• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony GDC 2010 Press Conference (PS Move, PSWii Sports, PSWii Boxing, PSWii Party)

Raist

Banned
Hmm... I've been watching the SOCOM4 on-stage demo again, and I dunno why most hands-on reported that you have to stick the cursor to the edge of the screen to move the camera, because in many instances he didn't have to do that. Weird.

Konosuke

In the new Kevin Butler video (awesome btw), the dude playing SOCOM4 makes a grenade throwing movement with the Submove. Is it just for show?

Banned
The new Share feature is amazing on the PSblog. SCE have come SUCH a long way since launch. They actually seem like they're interested in what we have to say. Which makes sense really. Good to see for sure. Wish more companies did it.

lupinko

Jaruru said:
who needs a controller
hands are the guns
I got buttons
phew phew phew

got tired of these, they've said enough 4 years ago about these "gimmicks". can't believe they're fighting for the 2nd place by implementing this after all these years. good job their R&Copy team

2lm59b8.jpg

Mirimar

Byakuya769 said:
Who the fuck is voting "no" on that one!?!

There's something weird about that whole shareblog thing. EVERY single suggestion has more downvotes than upvotes. Not a one has more upvotes despite some of them being valid features people would want.

spwolf

Mirimar said:
There's something weird about that whole shareblog thing. EVERY single suggestion has more downvotes than upvotes. Not a one has more upvotes despite some of them being valid features people would want.

reading 101: its upvotes vs totalvotes.

Baki

At their GDC press conference, Sony announced that they will be selling a bundle consisting of a PlayStation Eye, a PlayStation Move and a motion-controlled game. Kyle Shubel, managing producer at Sony has now clarified what was meant by that stating that there will be "several bundles."

"We are going to have several bundles that encompass the major tiers. For example, if you're looking at SOCOM being a hardcore game, and Eyepet being a family game, and Move party being a social game, those may be the three bundles," said Shubel.

He was quick to note that these were not the exact details regarding the bundles, but that there will be bundles which appeal to different audiences, and no one will be forced to buy a bundled game that they do not like.

Source

Garjon

Not sure, but apparently they're going to reveal a few things, but since this is GTTV, it could mean literally anything.

Donos

oh fuck, the smile and the glowing orb in tretton hands is shop material :lol . Just give him a wizard hat or a harry potter scar.

exarkun

So how accurate did this thing look? I just watched the commercial (looks pretty cool for a fighter, not so much for shooter) and the guy is using the wrong arm to hit the guy in the head.

cakefoo

exarkun said:
So how accurate did this thing look? I just watched the commercial (looks pretty cool for a fighter, not so much for shooter) and the guy is using the wrong arm to hit the guy in the head.
It's just something they learned with the eyetoy, that it's less confusing to the player when they go face to face with their on-screen avatar, to mirror the feed.

The on-stage demo shows that they don't actually mirror those sequences in the game- or maybe they do but leave it optional.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
In the commercial they're not even playing the games. It's just a video shopped in after the fact. In other words: don't over-analyse it.

But yes, it is a little...surprising...how much they seem to be 'touring' the controller. There's a couple of public events coming up, Richard Marks is going to be on Engadget's show at the weekend, Tretton on Spike.

yurinka

cakefoo

jett said:
The subcontroller is a waste of time. It should just be two-wands instead, period.
easier said than done. i've yet to see a mockup that would properly accommodate an analog stick AND face buttons.

yurinka said:
Do they stream this? Or will be posted later in Game Trailers? I'm in Europe.
it should be posted on the site sometime after the show ends, i think.

Jal

I thought the sub-controller would have sixaxis motion seeing as its half a DS3, thats how you'd throw a grenade?.

Massa

Jal said:
I thought the sub-controller would have sixaxis motion seeing as its half a DS3, thats how you'd throw a grenade?.

You aim it with the Move and press a button? That sounds good to me.

slider

beast786 said:
So thats it for trentton ?? or there is more?

Nah, I dunno dude. I was harking back to the days of super Tretton hate. Someone who is watching it may provide details but if not it'll be online in a few hours.

Whoa... Neogaf zonked out on me for a minute or two.

Fake edit: Thanks cakefoo.

Jal

Massa said:
You aim it with the Move and press a button? That sounds good to me.

Aim with the move, hold the trigger and do the throwing motion with the sub (like throwing the ball in HV Bowling) the harder the 'throw' the further it goes.

Top Bottom