• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soulstice looks pretty cool

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Outta nowhere for me. Just released today. This is the first I've seen of this game and I got to say it looks pretty great. Looks very much Claymore/Berserk inspired. It's a AA action game inspired by the likes of DMC. It's only 40 bucks to boot which is great. Is anyone picking it up?

Karak Karak dug it.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
I was looking at this a few weeks ago, but decided against it in the end, happy to see it has been well received, I'll certainly grab it down the line as it looks fun, but I usually worry when I see modus as publisher, maybe they have improved their quality with the title they publish :)

Solstice-NES.jpg

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
It doesnt look next gen though. Ive seen cross gen games look better.

Also whats up with the cellshaded characters in an otherwise realistic looking game? The enviornments arent cell shaded and look pretty good. Weird artistic choice.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
It doesnt look next gen though. Ive seen cross gen games look better.

Also whats up with the cellshaded characters in an otherwise realistic looking game? The enviornments arent cell shaded and look pretty good. Weird artistic choice.
It's a budget game sold for a budget price. Looks great to me.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Not bad its a budget game and a cheaper price but is still fun and holds a lot of ideas that I think are worthy of playing through.
How long was your playthrough? I actually prefer games like this to be on the shorter side.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I've been playing this and it's decent. It seems overly long though. I've been playing for a while, I'm 10 chapters in and it's 25 chapters long. Wish there was a way to use combos to rack up currency to upgrade your stuff. Also, the game sometimes has areas where you aren't sure where to go next. One area leads to a secret that gives you an upgrade or currency and the other leads to your destination, and if you pick the wrong way you can't go back and get it.

Valt7786

Thought it was brilliant until it went overboard with the whole red/blue aura shit, that just made the later levels frustrating to play. Good foundation though, hope they get to make a sequel and refine it a little.

Top Bottom