• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread |OT3 & Knuckles|

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Considering you made me play Sonic 06 last time, it totally is horrible. :p

(i was told that i was 'loopy', so yeah, i guess I'm more than a little buzzed atm.)

OMG Aero

I think I beat the game.

iEB0Kvsp2m1pf.jpg
Looks like you have fallen into one of Robotnik's deadly speed traps.

OMG Aero

Important question about Lost World that I will use to determine whether it is a good game or not:
Is there an equivalent of long jumping around a small planetoid in Mario Galaxy and having gravity keep you from touching the ground?

Tizoc

Happy new year everyone =)

So I put my order for the new laptop which should arrive in a week or two and now I have 5 night shifts starting tomorrow on the 2nd =V

Sciz

SonicGAF's Song of the Day - #97
Remix Spotlight!

Song: Sonic & Knuckles Theme
Game: Sonic & Knuckles
Album: Virtual Sonic
Composed and Arranged by: Howard Drossin

There's also only one way to ring a new year in. Like the spinball theme, I love how much Drossin managed to stretch out a simple title jingle. If this'd been written for a modern Sonic game I like to think they would've thrown the whole thing in just because, but alas.

SonicGAF's Song of the Day - #97
Remix Spotlight!

Song: Sonic & Knuckles Theme
Game: Sonic & Knuckles
Album: Virtual Sonic
Composed and Arranged by: Howard Drossin

There's also only one way to ring a new year in. Like the spinball theme, I love how much Drossin managed to stretch out a simple title jingle. If this'd been written for a modern Sonic game I like to think they would've thrown the whole thing in just because, but alas.
Boy oh boy does this sound familiar

RIP Uncle Shredder.
RIP Uncle Funkle :(

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
God, I'm so bummed. The last thing I saw James Avery on was The Young and the Restless when he was playing a judge, a role I'm very familiar with him playing.

If you're familiar with Hulk Hogan's Rock 'n' Wrestling, he was Junkyard Dog in that.

With that said, that isn't something I wanted to wake up to. I grew up hearing his voice for years and years.

God, I'm so bummed. The last thing I saw James Avery on was The Young and the Restless when he was playing a judge, a role I'm very familiar with him playing.

If you're familiar with Hulk Hogan's Rock 'n' Wrestling, he was Junkyard Dog in that.

With that said, that isn't something I wanted to wake up to. I grew up hearing his voice for years and years.

Same here. I always imagined what it would be like to have him as a father growing up.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
My dad could be like that sometimes, lol. The way Uncle Phil was with Ashley moreso was kinda like how dad is with me.

It's stuff like that that makes me feel old, even though he was only 65 68 (wiki/imdb/tmz's wroooong) when he died from open heart surgery. My dad had a heart attack in 2010, so it's just like something to think about because dad's not that much younger.

TheOGB

Banned
I certainly had a moment after hearing that this morning. Still a little bummed. Uncle Phil was the fucking best.

Fucking hell, my dad turns 65 this April ;_;

Anth0ny

Happy New Years everyone :)

The James Avery news really hurts. Uncle Phil is probably the best TV dad ever when it comes to serious, powerful moments. That dude was amazing, and incredibly believable. I cracked open my Fresh Prince season 1 DVD literally 4 days ago and he gave an amazing performance in the very first episode of the show. It was great! He would have a ton of those moments in the series, and is easily the best character on the show alongside Will and Carlton.

He will be missed. RIP James Avery.

Aww yeah, me and a few friends played some Sonic 2 for our new years' celebration. We ended up beating the whole game as well as grabbing all the chaos emeralds (two players sure helps). It was a load of fun and enjoyable for everyone in large part due to the music - everyone was being all silly while singing along to the tracks. Many laughs were had!

BlackJace

Almost done with GOTY posts.

I also randomly decided to play Heroes today.

Final Fortress has to be the coolest zone from a design standpoint, but horribly, horribly executed.

"IS THAT A LASER SONIC?"

AniHawk

trying to get through ys and wonderful 101 simultaneously. both are the same length but w101 seems like it goes on forever. i've both for about five hours each and ys is mindless dumb stuff but i'm liking it more than w101.

PKrockin

You're right Schala, Xillia's EX Dungeon is a pain in the ass. It's just 20 floors of recycled maps with nothing unique. I ended up just making a beeline for each portal. And I finally beat the Golden Mage Knight, which in itself took me 45 minutes. Took me five months but now I can finish up Sonic Lost World because I'm finally done with Tales of Xillia.
until the Milla playthrough

Let's see how hard Lost World gets. I have like 30 lives right now and I'm just starting Sky Road.

Guess Who

Banned
Like I mentioned in the thread, it's really not as bad as those screenshots imply because you get hella rings through normal gameplay. I've just played through the first tour in World Tour mode and racked up nearly 20k, didn't spend a penny on microtransactions.

That said, it's certainly no replacement for the Vita version as far as being the definitive portable edition.

Dereck

Does anyone know where I can find most of the Wave Master Studios composers group photo? I've seen it somewhere, I don't remember.

OMG Aero

So after seeing and participating in this thread, I was wondering what SonicGAF's opinion is on the money-hungry iOS take of ASRT. I think it's a damned shame.
Disappointed but not surprised.
Sonic Jump was my go to game whenever I had a break at work, so I was excited to play Sonic Dash when I finally got a device that could run it.
I deleted that game as soon as I saw that it was giving me a video ad every single time I went to the options menu.

So after seeing and participating in this thread, I was wondering what SonicGAF's opinion is on the money-hungry iOS take of ASRT. I think it's a damned shame.

Disappointed but not surprised.
Sonic Jump was my go to game whenever I had a break at work, so I was excited to play Sonic Dash when I finally got a device that could run it.
I deleted that game as soon as I saw that it was giving me a video ad every single time I went to the options menu.
THE FUTURE OF GAMING

This is why I really hope all those "everyone needs to go iOS" analysts are way off the mark. Not that in-game purchases can't be done outside of that infrastructure, or that full, proper games without IAPs can't be done on mobile, but they're much more common on mobile than they are off it. (Plus, I can't help but think a lot of those analysts are Apple fanboys or some shit like that...)

Also, Sega kinda needs to stop making you pay for games that treat you like you picked up a F2P game. Good gravy.

Sciz

SonicGAF's Song of the Day - #98

Song: Sea Gate
Game: Sonic Heroes
Composer: Jun Senoue

Guitars: Jun Senoue
Bass: Takeshi Taneda
Drums: Toru Kawamura

Perhaps better titled Seaside Hill Act 0. It's easy to mistake one for the other, as the style is the same, the structure is the same, and the two share a few bars in a couple spots. But overall they're not the same notes, not the same song. What's more galling about both versions is how Senoue was aware that the melody wasn't catchy enough to be looped every minute, but instead of writing more music, he looped the songs without the melody at all. In a better world he would've had the presence of mind to axe the back half of both songs and staple what was left together into one complete piece, but like everything else about this game, the final product is half-baked and laden with unrealized potential.

Razzer

SonicGAF's Song of the Day - #98

Song: Sea Gate
Game: Sonic Heroes
Composer: Jun Senoue

Guitars: Jun Senoue
Bass: Takeshi Taneda
Drums: Toru Kawamura

This is how to Jump!

This is how to attack!

This is the dash!

These are switch gates!

Blah Blah Blah!

Blah Blah Blah!

Fuck you Omochao.

Tizoc

I just started Xillia 1, playing as Jude but only am at the very start at the hospital college place. Hope battles start soon, I seem to prefer my RPGs when they start with a battle like FF9 and FF7 for example.

Top Bottom