• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2015 Press Conference Dated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ouch. My one's not too bad, just a really early start, 4:30AM to 3PM. I usually don't mind missing the start of Microsoft's conference though, even if it only gets me an extra 20 minutes sleep.

Well, it's not as bad as it sounds, really. Normally I get myself a 4-5 hour power nap from 6pm to 11pm before the conferences start to activate my night owl mode.

Then I open multiple tabs of 4chan, NeoGAF, IRC channels, get my snacks out and begin the annual self-destructive day aka E3 conference stretch.

Plus between Ubisoft & Sony, I get some rest too. Ubisoft conferences don't generate a lot of drama, so there's rarely a need to experience the post-conference reaction to Ubisoft's show.

'Too many pages.. a little recap of what we can expect ?

■

great news for TLG fans

Please just reconfirm TLG will be at E3.....yes or no?

yes, and stop asking who i'm it's the most dumb question.

I'd really like to know. PM me.

Hmm.

Okay then.

FWIW there are a lot of rumblings about the game showing up that I heard as well. But like anything, things can change - even super last minute. But I do think it'll finally resurface this year. It's been pushed back several times already.

I think this year will be good - something for everyone for the most part. I'm excited for the renewed Japanese presence.

Star Ocean 5 and DQ Heroes are expected at e3 aswell

Shinobi on Bends new game.
As far as I'm aware, more...TLOU'ish.

■

I would really like to see a strong Japanese showing at Sony's conference, not sure it will happen...

Don't lose faith so fast.

I think that was everything notable said.

Being legit also doesn't necessarily mean anything, tbh. (when it comes to whether or not it'll show at a conference)

I mean, in theory, those who are legit told us Horizon was technically ready-to-show at E3 last year, at least in the shape of 'concept/CGi/target render footage', yet it didn't show because reasons.

Same with Bloodborne/Project Beast. It was revealed to us by our most legit person, but it ended up being pushed to E3 instead of TGS because reasons.

And based on what Kagari has said, TLG is apparently 'ready-to-show' at many, many different occasions, but got pulled every time, obviously because of Y2Kev.

Being legit also doesn't necessarily mean anything, tbh. (when it comes to whether or not it'll show at a conference)

I mean, in theory, those who are legit told us Horizon was technically ready-to-show at E3 last year, at least in the shape of 'concept/CGi/target render footage', yet it didn't show because reasons.

Same with Bloodborne/Project Beast. It was revealed to us by our most legit person, but it ended up being pushed to E3 instead of TGS because reasons.

And based on what Kagari has said, TLG is apparently 'ready-to-show' at many, many different occasions, but got pulled every time, obviously because of Y2Kev.

May be this time sony wont pull as they have nothing big for holidays announced so far and this TLG and some game new announcements can create momentum like they have big exclusive lineup coming in 2016, so gamers can choose their console of choice this holiday to play games coming from next year instead of just playing games for holidays (we have big 3rd party games and good library already which they can play for holidays instead).

AmanoBuff

Yep

p4gv1uu8.png

Oh, come on Shu! I actually looked up to you.

No more.

Well, it's not as bad as it sounds, really. Normally I get myself a 4-5 hour power nap from 6pm to 11pm before the conferences start to activate my night owl mode.

Then I open multiple tabs of 4chan, NeoGAF, IRC channels, get my snacks out and begin the annual self-destructive day aka E3 conference stretch.

Plus between Ubisoft & Sony, I get some rest too. Ubisoft conferences don't generate a lot of drama, so there's rarely a need to experience the post-conference reaction to Ubisoft's show.

Glad to see I'm now the only one in S.E. Asia (Singapore here) who will be watching the conferences.

I actually enjoy having all Microsoft, Square and Nintendo at or near midnight. Sony is at 9 a.m. though, so I'll have to find a way to make some time.

Wait, a junior member who had info on The Last Guardian was vetted by the mods? Holy shit, this may actually be it.

Yup, but there is still a long way from being verified to actually be right about predictions. There are many 'predictions' that never came to happen and those members are no longer with us now.

What gets me more excited about TLG is actually Kagari's comment. It seems the game is finally ready for show.

But I won't believe until I see it.
Tries to control the hype......

Really not expecting much from Sony.

I expect too many 3rd party segments. I criticised Microsoft for this last generation and I'll criticise Sony for it this generation.

I'll cheer up if they announce something enticing for Xmas. Not remasters or remakes.

I've been very disappointed with Sony's AAA releases so far.

Tratorn

Other than that you have Star Ocean, Persona 5, Tales of Zestiria, Dragon Quest Heroes, etc. Then you have the multiplatform titles. The PS4 already looks like a much better console for Japanese games than the PS3 ever did.

Sorry, but that is a pretty funny statement when all the games in your list are PS3 games as well...
PS4 is getting the support earlier, yes - but only because these still sell ok on PS3 in Japan and ports to PS4 aren't too expensive. If these games do not sell well on PS4 in the west, they can lose support again because in japan PS4 is pretty much dead anyways. The start is better, but there is still a long way to say it'll have a better japanese support than the PS3 ever had.

For me it's like this, Sony will only show The Last Guardian, if people loved the MS conference. They love to counter MS. So, let's hope for a good conference of MS to get a good one from Sony.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Hey, is anyone else's Gaming Section not updating? It seems stuck at 30 minutes ago for me. It's 1:13 now, but nothing posted beyond 12:48 is updating on the main page.

Hatchtag

Banned
@Creaking:

It's not just you. Currently it's not refreshing. If you click quote, it doesn't work, and if you try to view a post from a user on your ignore list, it'll give you this error:
psQdalz.png

Also, when posting a reply, the only posts shown are posts made before ~30 min ago.

Yes, because these things are created the day of without any prior rehearsal, scheduling, or approval by corporate. Sony is so lucky to have that kind of freedom to make presentations based soley on if they feel like one uping someone, rather than the months of prior work and coordination that actual companies have to do.

Just messing with you, but seriously, the most improvisation these things ever get still happen days before, like the Boyes and Shu "sharing" video which was made two days prior and had to get approval from corporate in Japan and was still turned down for the conference, but was allowed to put up on youtube.

Edit: weird, it won't let my quote people. Any way, this "they will react to Microsoft's conference" thing has more than one post, so it it worth repeating^^

Bousf

Glad to hear about a bigger Japanese peresence. Too bad my little wish of a remastered Rogue Galaxy has basically zero chance to happen :(

Thank you Kuro-Law for the recap !

I just need The Last Guardian and Gravity Rush 2 :(

Please Shinobi, tell me something about The Last Guardian at E3 this year, just a word, give me hope !

Philippo

Every year i promise to myself to not get excited by reading insiders and mods posts, and every year i keep failing it...

Just give me all of it: Persona 5 2015 release date, FFXV, Fallout 4, SW and UC4 gameplay, indie games, lots of first parties and japanese games, heck, even TLG!

Cosmozone

TLG would make me glad. I originally bought a PS3 for it, but that obviously didn't work out. For some reason I was never in the mood for starting playing on it because of that.

hal9001

Banned
FWIW there are a lot of rumblings about the game showing up that I heard as well. But like anything, things can change - even super last minute. But I do think it'll finally resurface this year. It's been pushed back several times already.

lol.
I kind of feel like it's the boy who cried wolf at this point though. Heard so many times in the past that it was supposed to be at X event then it got pulled...
I don't know what to believe anymore.

That's the nature of it i guess. You can never predict how Sony would react.

Thanks for the notes. I'm now in the loop.

Oh wow. Great recap.

I managed to miss all of this! Excitement is building :)

Thank you Kuro-Law for the recap !

I just need The Last Guardian and Gravity Rush 2 :(

Please Shinobi, tell me something about The Last Guardian at E3 this year, just a word, give me hope !

No problem!

So japanese games we can assume will appear at sonys conference.

Persona 5
Dragon Quest Heroes
Final Fantasy 15
Level 5 Jrpg
Metal Gear Solid 5
The Last Guardian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom