• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sounds like Hellblade 2 MIGHT going in a open world direction

supernova8

Banned
Because they have the budget to fly overseas whenever they need to, to make sure their vision is realized.

I think everyone will be shocked at how far along the game is, when it's shown off this December.

Better put down that Kool-Aid ;)

Drunk Happy Hour GIF

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Hopefully they're not just taking endless pictures so they can find runes and shapes hidden in them to insert into the game.
If that stuff isn't coming back, Hellblade 2 can't fail to be a better game than the original, IMO.

Based on the quote "The game is set in ninth century Iceland, so we’ve been sending our art and audio teams out there doing photography, photogrammetry and combining it with satellite data to recreate large swathes of the landscape." and him saying they didn't want to make a sequel and to do something different it sounds like they can be going in an open world direction for the game. At the very least much larger open areas akin to TLOU2.
That's not the vibe I get from those statements

martino

Large area with hub or not you can free roam in would be great
No open world especially if it's to be AAA ubi like....the copycat struggle with that part and do it worst so far and i don't see this studio do better.
If we go botw formula on the other hand...but nah i don't see it at all.

supernova8

Banned
Nevermind, youre right..I just came to my senses. They totally aren't making a game at all.
Didn't say they aren't making a game. I'm being hard on them because this was literally the only game that made me think "Oh yeah maybe I might get an Xbox this time around", but the total lack of updates other than them wandering around a valley screaming has just turned me off completely. Remember it was back in December 2019 they announced it and for almost two years we've seen nothing. And no I don't count that E3 2021 "trailer" since it didn't really show anything at all.

Sure call me impatient. I'm getting impatient.

Didn't say they aren't making a game. I'm being hard on them because this was literally the only game that made me think "Oh yeah maybe I might get an Xbox this time around", but the total lack of updates other than them wandering around a valley screaming has just turned me off completely.

Listen, I dunno what world you live in where the dev diaries from Tameem and Melina (as well as the behind the scenes montage from E3) weren't updates on Hellblade 2 and Project Mara but that's exactly what they were.

Hell, a single tweet can be an update, much less actual footage of the devs literally 'making the sausage.'
They didn't have to show us anything.

The majority of people screaming for gameplay demos at every event (because they feel like "they've been waiting long enough") would simply rip it to shreds and make memes of it if it looked unpolished at all.

In any case, we're gonna see it in action at The Game Awards. Sit tight.

Is a game better after becoming open world? More next-gen when it's open world? Has more value when it's open world? I kinda get that sentiment sometimes... like linear games are bullshit, but open world games have more "value" 🤔 and are more "worth" it.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Is a game better after becoming open world? More next-gen when it's open world? Has more value when it's open world? I kinda get that sentiment sometimes... like linear games are bullshit, but open world games have more "value" 🤔 and are more "worth" it.
I prefer open world games. Some people don’t.

It’s not rocket science lol

I prefer open world games. Some people don’t.

It’s not rocket science lol
That's not the point I was making or what I was asking. You're free to have your "preference"... lol

I also like open world games, I just don't believe every game should be open world. I don't believe every game is "better" because they become/are open world games lol

I asked, does it being open world make it more worth it? does the prospect of being able to spend more time in a game that important versus all else?

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
That's not the point I was making or what I was asking... lol

I also like open world games, I just don't believe every game should be open world. I don't believe every game is "better" because they become/are open world games lol

I asked, does it being open world make it more worth it? does the prospect of being able to spend more time in a game that important versus all else?
To me, yes.

That was the point of my answer ;)

supernova8

Banned
Listen, I dunno what world you live in where the dev diaries from Tameem and Melina (as well as the behind the scenes montage from E3) weren't updates on Hellblade 2 and Project Mara but that's exactly what they were.

Hell, a single tweet can be an update, much less actual footage of the devs literally 'making the sausage.'
They didn't have to show us anything.

The majority of people screaming for gameplay demos at every event (because they feel like "they've been waiting long enough") would simply rip it to shreds and make memes of it if it looked unpolished at all.

In any case, we're gonna see it in action at The Game Awards. Sit tight.

I disagree. Hellblade 2 does look pretty ambitious and I'm excited to see it. If they say "hey this is work in progress and it won't be out for a while" that's totally fine. Obviously if they pull a 343 and show a polished turd a few months before the proposed release date then yeah... fair game.

I have a feeling it won't look anywhere near like what the original video was suggesting (don't forget it said "in-engine"), but we'll see.

Might be a stretch, but it would be cool if Senua could have different abilities by embodying different personalities in her mind.

The trailer did start with her saying "I will show you.." and ended with "we will show you.."

Top Bottom