• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Calibur 2 HD Online release date announced

SykoTech

Nice to see port begging finally being cracked down on. All of the previous threads for this game were ruined by that garbage.

I'll probably wait and see how that FTP Soul Calibur on PS3 turns out first. If it disappoints, then I'll go with this. I'll get it eventually either way to play for Spawn and Heihachi for the first time. And to get the glorious Talim back.

Damn, I really wanted this but what a bad time to release! Maybe, just maybe I'll pick it up if it works with the DS4 but I honestly doubt it with nextgen about to be here. Maybe I'll just wait for the SC2 HD HD PS4 release :p

Skilletor

Nice to see port begging finally being cracked down on. All of the previous threads for this game were ruined by that garbage.

I'll probably wait and see how that FTP Soul Calibur on PS3 turns out first. If it disappoints, then I'll go with this. I'll get it eventually either way to play for Spawn and Heihachi for the first time. And to get the glorious Talim back.

Just wondering: you know the FTP SC is single player only?

Squire

Banned
I was thinking all weekend they'd need to put a date in this soon.

Day 1 on PSN and hopefully it's DS4 compatible.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Be glad I don't play her right then! She was just my replacement for Hwang, really (and Amy wasn't in this so that's a no go).

But there's Assassin...

F2P is single player only. It's really not competition.

Its the pal version of the game where they were available. I'm concerned if they will be playable online or not. Bets are they are but you never know.

Assassin, Berserker, and Lizardman weren't in the Japan version? Never realized that.

Man, I have a hint of fear now they won't be in, lol. They will probably be in though. I mean shit, they are charging a fat 20!

Kinda a bad day to release, right in the middle of next gen madness. If there's ever a time a game will get lost in the shuffle, it's Nov20 2013.

E92 M3

Great game, but two 'wtf': Why 20 dollars, and why November 20th? Game will easily get overshadowed and the online will be dead in a month :(

Will still get my Hwang on, though.

$20 is steep. I kind of wish it were playable on one of the next gen systems for that kind of scratch. I still boot up SC2 from time to time, and my 360/PS3 won't be hooked up forever.

Might be in for PS3 because of OnLive and the possibility of playing it on PS4 and Vita in the future if my PS3 ever gets kicked off HDMI port 5.

bigkrev

20 dollars is a massive bummer, and probably means I will be skipping this. Even VF5, a re-release of a former current gen disc game was only 14.99

Also, need to make sure Necrid isn't in the game before even thinking about a purchase.

20 dollars is a massive bummer, and probably means I will be skipping this. Even VF5, a re-release of a former current gen disc game was only 14.99

Also, need to make sure Necrid isn't in the game before even thinking about a purchase.

But I need him in so I make the purchase :(

Kimosabae

Banned
I played essentially every character in this game competently except Voldo (never appreciated the character's aesthetic). Lived and breathed it.

My mains, though: Cervantes, Yun & Kilik.

SkylineRKR

€14,99 is day one. Releasedate is fine for Europe, its about 2 weeks before the Ps4 and months before the X1. This is another game that justifies my cancellation. I'm going to settle with this, GT6 and Symphonia.

SC2 is one of the best fighters out there, and the best in the series imho. Didn't like 3 on Ps2, IV was mediocre, V is good but bare bones.. I figured they better release SC2 again instead of making new ones.

I mostly played with Cassandra. But Xianghua and Mitsurugi as well.

qko

Right when Next-gen consoles the game is targeted for are released. I'd understand if PSN and XBL games transferred, but they don't so this game is being sent to an early death. And the other two platforms (Wii U and PC) that don't have that worry are the plats that aren't getting it. Even if this were on the Wii U this is an awful time for a game like this to be released. I wonder if they will pull the old "well there just isn't the support to remake old popular games like SCIIHD"

Going to buy this during the post holiday drought and see if my cheap moves with Raphael work online.

Top Bottom