• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony has generated approximately $700 million from PC port sales for the last fiscal year

winjer

Gold Member
And for a minimal investment, considering these are all older games, that only require a studio to port them. And because consoles also use X86 CPUs and similar dev tools, it's much easier and cheaper than ever before.

Not porting games to PC, would leave quite a lot of money on the table.

Day1 is getting closer.
oFoLZFx.gif

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Nearly 50% growth year on year and it looks like a great start to FY 2024 with GoT. Once helldivers II goes to Xbox they'll break a billion..... haha

XXL

I think Playstation should start porting old games to PC over new ones.

Some of the PS2 and PS3 games would be pretty great. I'd be super interested in alot of those.

Topher

Gold Member
You mean what destroyed Xbox?

Xbox sales tanked before they put their games on PC.

Edit: Some folks laughing at this so here is the proof.

Microsoft's Play Anywhere initiative began in 2016 with Recore. Xbox One sales begain dropping in 2014.....

By 2015, sales were so bad that Microsoft no longer reported Xbox numbers at all.

So as I said, Xbox sales tanked before the first game was ported to PC.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Its the Helldivers effect.

The three quarter before that are bad. And even those numbers are inflated. Sony has released PC numbers last year. they were nowhere near $500 million it shows here for FY2022. IIRC, they were under $200 million and anticipating $300 million for 2023 so the majority of this is likely on xbox and switch because of MLB the show or whatever else they make for mobile.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
That's only year late ports, too.

Let me buy PC day one. I'm on the verge of selling my PS5 because it's just an ornament, I buy exclusives new on disc and then sell them after finishing them in a weekend for ~85% of the value. I play everything else on PC and I'm not interested in PS+.

Let me take the cash I'd spend on a console (where you make very little money) and I'll dump it all in digital PC games on your proprietary launcher so I don't need to keep this dumb box under my TV.

Top Bottom