• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sound issues with Genesis Collection. Xbox One X

Xenon

Since its the 30th anniversary of Phantasy Star 3, I decided to give it a try. I ended up picking up the Mega Drive collection. The fast forward feature is amazing, but the music is constantly getting garbled. It's extremely annoying. What are people's experience with the collection in this or other games?

Dev1lXYZ

Since its the 30th anniversary of Phantasy Star 3, I decided to give it a try. I ended up picking up the Mega Drive collection. The fast forward feature is amazing, but the music is constantly getting garbled. It's extremely annoying. What are people's experience with the collection in this or other games?

The sound emulation for PSIII in that collection isn’t the greatest. It seems to just be there because the others are....

Xenon

The sound emulation for PSIII in that collection isn’t the greatest. It seems to just be there because the others are....

Yeah seems like it. I left the game and played another one and then went back in and it seems to be okay. I think the one problem was I was just using save states . I'm thinking it might be a cumulative problem so I'm actually saving and at an inn and restarting the game now whenever I go back. Hopefully it doesn't recur.

Naked Lunch

The sound quality overall of that release is trash. Lots of clicks and pops. Really annoying. Serviceable at best.
When you rewind in any game on the collection or use a save state - you're likely to get jacked up sound until you load a new area.

Funny enough, when using save states on original genesis hardware with a flashcart it also has the garbled sound.

Xenon

For as long as people have been working on Genesis emulators its crazy how the Yamaha YM2612 is still giving people problems.

Dev1lXYZ

For as long as people have been working on Genesis emulators its crazy how the Yamaha YM2612 is still giving people problems.

It’s the chip of chips. Plugging headphones into that Genesis brought 16 bit up a notch. It’s why I now have hearing loss. 😂

Faithless83

Banned
´Not for long. The wizard doing the FPGA implementation of it (jotego) is getting closer and closer to a 1:1 representation.

What's already there is really close (impressive work on the genesis and neogeo cores) but he's recently pausing the CPS2 Mister core implementation to further work into the YM2612.

Last edited:

JLB

Banned
Didnt noticed that, though didnt play game that much.
Just want to mention that its one of the best collections I have played. The presentation is really great. Highly recommended.

Banned
sound issues on a MegaDrive emulator? SAY IT AIN'T SO!

lol, for real tho, most emulation collections with Genesis/MegaDrive games have issues with sound or graphics.

Top Bottom