• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice (Vita x Inafune) - Conference impressions and videos added to OP

Mitark

I like this high speed movement,The combat system looks like it is going to be a lot of fun.

ibnj2RNqMjfpxg.gif

test_account

XP-39C²
Did Keiji Inafune just dis Capcom and Dragon's Dogma in the first video at 10:55? :lol
I think he just ment that it is important to have interesting moster design in general. For example, they have Cerberus (3 headed dog) in the game, which is a known monster/demon, but they made it with their design instead, trying to make it more unique.

Jonnyram

Those fast movements are gained by sacrificing your blood yes?
No, I don't think so. You can see in the bottom right your three attacks, and blood seems to only be sacrificed when doing the "shoot blood from fingers" attack.

Also, I don't think he's dissing anything in particular. The concept of this game was to try and add some reality to the typical fantasy setting, by adding humanity to the monsters and by adding a cost for the magical powers you receive.

B.O.O.M

No, I don't think so. You can see in the bottom right your three attacks, and blood seems to only be sacrificed when doing the "shoot blood from fingers" attack.

Also, I don't think he's dissing anything in particular. The concept of this game was to try and add some reality to the typical fantasy setting, by adding humanity to the monsters and by adding a cost for the magical powers you receive.

So wait, that speedy movement is just default movement? (maybe depending on the character type?)

I'm even more hyped now!

Do you think there will be a class system implemented in the game?

Jonnyram

There is so much unknown right now, I'd hate to make calls like that, but they have promised some level of customisation. And at least you can see that all four players have three different skills mapped to their attack buttons.

Oh man Direct Feed videos delivered!! Game looks awesome and their are some really awesome concepts happening in this game. Also the text that floats across the screen which is the human form of the monsters yelling out is a nice touch.

Second video focuses on the music of the game and gives brief samples of a Mitsuda song and a Hokoyama song. Both sound really good.

Mitark

Freezing the boss so other can attack , This game has huge potential , reminding me of FFXI with stun,bind,sleep strategy.

iS2qYKGj0blYf.gif

Yjynx

Oh man Direct Feed videos delivered!! Game looks awesome and their are some really awesome concepts happening in this game. Also the text that floats across the screen which is the human form of the monsters yelling out is a nice touch.

Second video focuses on the music of the game and gives brief samples of a Mitsuda song and a Hokoyama song. Both sound really good.

Seconded.

Man now I truly itching to try this game. Come on give us worlwide release Sony!

Respawn

Banned
I just got to see the 4 player battle since I was at work when it was posted. Guys that was f'ing intense. All that being pushed on a handheld is seriously impressive. They should let the Castlevania team and Inafune collaborate.

Just watched the English presentation.

The atmosphere and especially the music, so much like Berserk. And the shock gore is drastically toned down in game...it's too early to be this excited :-0

Anyone else really impressed with the graphics? It looks so smooth and fast and the effects are really top notch looking. I'm sure on the vita itself it'll be stunning.

Grinchy

Banned
Anyone else really impressed with the graphics? It looks so smooth and fast and the effects are really top notch looking. I'm sure on the vita itself it'll be stunning.

Yep, I finally gave it a real watch a few minutes ago. I just skipped through it earlier and didn't really get the full effect. This time, I was pretty damn amazed.

This is going to be good.

Endo Punk

I just saw the 3 part english presentation. This game is too good to be on the Vita, fuck you Sony bring it over to the PS3. Im surprised how hard they are pushing it, did Gravity Daze also receive a similar push? Seriously if executed well SS could very well be the catalyst that drives Vita sales.

And it's all under the bridge now with Inafune, that SOB finally delivered. Much respect.

I just saw the 3 part english presentation. This game is too good to be on the Vita, fuck you Sony bring it over to the PS3. Im surprised how hard they are pushing it, did Gravity Daze also receive a similar push? Seriously if executed well SS could very well be the catalyst that drives Vita sales.

And it's all under the bridge now with Inafune, that SOB finally delivered. Much respect.
I dont think gravity daze everhave a chance to push vita, it's a new unknown single player games, it'll take a few iteration to build fanbase that can push it to system seller category imo. Even if the reception and word of mouth is good, people can simply borrow friends vita to try it.

Multiplayer game like mh and ss is more likely to be the catalyst, if the game is good, its fanbase will spread the wordbecause they want more friend to play the game with, I agree that this is the kind of game that vita need, anyone know how the reception to this game in japan? Do people dismiss it as mh clone are are there some buzz or hype surrounding this game?

impact

Banned

"Vita needs games!"
"Fuck you Sony, bring this game to PS3 you idiots!"

Vita is never going to win

Defeated boss's human form: "I want to hear my child's voice. I want to see my home again."
Players: "Fuck you! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!"
~SACRIFICED~

Man, this game is intense. Must have.

i-Lo

"Vita needs games!"
"Fuck you Sony, bring this game to PS3 you idiots!"

Vita is never going to win

Yea. I find that kind of argument stupid for obvious reason.

Anyway, if this game pans out as the devs are promising then I'll probably get a Vita sooner rather than later.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Did Inafune say he will complete making Soul Sacrifice THIS YEAR? Yay!

Seems like SCEJ went on this project immediately after they that knew they lost Monster Hunter back in early last year, so winter this year made it almost 2 year development cycle for the game which is sound right.

Averon

This is silly, and I've read this sentiment more than once.

-complains Vita lacks new and original IP
-Sony brings new and original IP to Vita
-curses Sony for doing exactly what you said they should do

raven777

At first, I was interested with the teaser. But after screenshot, I was little bit worried.
But watching the gameplay video, I am really excited.

DiscoJer

This is silly, and I've read this sentiment more than once.

-complains Vita lacks new and original IP
-Sony brings new and original IP to Vita
-curses Sony for doing exactly what you said they should do

This happened to the PSP all the time. Only in that case, Sony did sometimes end up porting the games to the PS2 (Syphon Filter, I think Motorstorm) or PS3 (like the GoW HD collection)

Endo Punk

Relax guys that was meant to be a complement to the Vita :p SS has made me forget about half the exclusives coming on PS3. If it releases this year WW and delivers I may get the Vita.

I predicted this would happen some time back. Gamers have lamented the fact that Sony's Japanese studios have been a virtual no show on the PS3. I agree with them. What I predicted is that you would see their Japanese developers focus on handheld games since Japan is so handheld centric. Sony's Japanese devs will shine on the Vita. I'd buy a Vita just to play this and Gravity Daze. I also wouldn't surprised to see some third party Japanese love at E3. Think a Kojima Vita game or maybe even an RE game.

crinale

I remember a lot of folks complaining that SCEJ isn't working hard, while SCEE and SCEA are working diligently.
Well, it turned out that Japan studio guys were working their ass off to make this game :)

Top Bottom