• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice Out April 30th in North America: Box Art, Pre-order Extras Revealed

ZeroAKA

The gameplay in the Japanese demo was fantastic, but I'm going to have to side with Toto this time around. Some of those textures don't look too hot, and it's very obvious that this game does not run at native resolution.

Will still buy the digital version on release day.

The gameplay in the Japanese demo was fantastic, but I'm going to have to side with Toto this time around. Some of those textures don't look too hot, and it's very obvious that this game does not run at native resolution.

I thought it was native rez?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Haven't really followed the JP release at all.
I remember that when word and screens first hit, hope and wishful thinking had preliminarily pegged this as the Vita's Souls-a-like.

Did that ever pan out? If not, what kind of game is this, actually?

cyborg009

Banned
From the (user-made) demo screenshots, it seems like there is pretty good AA.

Yep
nhrBCPl.jpg

Its just the ground texture are really strange. The quality of the texture depends on where your character is located. Online is smooth as butter tho.

Great news. I wasn't expecting it that early for some reason. Box art hits the spot and that is easily one of my favorite logos since the SNES days, if not earlier. What a tasty callback. It already looks cool twenty years from now.

Eusis

Sony's games rarely suffer from poor voice acting... ?
For whatever reason a lot of people will still insist on sticking with the Japanese VA. I just hope "it's the original performance" or "I don't like the English performance so I'll use the one I don't understand" is more common than "Japanese VA is just better" now.

Number45

For whatever reason a lot of people will still insist on sticking with the Japanese VA. I just hope "it's the original performance" or "I don't like the English performance so I'll use the one I don't understand" is more common than "Japanese VA is just better" now.
This is the one I'd most likely go with. I'm not that fussed though, I won't be pre-ordering if the price isn't right regardless of the extras.

People who care about the JP voice work would probably buy the game at launch anyways. At least they're offering it to those who want it.

Nice, that release date is a lot sooner than expected. I'm not too thrilled about paying for voice overs unless you pre-order though... Anyway, will be there day one. Better release an English demo soon Sony, I need this!

Number45

Just curious. What would be the right price for you?
Honestly I have no idea. I'm not the type of person that usually attaches value based on whether the product is physical or not - it's just that £12 is outside of my impulse buy range, particularly given my current backlog.

EDIT: I'm in the wrong thread, replying to the wrong post about the same kind of question. :p

Real answer: I think for £30 I'd pre-order, maybe £35 at a stretch.

I kept forgetting about this...it actually looks really cool. I had no idea Inafune was actually involved in making a game instead of whining about Capcom.

Top Bottom