under 30 seconds easily. long as they make him look good and do the classic running lean thing at high speed.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Super Sonic in all levels, finally. I've been waiting for that for so long.

Also, What is Egg Station? What game did that show up in? Is it like the Death Egg zone?

RobbieNick

"Hey guys!! We're doing Sonic 4!"

Booo!!! You're using modern Sonic! Why old Badniks?!! Re-hash!! There's Rush physics from a 30 second alpha video! I can tell!! Booooo!!

"Here's the achievements..."

Playable Super Sonic! Yaaaayyy!

GAF: More mood swings than a bitch on her time of the month.:lol

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
RobbieNick said:

Booo!!! You're using modern Sonic! Why old Badniks?!! Re-hash!! There's Rush physics from a 30 second alpha video! I can tell!! Booooo!!

GAf: More mood swings than a bitch on her time of the month.:lol
:lol

Ten-Song

RobbieNick said:

The only people that have been super joyous about it seem to have been people that were already excited for the game anyways, I don't see where this is coming from...

I see it as a good sign myself, but still will reserve judgment on the game. Though in regards to all the things they seem to have changed/fucked up with this game while calling it Sonic 4, at the very least, after a goddamn decade, they figured out how to get Super Sonic implemented correctly.

Lets swing it back then. Full Achievement List already suggests the game is pretty much complete as suspected, which means the "ITS ONLY ALPHA!!!!" excuse begins to flake away.

The recipe is all here for a classic Sonic, but its being made by shitty chefs.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
SecretBonusPoint said:
Lets swing it back then. Full Achievement List already suggests the game is pretty much complete as suspected, which means the "ITS ONLY ALPHA!!!!" excuse begins to flake away.

The recipe is all here for a classic Sonic, but its being made by shitty chefs.

I really hope those jump physics aren't as bad as they look.

Blueblur1

I really hope it doesn't play like that leaked video demonstrated. It's the kind of thing you would expect them to not fuck up even if it's not the same movement physics from the Genesis games.

Iknos

RobbieNick said:

How do 3 responses suddenly equal the entire forum?

Super Sonic in this game is a bad thing.

It's not even the full game and you get access to all the Emeralds? That is bullshit.

This game is bullshit. :lol

And that achievement basically reads:
You got 50 rings in each level!

How is that an "achievement"?

This game is ridiculous.

Big One

Banned
Iknos said:

It's not even the full game and you get access to all the Emeralds? That is bullshit.

This is by far the worst post in this thread. You've done it guys.

Ten-Song

Iknos said:

This game is ridiculous.

And this kids, is called "the opposite extreme." It is just as stupid and pointless as the thing is opposes.

Teknoman

Iknos said:

This game is ridiculous.

Each episode is a full game.

...physics better not be busted.

Iknos

RobbieNick said:
Did...did you just insult yourself?

Don't know what you're trying to say here but I was just balancing out the excitement for SuperSonic. Nothing more nothing less.

How does adding SuperSonic make the game any better? It doesn't fix the poor controls or physics or graphics.

I think it's neat...sorta. If this is an episodic game it doesn't really make sense because then we'll have SuperSonic ready for all Episode 2 levels.

Honestly don't care too much because the game is still broken. I'm more interested in hearing that the game got fixed for even canceled.

Big One

Banned
Iknos said:
How does adding SuperSonic make the game any better? It doesn't fix the poor controls or physics or graphics.

I think it's neat...sorta. If this is an episodic game it doesn't really make sense because then we'll have SuperSonic ready for all Episode 2 levels.
Each episode is supposed to have seven zones, and the Super Sonic achievement reassures that. Everyone is excited by that rather than the inclusion of Super Sonic, and to complain about his inclusion when he was a staple of the best Sonic games is just pure ass.

RobbieNick

Iknos said:
Don't know what you're trying to say here but I was just balancing out the excitement for SuperSonic. Nothing more nothing less.

Honestly don't care too much because the game is still broken. I'm more interested in hearing that the game got fixed for even canceled.

Not about that. I'm saying you called your own post "a joke" go re-read those posts.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I was reading this thread until I found myself waking up in front of my monitor with a piercing headache.

A migraine? I thought.

No, it couldn't be.

2 weeks later I died of a brain hemorrhage. That's how it works.

Iknos

RobbieNick said:
Not about that. I'm saying you called your own post "a joke" go re-read those posts.

The post contained a joke. Didn't say I was a joke poster.

See how that's different?

f-castrillo

Neo Member
Big One said:
Each episode is supposed to have seven zones, and the Super Sonic achievement reassures that. Everyone is excited by that rather than the inclusion of Super Sonic, and to complain about his inclusion when he was a staple of the best Sonic games is just pure ass.
If Special Stages are reached in the same way as Sonic 3 & Knuckles, then they could get away with 5 zones as long as they litter each zone/act with lots of hidden giant rings.

Wait...I forgot about each zone having 2-3 acts... nevermind.:lol

Iknos said:

We don't know how each episode will start yet, they could even go with a metroidvania lose-all-powers method, hell, sonic 3 does it when knuckles pops up.

I don't think each episode is just a level DLC pack but it's own set of act's as an adventure, too early to say exactly what their plan it.

When you play Sonic 3 & Knuckles, they strip you of your Super Sonic abilities when you begin the S&K part. That is, IF you decide to cash in your emeralds at the emerald chamber.

Zen

Banned
I hope they 'fix' the physics. Honestly that's all they'd have to do and I'd be on board.
Who am I kidding? I'm probably buying it no matter what. :\

Top Bottom