• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony: "The future is coming" at CES 2020

Ivellios

"Yes, Sony seems to have raised our curiosity with their latest teaser of what fans can expect from their showcase as CES, which stands for Consumer Electronics Show. The Sony presentation at CES is set to kick off on January 6th at 5 pm PST/ 8 pm EST in Las Vegas and by the sound of it, you won’t want to miss whatever they have in store for their fans this year. According to their website, these are their plans for their showcase, “At CES 2020 Sony is unveiling a unique vision of the future, bringing creativity and technology together like never before, to unleash new sensations and emotions.”

Source: https://cogconnected.com/2019/12/sony-future-coming-ces-2020/

I wonder if this has anything to do with the PS5?

AnotherOne

68.gif

Don't get too excited it's probably TV related.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ar¢tos

New sensations and emotions?
I've been feeling the same ones for years, I wonder what these new ones are.

Isn't the future always coming? What a weird catchphrase...

Maybe they will show DualShock 5 and it's haptic feedback and adaptive triggers? Can't think of much else because of the catchphrase.

Last edited:

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
I think it’s some PS5 related tech talk. Maybe they have Lisa from AMD on stage as well. I don’t think this is a full blown console reveal.

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

It will just be some 8k TVs and a 8k Blu-ray player so you can actually use your hideously expensive 8k TV.
8k bluray player would actually be good news. It could mean they are ready for mass production of 200GB and 300GB discs (5 and 6 layers), there is no way a 8k movie will fit in 128GB.

ANIMAL1975

I hope it's some awesome new wireless VR.
Now that you mention it, I'm beginning to think that it could really be psvr2. CES feats perfect to announce, or even show new device, and at the same time spice things up for ps5... and for the rumored playstation meeting reveal in February.

If you think about it, 'new sensations and emotions' feats like a glove for Psvr stuff.

Reactions: TLZ

Ar¢tos

If they do some ReRam announcement (or some other memory or storage tech) , it might be relevant for PS5. Outside of that, I don't see any ps5 news coming from this.

DonF

They are going to announce the wh1000xm4, since I got the xm3 like a month ago.

CES tends to not be around PlayStation but who knows. It is a good venue.

ZywyPL

Banned
I have a strong feeling the event will be 8K focused. Which is why they will release PS5 Pro somewhere down the line.

Sony OLED A10G with HDMI 2.1!

I'm actually waiting for Sony's OLED with HDMI 2.1, I hope it will be there when the next-gen consoles launch.

Last edited:

SleepDoctor

Banned
Don't hype this shit up for nothing. Or talk about "the future is coming" and be 9tf lol.

Hopefully we get some kind of info. But it probably will be a tease for the feb unveiling.

The future in all of its 9.2tf glory! At least PS5 will finally have BC. Way to go Sony!
lol i understood the back handed compliment :messenger_tears_of_joy:

if it is higher than 9.2 then sony realy played 4d chess with MS . sending them down the rabit hole of 9.2 to comeback with the more powerful PS5. interesting times ahead

meirl

Banned
9.2 sory 9.16 teraflop incoming.
$399 and no games.
The future is here.

you are joking, I know, but this is going to be the case though. Also, barf at your avatar pic. NeoGAF should be disable the avatar feature for some people

meirl

Banned
lol i understood the back handed compliment :messenger_tears_of_joy:

if it is higher than 9.2 then sony realy played 4d chess with MS . sending them down the rabit hole of 9.2 to comeback with the more powerful PS5. interesting times ahead

no one from ms said 9.2 or something, so meh, MS isn't even playing with sony lol

Ati2yEh.jpg

no one from ms said 9.2 or something, so meh, MS isn't even playing with sony lol

Ati2yEh.jpg
albert penello said while he was still there at MS, the common understanding was PS5 would be around 8 to 9 TF. So they did play it and thats why they said in e3 2018 "most powerful concole ever "for XSX which they went back on in 2019 e3 and said "most powerful xbox".

Last edited:
Top Bottom