• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony on Japanese console games: "Well have some big announcements at E3"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boke1879

Can't wait! Please Sega, don't disappoint.

PLxC6p4.jpg

Seriously I need this.

Fraxin

Come to think of it, considering that on top of the FFXII remaster there's also an Ivalice crossover raid in the upcoming FFXIV expansion I'd be shocked if they weren't planning on releasing a new full game in that universe within the next year or two. May not be an E3 announcement, but it'll probably happen.

Ivalice needs Matsuno.

Mortemis

Banned
Everybody's shooting for the stars in here, but all I want is a release window and a trailer for KH3.

But I guess that's shooting for the stars too. :(

Gradon

Sony should really make a new Ape Escape.
I mean, I've been asking since Million Monkeys over 10 years ago.
...hoping it'll hopefully be the year. As always. 😂

klee123

When the new Armored Core is announced, I expect to see that at TGS.

Pretty much. I doubt Sony would commission From to do an Armored Core game if there is a Sony x From game in the works.

TGS would be the more likely event it'll be shown at and will be multiplat.

silva1991

2008, which was 9 years ago. What's your point? KH3 was announced some years ago and we still don't really know much.

Just harmlessly poking fun since fan base of both games have been waiting far too long for the next mainline games.

In all seriousness, both Capcom and SE should be a shamed of themselves for making fans wait this long(that is assuming DMC5 is even being made)

I really hope DMC5 will announced next weak.

PS4 and Xbox1 desperately need a character action game this gen.

You'll get Devil May Cry 5 but it'll be outsourced to a western developer cause Capcom doesn't want to make a Devil May Cry game.

It really doesn't make sense for them allocate resources to make a Devil May Cry game when they're struggling anyways. At least not a full budget title, maybe they would make a mid budget title a la "RE Revelations"

Hexer06

Some good games ppl are listing in here. I'm sure whatever they bring, it will be good. PS4 is the best when it comes to Japanese games. It's most of the reason I have one, lol. Keep the RPGs coming please! :D

Neonep

You'll get Devil May Cry 5 but it'll be outsourced to a western developer cause Capcom doesn't want to make a Devil May Cry game.

It really doesn't make sense for them allocate resources to make a Devil May Cry game when they're struggling anyways. At least not a full budget title, maybe they would make a mid budget title a la "RE Revelations"
1. Capcom stopped outsourcing titles a while ago.
2. If DMC is the game Itsuno has been working on then this game has been in development since late 2015.

kevin1025

Banned
Resident Evil 8, let's keep this train going. January again, for fun!

Just give me a Ni No Kuni II trailer and date, announce Dragon Quest XI for the west, and show some of Japan Studio's output (let's say Knack 2, a new Ape Escape, and keep on going with the PSP remasters), and I'll be mega happy.

Give the people their Devil May Cry, FROM, and Monster Hunter, too. Why not!

Sesha

Every new Capcom title is in-house. No Western outsourcing. That shit's done for the foreseeable future.

And Capcom isn't struggling (that much). It's perfectly within their capabilities to do a new proper scale DMC. They started DR4 and RE7 when they were way worse off, and DR is a lesser franchise in sales than DMC.

Dabi

Its crazy. Microsoft, Nintendo and Ubisoft are lined up for their best showings in years but they'll look like average showings in Sony's shadow

Byvar

"I think a lot of Japanese developers lost their way chasing the mobile games yen, if you will, but they're coming back to console in a major way. And speaking of, we'll have some big announcements at E3 in that precise vein."
So this is about bringing back famous Japanese developers who only develop for mobile nowadays? I can only think of Sakaguchi/Mistwalker for some reason, but I really doubt they got him to develop for PS4. Especially since they have a new mobile game in development right now. It would be crazy if it was him though, and it would explain why he was thinking of opening a new development studio apart from Mistwalker.

Either way, I'm looking forward to it!

Raven117

I don't even know what I want.

I want FromSoftware to announce something in colaboration with Japan Studios something we have never heard of....And after the reveal Miyazaki says "yeah, Sony really just told me to go wild with it...so I did...I don't know if everyone will like it...but I sure do..."

I want Rockstar to tell us a bit about Red Dead

I want Bethesda to say they have figured out how to make games that compete with Witcher 3 in terms of compelling story narrative and mission structure.

I want CDProjeckRed to announce Cyberpunk and show gameplay.

I want Atlus to announce more full blown console games for Switch and Ps4....that are flat out weird.

I want Destiny 2 to actually have a coherent story.

I want to see what sucker punch has cooking (and hopefully given a more rope than Infamous series)/

I mean....IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?! :D

Not sure what of these will be announced by Sony (I think all Square, but yeah!)

USA release date for DQXI.
FFVII/KH3 won't have much to say about
Dissidia: Final Fantasy to console
Avengers Marvel project with Square. New trailer, name reveal and a hint at others that will be released later on.

For E3 attendees, FF14 Stormblood section for the players. Naoki Yoshida will be there and players can do some dungeon challenges for a free shirt.

What? They changed their minds about Avengers not showing up this year?

And no KH III?

This can't be right.

CAN IT?

MrT-Tar

I hate to hype myself up, but I honestly expect this to be DMC5.

A new Wild Arms would be ace, but highly unlikely

Slashlen

I'm looking forward to it, but I'm not sure what I'd want that isn't already happening, isn't obscure enough that it wouldn't be "big", or isn't something old enough that I wouldn't expect it to be done right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom