• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Bend: Story Is a Huge Part of Days Gone; Having Infected Instead of Zombies Is a Huge Difference.

Breakage

Days Gone has big zombie hordes that run. I don't think we have seen that in a game before. I might be wrong. Dead Rising had a lot of zombies on the screen but they don't run.
So supposedly terrifying zombies are reduced to cannon fodder. This is essentially the Dynasty Warriors of zombie games – doesn't sound very scary to me.

Last edited:

Whitecrow

Banned
That's true at a base level, but I think it's more noticeable in games with zombies. I mean just do an image search for Days Gone. There is nothing that makes it stand out; it has that same worn-out look and feel of zombie games that have come before. It's as if they haven't even bothered to shake things up.

I see your point. I didnt play too many single player zombies tho.
But lets wait how this plays out, you'd never know where the surprises may come from.

For me, as long as there's an interesting story and interesting characters that drives the game, I dont care about gameplay clones or cliches.
That's why I keep some faith in this one.

Never insinuated that. The writer's explanation seemed extremely child-like and unprofessional.

Oh sorry then, I misinterpreted what you said. But yeah, on that account you're right, it feels a bit immature to throw shit under the bus while comparing yourself to a bonafide classic as a PR move.

Futaleufu

Days Gone has big zombie hordes that run. I don't think we have seen that in a game before. I might be wrong. Dead Rising had a lot of zombies on the screen but they don't run.

Left 4 Dead?

tumblr_n9dvw6yhGm1qh59n0o3_500.png

Top Bottom