• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony UK 'ready and willing' to break sales record with PS4

DBT85

I think people are really underestimating the sales in the EU and abroad since the initial US/Canada launch.

People are in for a big surprise.
+2 million, easily. Launch.

Nobody is underestimating the demand, just the supply. We all know if Sony sent 3m to the EU it'd probably sell, but they wouldn't have sent that many.

Parapraxis

Wow, I can't even find an Xbone to buy nevermind a PS4!

Oh well I guess after Xmas will do.

Yeah, that's not good, I think I'm going to have a pretty upset little brother-in-law :/
Kinda sucks that a good chunk of my spare time is going to consumed over the next few weeks checking stores for stock, when I really want one as well but can't afford it lol.

We haven't gotten sales numbers yet? There must a ton to tally up!

Monday. GfK counts until close of play Saturday and tallies the score on Sunday. Charts are ready for Monday.

Sony will give a Europe figure, or say that they have reached over 2m sold to consumers on Monday.

Monday. GfK counts until close of play Saturday and tallies the score on Sunday. Charts are ready for Monday.

Sony will give a Europe figure, or say that they have reached over 2m sold to consumers on Monday.

I'm still hoping we hear something from Sony tomorrow but I guess Monday is good too

Rich!

That killzone C4 'ident' has 'advertisement' stamped in the corner. So I guess its a Sony ad placed in the breaks to look like the idents, C4 won't actually be using them to introduce shows?

No - it is an ident. Technically, the ident is an advertisement as it's promoting the PS4. Because of that, a notification telling customers that it's a promotional piece is required by law as it's not shown in a designated advert break.

noobie

Banned

i hope it is not 2m. but 3m sold to consumer.. because black friday will also fall in that figure.

Chinner

Banned
the uk must have received a huge shipment of PS4s, because amazon has just dispatched mine and i only pre-ordered on the 23rd of november.

oggob

Sony AU is under the UK/EU/PAL umbrella, expecting their pre-shipment from the 16th.

All of which is sold out til 2014, grain of salt stuff, but ive heard retailer plebs state that they've heard estimates of over 100k preorders still waiting to be filled over here...

With our population of ~22million, then that puts us on par with everywhere else, 1 in 220 people were looking to get a console "at launch"

Top Bottom