• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Establishes $100 Million COVID-19 Global Relief Fund

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
Tokyo, Japan - Sony Corporation today announced the establishment of the "Sony Global Relief Fund for COVID-19," a 100 million US dollar fund to support those around the world affected by the COVID-19 virus.

Max_Po

Banned
tumblr_nzptioMJuC1rm4mpho1_1280.png

Mr Hyde

Sony, I'm in quarantine right now and I have no food. Please send 5 million dollars so that I can survive this unspeakable horror taking place before me. Thank you.

Nice gesture, not sure what is has to do with gaming.

Are we soon gonna be able to install that folding@home thing on our PS4 to help find a COVID-19 vaccine????

Geki-D

Banned
Bill Gates and His Wife did donate 100 million, technically microsoft.
Hum, no. That was in the name of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Whilst I'm sure MS will, or most likely already have donated something, it will come out of MS' funds and be in their name. Much like if you give to charity, the company you work for can't claim it was from them.

sircaw

Banned
Fantastic from Sony and before Microsoft too , super ultra fast ssd in motion.

Jokes aside, its fantastic, hope more corporations follow.

Last edited:

Shin

Banned
It probably has to do that you're the one that wrote it. :messenger_grinning_smiling:
Your nonsense aside and back to what I said, there are a handful of COVID-19 threads, but some seem more interested in games.
Or when the consoles will launch, whether they'll be pushed back, etc etc. instead of what's going on in the world ATM.
Shocking revelation, right? :messenger_face_screaming:

giphy.gif

Psykodad

Banned
It probably has to do that you're the one that wrote it. :messenger_grinning_smiling:
Your nonsense aside and back to what I said, there are a handful of COVID-19 threads, but some seem more interested in games.
Or when the consoles will launch, whether they'll be pushed back, etc etc. instead of what's going on in the world ATM.
Shocking revelation, right? :messenger_face_screaming:

giphy.gif
Says more about you if you think my posts in here were serious.

Lighten up, bruh, it's just Gaf.

Shin

Banned
Says more about you
Your last 3 posts had nothing to do with this topic, if you're not interest in what's being discussed then perhaps refrain from posting?
I think you're confusing me with your reflection, because here we are discussing a serious matter and you're acting like a clown and making stupid jokes.

Psykodad

Banned
Your last 3 posts had nothing to do with this topic, if you're not interest in what's being discussed then perhaps refrain from posting?
I think you're confusing me with your reflection, because here we are discussing a serious matter and you're acting like a clown and making stupid jokes.
Cry more.

I jokingly commended Sony for donating money and did so for MS as well.

Not my problem if you take offense to that.

Last edited:

Shin

Banned
Cry more.

We're discussing a relief fund, people are dying daily around the world but you find it amusing to act like a imbecile.
That's not crying, that's me attending you to your stupid behavior and telling you to stop as it's not a joking matter.
There's a time and place for everything, this ain't it - it is not hard to understand, well perhaps your case it is.

Ellery

That is awesome and I am glad they are doing that and others should follow given that gamers spend a lot of money right now given other external activities are on a hold so they have more for gaming.
I hope Microsoft and Nintendo do the same. They could do a sale where % of the sales are donated

Psykodad

Banned
We're discussing a relief fund, people are dying daily around the world but you find it amusing to act like a imbecile.
That's not crying, that's me attending you to your stupid behavior and telling you to stop as it's not a joking matter.
There's a time and place for everything, this ain't it - it is not hard to understand, well perhaps your case it is.
Who are you to decide what is the right time for a more lighthearted reply?

All I'm saying is that it's good to see major companies donating money, with all the billions they make.
Time to give back to the people.

Obviously it's good that any company does it, but if my posts offend you, maybe you should move over to Era.

Last edited:

CuNi

I'm glad companies are trying to somewhat help, but we should all also not forget that not only can they get some of this cash back from tax relief for donating money to charities but it's also good PR too!
Not saying they shouldn't be doing it. Honestly, I see it as a win for everybody. Company gets good PR and some cash back and the world get's some well needed funds.

Come on Microsoft!

For those wanting to bash MS for not giving 'enough' so far, remember they're not laying off any of their 120K FTE or 100K contractors during this time. That's a big deal.

Last edited:
Top Bottom