• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony UK Tweets about GTA V on PS4.

Hystzen

A PS4 port will come...when the complete collection is released in a few years

(that is if we get DLC like GTAIV had)

I think this is just a typo, but even if it were coming to next-gen I wouldn't deny myself the experience on the vague assumption that I could play a prettier version with a better controller in six or eight months.

They'll redact this. Seems really poorly worded too, like it was written by a kid.

I think it's more likely now that GTA V will not see a PS4/XBone release, but that GTAOnline will be ported/updated to nextgen by 2015. I'd put some fake GTA money on it. The Leslie Benzies (Director of GTA) interview on CVG had much more focus on GTA Online seeing an eventual release on the nextgen than GTAV, which may very well just be a swan song for this gen and that's it.

Endo Punk

Say if it is a typo why do they feel the need to say it would be better on PS3 when it would be obvious to anyone that a quote from Sony talking about GTA would be clearly about their system? I don't buy it, they have given away a PS4 version. Woooooooooooooo

paparazzo

It's inevitable, no doubt, but I'm not waiting 6-12 months for it. Will double dip if there's enough incentives.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
GTAV XB1 next-gen exlusivity incoming

I would be totally stunned. Walk into any Gamestop right now and all the signage you see for GTAV ties the game to the PS3. There are the PS3 system bundle advertisements, the PS3 GTAV branded pulse headset etc.

That said yeah this is almost 100% likely a typo.

CloudWolf

Yeah, looks like a mistake.

The bigger mystery in this thread is what the hell that Norman Noel guy has been smoking.

GTA5 ON A #PS4 now that we be gaming at the best - while i am singing I "GET LUCKY" THE DAFT PUNK IN ME IS THINKING.
What the hell does this sentence even mean?

Is it weird that I would be totally okay with a bare bones PS port. No extra content. Not even upgraded graphics.

But just GTAV with a silky smooth 60 FPS framerate.

3 is next to 4.

index.php

Fuck man you're right

fuck my keyboard

So how long until this single tweet gets made into a full article by nearly every video game outlet with half of them conveniently leaving out a rumour tag and no fact checking? I give it 6 hours.

AHA-Lambda

Because it's Sony and they want to promote the PS3?

MS and Sony never do that though. They would rather pretend the competition doesn't exist.

The only times they will say a game is better on their system is if they have some sort of exclusive for it.

Certinty

Not saying it's not a typo but if it was it makes it even more interesting why he would RT someone mentioning GTA V on PS4.

Clearly a typo that will be cleared up shortly.

I don't intend on buying Grand Theft Auto 5 just because of my backlog + new console coming out ... if it did come out on PS4 though, I'd be hard to argue against buying it then.

Liamario

Banned
It could be a typo, but I'm a little sceptical. The wording implies that the PS4 version is a separate version.

Endo Punk

My preorder is canceled. Give me that PS4 SKU with 60FPS.

Next gen version is undoubtely going to happen and when it does I hope that instead of making the graphics better Rockstar gives us last gen version(graphically) but crisper, cleaner and most of all 60fps.

dugdug

Banned
Other devs, take note. This is what happens when you announce an exclusive and then never make it.

RIP Agent.

/s

Liamario

Banned
I am very sceptical that if it does come to ps4/xbone that it will be 60fps. I expect 1080p and a locked 30fps. Of course, 60fps could happen if the graphics aren't really upgraded for ps360.

Top Bottom