• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sorry physical GAF, Stadia is now registered in India :(

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
I do like this reddit thread

But back on topic, good for consumers in India interested in cloud streaming.

It's a detail compared to LATAM, India, Japan/Korea launch (selling more games to more customers will make some publishers come back, some won't though).

If you give a closer look to your reddit, 2022 is not that far from 2020 (49 vs 55) and even 2020 well beaten by 2021 in september finished at 108 vs 109.

Taking into account covid (2020-21 games were developped before the pandemic...), a 8- 9 games drop isn't crazy (2022/49, 2020/55, 6 games difference in september...)

So, the 100 games road map will be difficult but not impossible, most games are coming now.

Plus, the Low Change Porting tools are not finished yet. Google's weapon to fix the lack of games.

Big picture:
Even if 2022, is a slow year for all publishers, Google Stadia will launch with more than 300 games in new regions.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
You Got It Ok GIF by MOODMAN

Fat Frog

Stadia, year 3.

Physical gaf top team:

Vegeta ☠️
Piccolo 🤕🤕🤕
Kirilin soon ☠️

You were cute, folks. 😎

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Ya know what, I can see the use case for some folks that can never afford real hardware. It’s not for me, but if it lets more people game than could otherwise, good for them.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Stadia works if you are the only person online in your home, and on the cable line, and on the service providers router. 😂

Streaming isn't going anywhere. Stadia might eventually be killed off but streaming itself will stick around. There is still a way to go but the gaming industry will end up just like the music and movie/tv industry. In fact gaming will probably be fully digital. You can still buy CDs, Vinyl, and Blurays but that's because they offer better quality than the "good enough" streaming options. A physical game doesn't make your game play or look better. All it is is basically a digital game with a disc as your license instead of being stored on your account.

When streaming becomes "good enough" for most people then it will be either streaming or downloading a game to your SSD for local gaming.

Physical media is dying. It makes little sense to buy physically today at least on PS5 or Xbox. Sony and Microsoft will love the thought of ditching discs and forcing you to pay $70-80 for a digital game at launch.

You can try hold onto your discs but it is inevitable. The only physical games I buy are on Switch because you can actually get a decent amount of money back if you sell them but if Nintendos next console is all digital I wouldn't mind one bit. If I were a die hard physical owner I'd seriously be thinking about starting to become less reliant on it. It's a very old technology and is going to be a thing of the past within the next generation or two.

Last edited:

Fat Frog

Stadia works if you are the only person online in your home, and on the cable line, and on the service providers router. 😂
Yeah, sure.

IRL people will say they fight for the climate.

Two hours later on the net: "All my family is watching at the same time Netflix at 4K on 5 different screens, impossible to run Stadia 😭".

Stadia is running at 1080p for most people (free tier) with 20mbps. A lot of cloud daddies switch to handheld mode at 720p on their mobile when their children watch TV.

On top of that, if you have sooooo many people in your family, Stadia is the perfect fit for your short break time: No DL, no update, switch to mobile easily and if...if... IF... You have a moldovan connexion, 50 kids watching Netflix, Amazon, disney+, paramount +... Stadia works with mobile data as well ;)

Not to mention, Internet connexion are improving all the time, AV1 will soon reduce datas etc. Gamers always find laughable poor excuses... 😁

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

It's time for India to call upon one of their beloved goddesses and cut Google down and shut that shit off.

Animation Loop GIF by Eloy Lannoó

Mr Hyde

A physical game doesn't make your game play or look better. All it is is basically a digital game with a disc as your license instead of being stored on your account.

This is absolute horse shit. Playing a game natively on dedicated hardware will always be better than streaming. Physical media ain't going anywhere.

Three

Panic mode for physical gamers... 😁

It's ok, it's just an interview, it's gonna be ok. 😆

DF seem to have schizophrenia when it comes to game streaming. Cover Project xCloud and they would literally say how it's an innovative new technology designed to get games to places like India without needing a console in the home.

Reggie mentions cloud streaming and subscriptions as the innovative direction he would take Nintendo if he were king for a day because you only need a good router and John is throwing a fit on twitter the day Stadia launches cloud streaming in India.
Cloud streaming being shit is never the narrative they seem to push officially but glad John prefers local hardware.

GHG

DF seem to have schizophrenia when it comes to game streaming. Cover Project xCloud and they would literally say how it's an innovative new technology designed to get games to places like India without needing a console in the home.

Reggie mentions cloud streaming and subscriptions as the innovative direction he would take Nintendo if he were king for a day because you only need a good router and John is throwing a fit on twitter the day Stadia launches cloud streaming in India.
Cloud streaming being shit is never the narrative they seem to push officially but glad John prefers local hardware.

John is the only rational employee there. The rest simply shill whatever the flavour of the month is.

Fat Frog

Because they usually have top of the line internet in every home.
That's what smart asses don't get at GAF 😁.

They may have low incomes, but not ridiculous internet.

Average internet speed in India was 70mbps as of 2022 april... More than enough for 4K.(30mbps)Spoiler, most of them will use the 1080p free tier.

People in Brazil are playing with VPN on north america data centers and have good results...
Imagine when they'll hvave their own data centers in their countries.

Last edited:

Three

Nope.
Sony removed content from our libraries though 😇😍
https://techraptor.net/gaming/news/sony-deleting-content-from-playstation-libraries
They also paid to block games on Game Pass. 🥰😍😌

And in a few years, Microsoft will find a way to remove Activision/Bethesda games from Playstation. 😆🤪🥳🤡🤩🥰.

HU HU HU HU
That's movies my dude and StudioCanal removed them much like other movie studios remove them from itunes, xbox movies and tv, and yeah Google TV/Play without so much as a word. Licencing movies is different to games though fortunately.

He's talking about the games count of the service you quoted which won't exactly be 300 because games are removed from services like Stadia Pro, PS+ Extra, Gamepass all the time.

Stadia games are a little different though because much like claimed PS+ games the game is downloadable and playable even after it leaves the service but you would have had to be subscribed throughout to have got all 300 available on Stadia Pro. Newcomers in new regions wont have the library of 300 games you quoted was the point I think. Still awesome that it's launching in more regions though.

Last edited:

Fat Frog

Aren't games removed from the service?
300 games will be available in the store for new regions.

Games are only leaving the pro sub not the store (unlike GP there are less games on Stadia PRO but when games leaves the sub, you can still play as long as you sub. It's not like netflix. What is claimed is claimed for good)

ZoukGalaxy

Slow day ?
Because low effort pathetic thread, it's great news for the 3 users of stadia, they will have a new friend to play with soon, he can't wait.
desi GIF

They can now play Just Dance 2020 together.
Badhaai Ho Bollywood GIF

Last edited:
Slow day ?
Because low effort pathetic thread, it's great news for the 3 users of stadia, they will have a new friend to play with soon, he can't wait.
desi GIF

They can now play Just Dance 2020 together.
Badhaai Ho Bollywood GIF
He tries this bait every week. He'll post 100 times desperately trying to trigger people who don't care about Stadia (pretty much everyone).

Unfortunately for him, he doesn't get many bites because people don't even think about Stadia enough to even humor him.

It's not the same as Voost Kain when it was funny someone thought Stadia would be a success. Now, it's already been proven to be a disaster and Google already shutdown their own studios, so it's just him arguing with himself.

ZoukGalaxy

He tries this bait every week. He'll post 100 times desperately trying to trigger people who don't care about Stadia (pretty much everyone).

Unfortunately for him, he doesn't get many bites because people don't even think about Stadia enough to even humor him.

It's not the same as Voost Kain when it was funny someone thought Stadia would be a success. Now, it's already been proven to be a disaster and Google already shutdown their own studios, so it's just him arguing with himself.
Thanks for enlightening me, he's now a pathetic member of my ignore list.

I honestly didn't noticed his regular bait thread, that's indeed a proof how much we care of the Stadia joke/fiasco 😹

Well, that's really lame and useless, Stadia is going soon to be welcomed by killedbygoogle.com anyway.

Thanks again for the tip !

Now it can be rejected by a billion MORE people!
/thread
play dead cat GIF

#DEAD

Last edited:

Fat Frog

Thanks for enlightening me, he's now a pathetic member of my ignore list.

I honestly didn't noticed his regular bait thread, that's indeed a proof how much we care of the Stadia joke/fiasco 😹

Well, that's really lame and useless, Stadia is going soon to be welcomed by killedbygoogle.com anyway.

Thanks again for the tip !

/thread
play dead cat GIF

#DEAD

Banned
anyone shilling for cloud streaming is a casual peasant who should not be recognised as a gamer and should be ousted from the gaming community as a whole.

these people clearly don't care about quality gameplay, a good image quality, reliability and consumer rights.

you are not welcome!

I Have Spoken GIF by IMDb

Last edited:

Fat Frog

these people clearly don't care about quality gameplay, a good image quality, reliability and consumer rights.
It's funny, a few years ago, many gamers claimed that input lag would be awful and how amazing 60FPS were...

Now that we know that Stadia has good latency results due to amazing tech and 60FPS, they are bringing IQ into the discussion. Fair enough 😆

I admit it's not fantastic for now but hey, i guess Doom at 4K 60FPS on Stadia is still cleaner than the Switch and probably the base PS4 and One. PS5 is prettier but at what cost ? 😌

As for quality gameplay ? You had more crashes with Cyberpunk on console, that's for sure 😎

Top Bottom