• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread |OT3 & Knuckles|

Maedhros

I'm sure you guys have already discussed Green Hill Paradise Act 2 but I need to see some opinions because my mind is blown! This is like everything I want out of 3D Sonic! I mean like holy smokes please tell me everyone else is head over heels for it as I am? I could do more with Sonic rolling into an actual ball but all that momentum based gameplay!

Lets talk about this guys please!!!!

I understand Sega took notice of this. At least the social media guys anyway, I just hope this gets a ton of attention and they move towards a future like this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0IsSeE_ckI

Hopefully they don't take the wrong notes from this.

This doesn't looks particulary strong in any area. I really hate the idea of Open World Sonic so I don't want to see this as standard at all.

Tizoc

Somebody link me to the latest footage+write ups on Sonic Boom 3DS 2 please.
I'll be making the OT since HUELEN is banned atm.

tumblr_o4030rE8b81urx9myo1_1280.png

nded

I'm sure you guys have already discussed Green Hill Paradise Act 2 but I need to see some opinions because my mind is blown! This is like everything I want out of 3D Sonic! I mean like holy smokes please tell me everyone else is head over heels for it as I am? I could do more with Sonic rolling into an actual ball but all that momentum based gameplay!

Lets talk about this guys please!!!!

I understand Sega took notice of this. At least the social media guys anyway, I just hope this gets a ton of attention and they move towards a future like this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0IsSeE_ckI

Pretty rough looking, but a decent proof of concept for giving the Adventure style finer controls and fewer on-rails stuff. Toning down the moon gravity and adding more satisfying physics simulation would do a lot for this, I think.

So since I trust yall more than Gaming side, I feel safe asking my question here: what's the general consensus on Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time? I heard it's not as good as SS, but I don't know why.

RK128

So since I trust yall more than Gaming side, I feel safe asking my question here: what's the general consensus on Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time? I heard it's not as good as SS, but I don't know why.

Its a game that is quite enjoyable with everything Super Star Saga did (great characters, writing, gameplay, ect) but the biggest issue is that the puzzles got very stale after 1-2 hours in.

Due to the Baby Mario/Luigi mechanic (X/Y Buttons), puzzles had very samey solutions and thus, exploration got old fast. However, that didn't stop it from being a good RPG. Just not one of the strongest of the Mario & Luigi series.

The order other best/worse games in the series is this (they are all great/good games though!)
Superstar Saga - Bowser's Inside Story - Dream Team - Partners in Time - Paper Jam

Village

Bowsers inside story is my fav tbh

Just gonna go ahead and post this gem from the Overwatch art thread, lmao
Whats funny is, in attitude shadows actually both of those characters. 76 more than reaper even. Its still funny though. Like the faker idea, though I would have went
"There's no time to play games"
"Wheres that damned..."
Or
"This is the ultimate power" when using his ult
Or
the classic "im the coolest"

But enough of that more of Ken Penders Actively embarassing himself with actual professionals and veterans in the industry he claims to be in. They don't understand his genius

Falk

that puzzling face
1FfCheT.jpg

Sanic at TGS.

Advertising is all-out for Yakuza 6.

APA Hotel next door had a giant picture stuck on the floor.

Weaker for a ton of reasons to me..

- Adding the babies starts detracting from the gameplay. Outside of battles it mostly just has the characters splitting up to hit blocks on opposite side of the map and just dividing the previous abilities across 2 more characters
- In battles it can start getting a bit too fiddly when one of the pros of SS was simplicity
- Bros items make their debut and with it comes overly long special moves that drag out battles, plus for like 75% of the game Cannonballers>>>All
(also PAL version gave enemies extra health for some reason)
- Segmented world design makes it less adventurous and linear, doesn't tend to offer much outside the main game.
- Enemies palette swap a lot more, thus less battle variety
- In general plot and writing isn't nearly as interesting or sharp, BY BOOGITY, LAUGH DAMMIT!

All I know is that she already has tons of fan art for two reasons that the art above make plainly obvious - two reasons that said fan artists love to exaggerate even further.

Anth0ny

I still can't believe Sonic Mania is a thing.

I've legit been saying since Megaman 9 was announced that "they should just make a Sonic 4 with Genesis graphics/physics"

this is probably the most excited I've been for a sanic game since post Adventure 2/pre-Heroes hype.

TreIII

I still can't believe Sonic Mania is a thing.

I've legit been saying since Megaman 9 was announced that "they should just make a Sonic 4 with Genesis graphics/physics"

this is probably the most excited I've been for a sanic game since post Adventure 2/pre-Heroes hype.

You and me both. I still find myself having to watch a vid here and there to make sure it's all still real!

After having to make do with so many years of Dimps-style 2D games and Classic Sonic's sections in Generations just not doing it for me as much as I hoped, it's just so...so very nice to see this happen.

RubyEclipse

Sega of America
According to the stream interview, there's actually three Iizuka shirts in the commercial, each one looking progressively happier as the commercial goes on.

That's correct. :) One is the original, the other is photoshopped with a slight smile, and the third is photoshopped with a big grin, which Hoshino-san actually pulled from another photo of Iizuka-san. It was amazing watching him make these in secret the day before the video shoot.

Top Bottom